Position Requirements - Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
• A minimum of one year of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Project Management
• Experience implementing Continuous Improvement
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint)
• Computer proficiency using AutoCAD
• Experience in problem solving methods (8D, 5 Why) and lean initiatives
• The ability to drive projects to completion
• Ability and willingness to work in a team-based environment
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• An excellent work record, including attendance
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements:
• Previous experience in a metal-forming manufacturing environment
• Five or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
• Robust experience implementing problem-solving tools such as 8D or 5Why
Description The Primary Activities of the Manufacturing/Process Engineer include:
Business Operations/Project Management:
• Communicate with Team Leaders, Lead persons, and Operators during the conception, approval, build, implementation, and follow-up phases of engineering projects that impact their job functions.
• Participate in the creation and execution of the annual capital budget plan and the company’s business plan.
• Participate in the APQP process as an APQP Team Member.
• Work in conjunction with the Product Launch Engineers to maintain PFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Flows, and inspection check sheets to ensure customer specific specifications and standards for products, application, and documentation are included after launch.
• Maintain project schedules; proactively and consistently follow up on assignments to assure successful completion.
• Using cost justification, accurately and efficiently select the required components, automation, and controls for machine building/automation. The automation includes, but is not limited to: robots, pick and place units, and conveyors. Assist in the design of internally built equipment.
• Verify that new projects meet part design and quality requirements through actual run results.
• Attend daily department meetings and remain informed about the business goals and objectives.
• Communicate thoughts and ideas for the production area goals, problems, and opportunities for improvement to the Production Manager.
• Compare productivity metrics with quality metrics. Add or remove quality checks to promote a quality process while steadily improving productivity.
• Attend weekly 8D review meetings.
• Own production-related goals and drive improvement to key measures. Present process key measures during monthly metrics presentation.
• Drive, as well as participate in, lean initiatives, including CIA's, quick die change, 5S, standardized work, lubricant reduction, ergonomics, SPM, uptime, and error proofing.
• Actively participate in tooling changeovers with technicians to understand the process and develop improvement techniques.
• Increase knowledge of processes and equipment. Possess the ability to run equipment with the ability to recognize and address cause and effect.
• Incorporate sensors and other measurement technology into new and existing processes to improve quality and/or productivity.
• Use CMM data and statistical analysis to establish effective process controls to drive improvements to and promote process capability of processes and tools.
• Review/participate in the actual packing of product within the manufacturing environment to implement leaner methods such as pack at the press, pack into customer totes in secondary and stamping operations, and pack at wash operation.
• Identify potential safety issues with processes and systems, and take appropriate action.
• Engineer improvements for process setups, material handling, storage, layouts, work cells, and any other functions that directly impact the performance of the performance. Spearhead continuous improvements of compound, fine-blank and/or secondary operations.
• Accurately calculate and submit cost reductions and cost avoidances using approved guidelines to meet or exceed annual goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Icard Enterprises
(231) 941-9400 Office
(231) 645-4522 Cell
Plant Manufacturing Engineer
MI - manufacturing engineer, solidworks, welding, lean,...
Rockford, IL - quality manager, quality engineer, ppap,...
Houston, TX - quality engineer, quality control, quality,...
MI - manufacturing, secondary, packing, plant, security,...
Elkhart, IN - quality engineer, supplier quality, qc, auditor,...
MI - manufacturing engineer, welding, plant, toyota,...
Travel RN/Registered Nurse - PICU - Experience Working in the USA Requ
Kalamazoo, MI - recruiters, picu, nurse, r.n., payroll, housing,...