Bassey Johnson Udofot
**** ****** ****, *********, ** 37923
Metallurgist and Process Engineer
Six Sigma tools (DMAIC), statistical process control (SPC), design scorecards.
Bachelor’s in Materials Science and Metallurgy plus Master’s Degree.
20 year’s experience including metal casting, forging, stamping, forming, welding, electroplating and brazing.
Able to relocate to Buffalo, NY.
Lazarus Applied Metalsciences (LAMS) 2007- PRESENT
Founder and Manager
Lazarus Applied Metal Sciences Inc is a metallurgical engineering of materials consulting service. Services include: Heat Treatment, Coating, Electroplating, Welding, Brazing, and Anodization, Passivation, and Conversion Coatings.
Client List - Remington Ammunition Manufacturing company, General Dynamics, Teledyne Aircraft Continental Motors – Aircraft Engines, Honeywell International Inc, NASA/Goddard Spacecraft Center, Colson Caster International Company, Denso Automotive Manufacturing Company, Alcoa Aluminum of America, Ramtron and other Semiconductor Corporations.
Energy Solution, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 2010
Responsible for reviewing work performances, assigning duties, making presentations, equipment designs, and submission of proposals and purchasing requests and auditing, planned, organized, planned, organized and managed programs related to Nuclear Materials discipline focusing on increasing Energy Solution’s Inc knowledge of nuclear waste material control and performance in the reprocessed stages (base). I additionally wrote the work instructions, technical reports, lessons learned, made proposals, interpreted critical technical drawings, specifications, Trained product line supervisors on metallurgical processing and performed administrative duties, as required.
NASA/GSFC at Greenbelt, Maryland 2007 – 2008
Aerospace Engineer Group Leader
• I managed the work of junior Civil Servants and Independent Contract Employees. I reviewed contract, customers work specifications and assigned tasks, appraised work performances, recommend, coached, mentored and made recommendation for improvement and championed lean manufacturing of products for spacecraft Missions.
• I acted as in house consultant to other codes and branch heads on materials selection, ISO Compliant, tribological surface finishing, Thermal, Magnetic and Radiation Shielding in Lunar Space, electrical conducting coatings.
• I served as a Directorate Representative for meetings between GSFC and other government agencies; providing expert knowledge and experience in surface engineering of materials. I assisted other codes on product mandatory and regulatory compliant, issues related to battery testing for Space Missions, OSHA work place safety and ISO.
• Chaired project meetings, assigned and directed projects.
GE Aviation (Unison Aviation Industries Inc), Norwich, New York 2004 to 2006
As a lead Metallurgical/brazing, Heat Treating and coating Specialist Engineer, I was responsible also for a machine Shop environment, supporting the product manufacturing efforts.
• Turbine Engine repairs, Back- shell assemblies, Sensors, actuators, electrical connectors, contacts, Igniter manufacturing and processing.
• Participated and led multidisciplinary product Teams in developing and producing new hardware as well as improvement of existed hardware
• Supported product design, reviewed and provided technical support to project engineer.
• Greatly involved in interactions with internal and external customers as was required
• I was selected to act as a Source certifying Agent for GE and Honey Well Company and some other aerospace companies doing collaborative work business with GE.
• Championed continuous improvement, Lean manufacturing, and reviewed specifications
• Mentored and led on Engineering projects related to plating, heat Treating, Metal -glass fusions, Brazing, ceramic –metal joining for jet Engine and turbine aircraft engine developments:-
• Reviewed all aspects of furnace, vacuum furnace, pot furnace, batch furnace conditions before use. I provided leadership in continuous Heat Treatments, Brazing, coating, electroplating of gold, nickel, etc on GE aerospace engines and components as well as from those contracted out to GE from other major leading Aerospace part manufactures, participated in materials review’s responsibilities assuring that design intent was met for all nonconforming hardware.
• Used the design for experiment (DOE) and Six Sigma Quality Principles in production of parts.
• Participated in the GE acquisitions of other competing Companies and led in the Technology transfer process instruction re-writes, after completion of the acquisition.
Audited and coordinated testing and interfaced with Customers, external labs on routine test requests as required, to ensure that imperfections and other safety risks are prevented from each part before qualification and release to Customer.
Denso Automotive Components Manufacturing Company, Knoxville, Tennessee 2001 to 2003.
A leading manufacturer of automotive driveline components from rectifier fins, transitions, small front wheel drive to sophisticated four wheel drive vehicles.
Metallurgist Group Leader
• Communicated with Vendors relating to material selection, application and compliant issues.
• Worked with Supply Chain and Procurement channels for materials and safety issues
• My other functions involved leading, participation, support in optimum materials selection, application, design aspects, specification reviews, Heat Treatment, electroplating plating, coating, stamping, foundry, welding documentation review and approvals, material related concessions and non conformance reports (NCR’s) and compilation of technical documents.
• Applied PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) to specify steps and standards for every phase of the planning and production process (design, records, engineering approvals, process –flow diagram, failure mode and effects analysis diagram, failure modes and effects analysis (in both design and process phases), measurement system analysis studies, and test results.
• Applied the six Sigma (DMAIC) ISO/TS 16949 quality standard concepts on product manufacturing.
Colson Metal Caster Corporation, Jonesboro, Arkansas 1998 to 2001
Metallurgist/ Welding Engineer
My responsibility was to lead, manage, develop and synthesize materials including oxide catalyst for electrochemical reactions in both thermal vacuum furnace atmospheres, aqueous and non- aqueous electrolytes. I was responsible for:
• Analyzing materials, preparing purchasing orders, made inquiries, selecting the proper materials for application in compliant with each customer’s orders.
• The welding and Heat Treatment, worked with Supply Chain and Procurement channels for materials and safety matters.
• Liaised with other departments, and assisted in the development of electronic tools to enable engineers, product designers and quality management to make correct, consistent and rational actions related to product manufacturing decisions.
• Interpreted customers’ technical drawings, specifications, work instructions and effectively communicated the requirements with my peers or fellow Associates.
• Traveled to supervise the Company’s business starts up in Mexico and China and implemented training of Personnel and manufacturing Procedural Requirements, in those countries.
• I applied my certification training knowledge in record keeping logging the test results and the technical report on the subject for future referral.
• As an expert metallurgist, I usually trouble shoot on discrepant products to assure they conformed to requirements.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE (1985 – 1997)
The University of Birmingham at Edgbason, Birmingham; United Kingdom 1995 to 1997
Postgraduate Student, studying for my Masters Degree Program.
Eagle Picher Industries Inc, Colorado Springs, CO, 1987- 1995
NATIONAL FORGE COMPANY COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO: 1985 - 1987.
Plant Metallurgist (Lab Manager)
Masters of Science - Materials Engineering (Electrochemistry)
The University of Birmingham, at Edgbaston
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Bachelor’s of Science - Materials Science and Metallurgy of Materials
Colorado State University (CSU)
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
• Six Sigma tools (DMAIC), statistical process control (SPC), design scorecards.
• Project Management, and 3rd party Audit Support.
• ISO/TS16949 ( Automotive), ISO/AS9001:2008 (Aerospace),
• ASTM G 154, ASTMB117 salt spray, NDT
• ANSI/BHMA A156.18-2006 Materials and Finishes and AutoCAD software certificate.
References available Upon request
Similar ResumesHuman Resources Quality Engineer Manager Control
- root cause analysis, cause analysis,...Engineer Engineering Quality Assurance Process
Rock Hill, SC
- precious, chromium, xrf, strip, jacket, track,...Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Controller
- wind turbine, brook, timberline, installer,...Quality
- eim, qs9000, as9100, 8d, resistance, pit, ts,...Materials Scientist, Tribology Engineer, Ceramic Scientist
- hydroxyapatite, plasma spray, nanomaterials, bit,...Sales Manager Manufacturing Engineer Director
Mills River, NC
- environmental compliance, mm, romania, turbine,...Quality Assurance Management Engineer Manager
- statistician, ndt, cleveland ohio, ehs, metallurgy,...Sales Customer Service Heavy Equipment Quality Control
Canada, St. Catharines, ON
- brothers, ins, serviceman, fire watch, bulldozer,...Metallurgical Engineer Materials Quality
- metallurgist, titanium, six sigma green,...Mechanical Quality Control Engineer Manufacturing
- hazira, surat, ndt, asnt, fcaw, filler, bearings,...