Preston “Jay” McCreary303-***-**** ****
Buttermilk Rd., Larkspur, CO. 80118 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Operations or Lean Executive/Manufacturing Change Agent
• Co-founded lean and supply chain consulting group with sales of $2 to $5.5 mil.
• Expert at creating manufacturing process design improvements in all types of processes
• Ability to create phenomenal supply chain design and improvements through lean principles
• Change agent for all facets of business processes (procurement, planning, quality, order entry) associated to manufacturing
• Able to manage transformation process in manufacturing or other business segments for multi-site, multi-national operations to achieve breakthrough results through the use of existing organization resources. Achieved results of
• Reduced lead time 30-99%
• Reduced inventory 5-50%
• Reduced material shortages 10-75%
• Reduced costs 1-10%
• Improved on-time delivery by 5-25% points
• Creation of continuous improvement culture
• Improved quality results
• Increased market share and revenues
• Simplification of the complexity of business processes
• Improved performance to key business metrics
Area of Expertise
• Strategic Planning and Leadership
• Lean and Global Supply Chain Design Methodology
• Operational Process Analysis
• Productivity and Efficiency Improvement
• Continuous Improvement of Operations
• Business Performance Analysis
• P&L and Balance Sheet Management
• Training and Leadership Development
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Planning and Deployment of Operational Resources
Co-founder/Partner/Senior Consultant – FlowVision, LLC – Dillion, CO. December 1998 to June 2010
• C0-founder/Partner in Lean and supply chain design consulting group with clients including John Deere, GE Power Systems, Burndy - Hubbell, Timken, Remington Arms, BRP, Cisco Systems, American Saw, Nordyne, Foxconn, Flextronics
• Performed business analysis of all key customers to determine scope, potential benefits and proposed education requirements and implementation methodology
• Managed multi-site implementation projects globally with varied scopes, processes, products to completion, achieving predefined performance objectives created at initial business analysis
• Assisted in the creation of education workshops and provided training to all levels in the manufacturing organization
• Designed changes to business processes and systems for planning, procurement, inventory management, order entry and finance, as well as defining key performance metrics
• Managed many client implementations of process design change that have resulted in extraordinary results.
o $210 mil. electrical connector manufacturer reduced days of inventory on-hand by 38%, reduced lead time by 53%, and improved on-time delivery from 81% to 95%.
o $19 mil.medical device manufacturer (radioactive prostrate seeds) reduced total costs by 5.3% or $1 mil., scrap seeds by 75%, wasted nuclear material by 15%, labor by 15%, and overtime by 80%.
o Division of large publishing/printing firm reduced lead time to grade “no child left behind” standardized tests by 55%, and labor by 33%.
o $400 mil. precision bearing manufacturer reduced WIP inventory by 50% and lead time by as much as 99%.
o Large commercial dryer manufacturer reduced inventory and lead time by 50%, improved productivity by 15%, and scrap by 5%.
• Performed internal FlowVision management tasks including development of technical processes/implementation methodologies, human resource duties, financial performance monitoring and input to software development process
• Successful in client cultivation and sales through direct contact and business analysis to close deals and provide revenue to the business.
• The position of partner required 60-90% travel in all areas of the world; specifically the Far East, Central and South America, Europe, and extensively in North America. I have worked with people speaking many different languages, have taught and implemented using simultaneous translation or using a translator and am comfortable in most business settings worldwide.
• Wrote a book on Lean factory design (“The Little Blue Book of Lean Flow Factory Design”) to be published in 2010
• Articles published in multiple manufacturing, management and supply chain magazines (copies available upon request)
Director of Technology – JCIT Institute of Technology – Englewood, CO. January 1993 to December 1998
• Senior consultant providing implementation services, project management, and factory and supply chain design specifications for major manufacturing companies: GE Power Systems, Trinity Industries, American Standard, Giddings & Lewis, Delphi
• Taught one to four day educational workshops in private and public forums
• Provided technical support on-site as part of the client sales process
• Assisted in the testing and development of FlowPower software tool
• Managed a team of 4-8 consultants working on implementation projects across multiple companies and sites globally while travelling 60-90%.
Plant Manager – Lockwood Corporation – Scotts Bluff, NB October 1989 to December 1992
• P&L responsibility for $35 million plant with 100 people producing pivot irrigation systems and a $50 million dump truck and military truck body fabrication division with 175 people
Plant Manager – Electron Corp. – Englewood, CO. July 1986 to October 1989
• P&L management responsibility for $100 mil. machining and sheave production operation with 100 people.
Production Manager – Mile High Equipment Co. – Denver, CO June 1980 to July 1986
• Production and manufacturing engineering manager responsible for the fabrication and assembly of commercial ice machines for the hotel, restaurant and bar industry. Introduced and implemented lean concepts.
Manufacturing Engineer - Gardner Denver Co. – Thornton, CO. July 1978 to June 1980
Industrial Engineer – Bucyrus-Erie Corp. – Pocatello, ID. August 1976 to July 1978
Industrial Engineer – Harnischfeger Corp. – Escanaba, MI January 1975 to August 1976
• Attended Bay de Noc Community College – 2 year Associate Degree equivalent
• Industrial Engineering College – certified Industrial Engineer (on-site education at Bucyrus-Erie Corp. in Pocatello, ID)
• University of Kentucky – Lean Manufacturing Leadership Institute Certification
• APICS Certified Inventory Management
• 35 years of education in the “real world” of manufacturing