Manager Maintenance Production Equipment Experience
***-*** ******* ***** ******
London, ON N6K 1G6
To drive improvements within the Maintenance Department by establishing a proactive and systemic operation that is responsive to change, efficient and safe.
A Maintenance Manager with years of high level experience resulting in a solid track record of improving departmental functioning by leading staff, solving problems and implementing change. Key skills include:
• Systemic and proactive approach to ensure that organizational, industry and legislative standards are met
• Establishing and managing a transparent and accountable Preventative Maintenance Program
• Leading, coaching and mentoring staff through a collaborative team approach
• Ensured a safe work environment by adhering to safety policy, being proactive about training and making safety a priority.
Analyzed data, such as MTTR and MTBF, to obtain a true picture of the effectiveness of the department.
• Allowed proactive planning of manpower requirements, training needs and machine operations
• Improved overall effectiveness of the department (operational availability increased from 78% to 85%
• Created a transparent and accountable methodology for measuring departmental performance, and action plans for continuous improvement
Leadership skills to engage staff in problem solving and change management to improve team competency, cohesiveness and morale
• Solicited input from staff for departmental changes concerning physical work area and strategic direction of the department.
• Coached and mentored staff to develop personally and professionally
• Communicated effectively with staff, particularly during times of high pressure and deadlines, which built trust and rapport.
Decision making skills which comply with industry standards, but are also flexible and creative
• Developed and implemented standards which could be used for reference, trouble shooting, training, project planning and consistent decision making.
• Created a solid strategic plan to address issues and concerns of the maintenance department, monitored and evaluated the action plan.
• Made high level decisions by researching, investigating, obtaining input from experts and utilizing data to complete projects on time and within budget.
Presstran Industries, Division of Magna International
Maintenance Manager May 2003 – September 2011
• Developed and implemented solid processes to create effective systems
• Increasing uptime and reliability of equipment
• Improved relations between Workers and Leadership Group
PWO Canada (former Brattan Tool Industries)
Production & Maintenance Manager January 1998 – May 2003
• Managed Stamping & Assembly Production as well as General Maintenance
• Increased production performance through better Operator training and improved Preventive Maintenance program.
• Managed Engineering and Tooling departments for 12 month as an interim solution.
Brattan Tool Industries
Production & Maintenance Foreman June 1996 – January 1998
• Ensured quality parts were produced on time.
• Developed QS 9000 policies and work instructions for Production and Maintenance.
• Involved employees in decision making and promoted ‘ownership’ for their work centers.
• Developed and implemented a report to show production performance by identifying the various downtime reasons.
Production Foreman January 1996 – June 1996
• Improved Production performance and continuously outperformed the other shifts
• Encouraged Operators to take pride in their work and be part of a team with other departments.
• Implemented training for Operators to set up and run various work centers, therefore eliminating the position of set-up personnel.
Tool & Die Maker May 1994 – June 1996
• Maintaining and troubleshooting of stamping tools.
Machine Builder and Millwright October 1986 – July 1993
• Built feeding equipment, combination cradle/straightener and coil reels. This included the mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic installation and testing.
• Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of press-shop equipment
Machine Builder and Millwright July 1993 – May 1994
• Machined all components and assembled feeding equipment and other press-shop machinery.
• Machined one-off tolling used at the Toyota / Cambridge assembly plant.
German Army Forces
Weapon Mechanic January 1984 to December 1985
• Trained to become a weapon mechanic for tank gunnery units and hand weapons.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Millwright Apprentice, Claas OHG, Germany
• Vocational School, Guetersloh, Germany
• Bilingual (German and English)
Similar ResumesHuman Resources Sales Forklift Operator Data Entry
Canada, Toronto, ON - raymond, operator, chris, forklift, selector,...Career Objective Business Data Project Experience
India, Bangalore, KA - sap, admin, curriculum vitae, vitae, erp,...Paralegal/Legal Assistant
North Miami Beach, FL - attorney, steven, civil, paralegal,...Sr. Product Design & Development Engineer (AC Induction motors)
Mason, OH - engineer, voltage, samples, electrical,...Customer Service Sales High School Experience
Mesa, AZ - very, salon, beauty, gilbert, animals,...Experience Project Year Part Time Level Software
United States - bpo, delhi, year experience, qa, gis, army,...Certified Medical Assistant
Pasadena, TX - west palm beach, west palm, palm beach, triage,...Ira Ross - Electrical / Systems Engineer
United States - raytheon, engineer, systems engineer, electrical,...Luis D. Mattei
Jacksonville, FL - architect, available upon request, available upon,...Sales Manager Marketing Management Assistant Property
Indianapolis, IN - indianapolis, indiana, property manager, property,...
manager resumes in London, ON, Canada
electrical resumes in London, ON, Canada
army resumes in London, ON, Canada
mechanic resumes in London, ON, Canada
operator resumes in London, ON, Canada
maintenance manager resumes