160283 Lead Engineer (Interiors)
Our customer located in Novi, MI is seeking an experienced Lead Engineer (Interiors) for a direct hire position.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Provide lead engineering role in the direction / support of team members. Support Engineering Manager to ensure successful product development and launch. Provide in-house and/or on-site customer support in the areas of CAD, engineering, and customer support issues.
Essential Job Functions
• Design, develop, and engineer applicable commodity.
• Define product requirements.
• Utilize team members and various resources to ensure the customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
• Utilize lessons learned and continuous improvement activities to ensure robust designs.
• Maintain engineering open issues.
• Initiate, track, and maintain engineering discipline documents (DFMEA, DVP&R, BOM).
• Initiate engineering changes through ECI system.
• Execute initial engineering release and subsequent changes.
• Support various team disciplines (PFMEA, APQP, DFA, DFM, DFE, craftsmanship, tooling, timing, sales, etc.).
• Manage execution of FEA development.
• Approve product quality, GD&T, gauge / fixture design and build.
• Support analysis of dimensional data and corrective action for product concerns.
• Support resolution of build issues.
• Champion and participate in weekly design reviews and customer meetings.
• Provide launch support, including onsite at customer manufacturing locations.
• Champion, initiate, support, and participate in VA/VE initiatives.
• Manage and develop senior and design engineers.
• Track and maintain program budgets.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or technical field required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• 10 years of relevant work experience required.
• Greater than five (5) years of functional leadership experience as a supervisor.
• Experience in Toyota systems and terminology is a plus.
Personal / Technical Skills
• Strong multitasking and organization skills.
• Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Effective time management skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Computer / Software Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
• Proficient in UG-NX / Catia V5.
Work Environment / Conditions
• Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
• Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 40%.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “160283 Lead Engineer (Interiors)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
Retail Associate Manager
Novi, MI - time, help, lead, it, team, services, mobile,...
160608 Applications Engineer (Ignition)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engineering, mechanical engineering,...
Farmington, MI - wire, engineer, electro, design,...
Project Manager - CAD Design
Novi, MI - cad, optical, catia, tooling, project, machining,...
Project Manager - CAD Design
Novi, MI - cad, catia, optical, technical, project, data,...
DevOps Systems Engineer
Novi, MI - engineer, systems engineer, audio, catia, devops,...
Mechanical Engineering Intern
Novi, MI - catia, engineering manager, mechanical engineering,...