|RAYMOND M. ALLORI
**** ***** ***** *****
De Pere, Wisconsin 54115
Cell (662) ***-****
A creative and successful retail executive with a strong background in merchandising, marketing, product development and Asian sourcing. Proven track record in developing and implementing successful program introductions, business plans, sourcing initiatives and marketing strategies. Experience and achievement in various industries provides the ability to adapt to different situations while developing winning strategies. Motivated personality with solid decision making, problem solving and communication skills.
October 2009-Current –Shopko Stores – Green Bay Wisconsin
Senior Buyer Furniture and Home Organization
Responsible for Management of $65,000,000 Furniture & Home Organization Division for Shopko Retail Stores. Directly responsible for all business management, financial planning, marketing, product development, sourcing and negotiations for all product categories. In addition responsible for the development of all advertising planning , store presentation and inventory planning.
• Implemented a Private Label Product Development Program in Furniture
• Developed a “Key item Solution based “ product assortment and marketing program which was introduced in August 2010
• Redeveloped the furniture assortment upgrading the product mix and expanding Casual Seating, Casual Dining programs resulting in a 12% category growth in 2011
• Developed coordinated Home Studio color pallete and Home Organization product assortment in Home Organization which was introduced in August 2010 producing a 10 % sales and margin improvement in Spring 2011
August 2001 to May 2009 – Lane Furniture – Tupelo, Mississippi
Vice President of Merchandising and Advertising (June 2006 to May 2009)
Responsible for sales of $88,000,000 in Wood Division and strategic development of national marketing/advertising program to support $500,000,000 in corporate sales. Directly responsible for all business management, financial planning, marketing, product development, sourcing and negotiations of the Wood Division plus management of the corporate advertising / marketing Strategies and management of all financial budgets and spending. In addition responsible for the management of 32 marketing and merchandising associates.
• Produced $88,000,000 annual sales volume and 9% net profit in wood division.
• Directed all new product development, costing and Asian sourcing for all wood categories.
• Increased distribution of wood product assortment into 105 new dealers in past 18 months. Expanded penetration in key regional accounts – Lacks ,Darvins,Carls
• Reduced overall sku count by 33% and reduced inventories by 23%.
• Developed Import Container Stocking program increasing penetration in container direct sales.
• Reduced obsolescent inventory by 40 %
• Developed Mobile Marketing Event Program providing dealers with strong retail store events increasing store traffic by 20% and producing an average sales increase of 20 % during events.
• Redeveloped printing and marketing department services to improve dealer support and reduce cost by $3.5 million.
Vice President of Merchandising --Lane Wood (July 2003 to June 2006).
Responsible for sales of $75,000,000. Directly responsible for all business management, financial planning, marketing, product development, sourcing, program negotiations, inventory control and advertising strategy. In addition responsible for management of 8 merchandising associates.
• Increased Sales by 22 % in 3 years.
• Improved profitability from 2.5 % net loss to an 8.9 % profit in 3 years.
• Reduced Inventory by 38 % while maintaining a 95 % instock rate and improving turnover by 15%.
• Implemented a revised source structure in China and developed new sourcing in Vietnam and Malaysia.
• Developed and implemented 2 Licensed Brand Programs with National Geographic and Country Living which produced over $28,000,000 in sales.
• Developed and implemented new wood assortments with key regional furniture dealers: Lacks, Dillards, Belfort, and Darvins.
Dedicated Distribution Manager (August 2001 to June 2003)
Responsible for management of sales volume of $200,000,000. Directly responsible for management of the Lane Gallery Program –financial planning, sales , marketing, advertising strategy , merchandising programs plus development /sell in / implementation of all in store galleries.
• Increased Sales by 29 % and improved program profitability by 8%
• Increased Showcase Galleries from 300 to 385
• Developed and implemented dedicated merchandising programs which produced increased average unit selling price and improved sales/sq.ft. by 18%
• Developed and Implemented private label mattress program for Lane Stores
Producing $10 million in sales at 51% margin.
March 1996 to June 2001- Heilig-Meyers Furniture – Richmond, Virginia
Vice President of Merchandising (August 1999 to August 2001)
Responsible for sales volume of $1,277,000,000 overseeing all furniture categories. Directly responsible for all business management, financial planning, program negotiations, source structure, product development, import buying, inventory control, marketing strategy. In addition, responsible for management of 14 merchandising associates.
• Achieved a sales increase of 9.4%.
• Improved overall margin from 47.2% to 48.1% and improved turnover from 10.5 to 11.9
• Developed and implemented “Easy Room” merchandising / marketing strategy. Initial markets achieved 30% sales increase and a 2.2% margin improvement.
• Developed merchandising strategy for the implementation of supply chain forecasting which reduced inventory by 15% and increased turnover.
• Managed all exclusive product development programs for upholstery, case goods, occasional and entertainment
Assistant Vice President of Merchandising-Upholstery, Motion, Occasional, RTA, Casual Dining, Mattresses (March 1996 to August 1999)
Responsible for sales volume of $485,000,000. Responsible for program management, financial planning, marketing program negotiations, import buying, inventory control and personnel management. In addition, responsible for management of 5 merchandise associates.
• Achieved a 10.4 % annual sales increase and improved overall margin from 46.2% to 47.6 %
• Increased motion / recliner category sales from $90,000,000 to $170,000,000.
• Developed fabric co-op program producing $350,000 annually.
• Managed all product development on exclusive products
• Developed all advertising and marketing programs to support targeted sales growth
February 1981 to February 1996- Montgomery Ward, Inc. –Chicago, Illinois
Senior Buyer – Upholstery, Motion, Leather, RTA, Case Goods, Occasional, Mattresses (January 1995 to January 1996)
Responsible for sales volume of $675,000,000. Directly accountable for all business management, financial planning, import buying, sales, marketing, program negotiations, inventory control, product development and personnel management. In addition responsible for the training of 7 merchandise associates.
• Achieved a 9.6% increase in office sales and 4.2% margin improvement.
• Re-developed and re-merchandised the motion upholstery category increasing sales by 8% and margin by 10.4% and reducing inventories by 12%.
• Introduced new leather upholstery program producing $35,000,000.
Senior Buyer – Recliners, RTA and Patio Furniture (March 1992 to January 1995) Responsible for sales volume of $195,000,000. Directly accountable for all business / financial planning, sales, marketing, product development, program negotiations and inventory control. In addition, responsible for the training of 3 associate buyers. .
• Acheived a 10.8% increase in sales and a 4.8% margin improvement.
• Developed new Ultimate Recliner Assortment which produced $21,000,000 in sales and $10, 000, 0000 in margin.
• Re-mechandised RTA program delivering a 20% sales increase and a 5.5% margin improvement.
Buyer for Houseware Products (January 1987 to March 1992).
Responsible for sales volume of $87,000,000.
• Increased sales by 16.1%, margin by 2.5% and turnover by 2.2 turns
• .Increased co- op advertising by 65%
Associate Buyer for Lighting (September 1985 to January 1987).
Responsible for sales volume of $29,000,000.
• Improved sales by 12 % and margin by 5.2%
Associate Buyer for Building Materials (March 1981 to September 1985). Responsible for sales volume of $16,500,000.
• Increased sales by 55% in 2 years, margin by 6.5% and turnover from 3.7 to 5.4.
B.B.A. Marketing, Loyola University – Chicago, Illinois – 1981
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Similar ResumesSDLC Software Developer, Team Lead, Project Manager
Centreville, VA - developer, architect, cnc, csharp, programmer,...Senior Operations / Change Management / Performance Excellence
Raleigh, NC - information management, change management,...admission coordinator/marketing director
sylmar, CA - sri, india, lanka, trainee, production manager,...Purchasing Manager
United States - sap, tn, quality manager, scheduler, procurement,...VP / Director / Manager Of Sales / Business Development
Ortonville, MI - automotive, sales engineer, engineer, electronics,...Sales Manager Director Finance Development General
Jacksonville, FL - land, auto, tampa, car, manager director, mercury,...Senior Purchasing Manager
Monroe, NY - buyer, control manager, technician, pharmaceutical,...Purchasing Agent/Senior Buyer
Broken Arrow, OK - buyer, tulsa, supply chain, agent, fiber, sap, mro,...Senior Buyer
Pleasant Prairie, WI - sap, buyer, samples, dcs, oracle, erp,...Manager Engineering Business Development Sales
Sterling Heights, MI - saturn, plastic, automotive, engineer, chinese,...