We have an opening for a Purchasing Manager for a local, multi-location restaurant group.
The Purchasing Manager will lead the sourcing and relationship management of existing and potential vendor partners. They will negotiate, coordinate and execute food, beverage, smallware and construction purchasing agreements while striving to minimize the cost of products, supplies and services. This position will also support the activities and initiatives of the Commercial Department.
The Purchasing Manager will identify and evaluate suppliers to ensure high quality products are sourced according to specifications. They will strive to improve commodity management by recommending organizational buying strategies in order to ensure operational and purchasing efficiencies. They will also be responsible for the sourcing of new vendors and providing distribution support related to new store openings and/or new market expansion activities. They will need to manage the day to day functions of purchasing beyond initial procurement including maintaining strong vendor relationships and consistent quality control evaluations with a strong desire to enhance the performance and reputation of the company.
In addition to procurement, the Purchasing Manager will verify purchase requisitions and orders and oversee inventory management in an effort to maintain adequate supplies. They will conduct inventory movement as needed and by cost effective methods as well as assuring material and product overflow is stored and maintained properly.
Department Team Support
Overall support and enthusiastic participation in department daily activities and yearly initiatives will be expected. The Purchasing Manager may need to assist in communicating with restaurant operators on purchasing related topics as well as recommend new approaches, ideas and strategies to effect continual improvements and efficiency of department and services performed.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management Position (APICS CPIM a plus)
• Strong preference for prior restaurant experience in a Purchasing role (Multi market experience a plus)
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Strong knowledge of vendor sourcing, inventory administration, purchasing and receiving systems
• Strong negotiation skills
• Detail oriented, Analytic and Innovative Problem solver
• Exceptional Displays a sense of urgency, self-motivated
• Readily adjusts to changing work environments, displays adaptability
• Has the ability to work independently, multi-task and organize work to manage time effectively and meet deadlines, is a strategic thinker
• Possesses proactive, professional and positive verbal and written communication skills
• Exercise good judgment and role models professional behavior, building teams through setting a positive example
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet required.
Presented by Tom Bull with Gecko Hospitality. Please send resumes to email@example.com
E-commerce Purchasing Manager
Alexandria, VA - inventory, purchasing manager, commerce,...
Strategic Sourcing&Purchasing Manager/Sr. Manager
Rockville, MD - procurement, sourcing, purchasing, supplier,...
E-commerce Purchasing Manager
Alexandria, VA - purchasing manager, purchasing, inventory,...
Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager/Sr. Manager
Rockville, MD - sourcing, procurement, supplier, purchasing,...
Washington, DC - purchasing, purchasing manager, procurement,...
FF&E Purchasing Project Manager
Washington, DC - purchasing, project, procurement,...
Project Purchasing Agent
Bethesda, MD - marriott, purchasing manager, purchasing,...