|OBJECTIVE A Six Sigma Black Belt Industrial Engineer looking for challenging continuous improvement opportunities.
EDUCATION University at Buffalo, State University of New York
M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering GPA 3.67/4.00
Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, India June 2009
B.S. in Instrumentation Control Engineering GPA 3.4/4.00
Blue Cross Blue Shield Sept’11- Present
Six Sigma Black Belt Intern
• Team Leader for the project of improving percentage of electronic submission of dental claims from
16% to 30% leading to $36000 savings.
• Worked with Cross Functional teams to document extensive process map of current Process.
• Designed Survey Questionnaire to identify potential Voice of customer (VOC) critical to quality(CTQ).
• Collected and analyzed data using tools like affinity chart, Brainstorming, chi square analysis, Kano Model, MSA, CTQ tree, Control chart, capability and Root Cause Analysis
• Performed cost analysis per claim (Paper & Electronic) to identify cost utilization & Future Savings.
Time Trax Project
• Performed Statistical Analysis of data received from the Time Trax software for each employee of the department to identify Shrinkage time and bottlenecks in the system.
Catholic Health System Aug’11-Present
Research Project Assistant
• Applied Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) approach with various statistical analysis & engineering modeling tools to understand the current medical supply purchasing system, identify bottlenecks & standardize process.
• Documented the current purchasing processes, from order placed to payment for the four facilities.
• Investigated and analyzed purchasing variances for each facility to determine their monetary impact.
• Drafted a timeline to communicate points of information about variations occurring during the life cycle of a purchased item.
• Currently working on standardizing purchasing related processes in the four facilities to reduce cost burden, lower on-hand inventory, and improve system efficiencies.
• Assisted Quality Assurance team in troubleshooting processes critical to quality.
• Performed Requirement Analysis and Identified loopholes in USE-CASE scenario for a particular module (Job module) of the website.
• Organized Brainstorming session and further documented Solution Matrix for job module.
• Conducted research to verify requirements identified in the solution matrix with the Business Requirements.
• Responsible for improving quality of the Job module by adding user based scenarios requirements.
Ghatge Patil Industries Ltd July 2009– July2010
Graduate Engineer Trainee
• Prepared Bills of Material, operation and maintenance manuals.
• Created Purchase Orders and regularly followed up with vendors.
• Conducted Measurement System Analysis (MSA) studies for Ring Machine Shop.
• Reduced Scrap in Steel Chrome Ring Production in Ring Machine using 5s & Poke Yoke techniques.
• Improved work-order management by identifying and eliminating redundant manufacturing related issues in the product development process
ACADEMIC PROJECTS GENERAL MOTORS – Tonawanda Plant (Buffalo) Aug’10-Jan’11
• Used DMAIC approach to reduce water pump bolt faults in a particular station of Ecotec 2.2 L assembly line subsequently reducing rework and labor costs .
• Applied Quality and Industrial tools as Gantt charts, FMEA, Fishbone diagram, Gauge R&R studies, capability analysis, Hypothesis testing (Paired – t Test), Pareto charts, error proofing, 2k factorial design (DOE), Transition action plan and other statistical tools to reduce the defect rates.
• Realized a cost saving of $10000 annually (Labor cost + Scrap cost) with the suggested transition action plan.
SLR Contracting & Service Company Aug’10-Jan’11
• Performed scheduling optimization to reduce delays occurring in facility modernization of Naval operational support center(NOSC).Delays overshooting by 6 weeks resulted in liquidated damage of $100,590.
• Documented Gantt charts using Primavera Suretrak software, computed network paths, performed critical paths & Cost analysis.
• Reduced liquidated damage by 10% for a real Cost savings of $10160.
Minitab, SPSS, Statistical Analysis, Arena, Log ware, C/C++, MS Office ,Windows XP/Vista/7, Basics of JAVA & HTML, Primavera Sure Trek ,MS Visio, Igrafx, Lotus Notes, Value stream mapping, QFD, Kaizen, 5S, Kanban, SMED, Poka Yoke/error proofing, SPC, FMEA, Kaizen, CAPA
• To be certified Black Belt in Six Sigma by April-2012
• Research Project Assistant in Industrial System Engineering at UB
• Worked as Event coordinator for GISA (Graduate Indian Student Association)
• Student Assistant at UB Recreation & Intramural Services
• Senior Diploma in Classical Vocal Singing.
• Won various awards in Lawn Tennis, Roller skating and athletics.
Provided upon request
Similar ResumesSix Sigma Manufacturing Engineer Supply Chain
Denver, CO - black belt, transactional, kanban, ebusiness,...MBA Bilingual Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Tampa, FL - business analyst, mining, jd, jd edwards,...Clinical Research Management Experience Data Associate
OZONE PARK, NY - sample, clinical research, clinical, sharepoint,...Engineer Experience Manufacturing Quality System
Rochester Hills, MI - process control, icp, lebanon,...Sap Hr Abap Technical Consultent
United States - abap, sap, inspector, instrumentation, painter,...Six Sigma Black Belt
Baltimore, MD - example, six sigma, sap, supply chain, black belt,...Six Sigma Black Belt, Industrial Engineer, Quality Engineer
Indianapolis, IN - tenders, air conditioning, research assistant,...Management Quality Assurance Engineer Manager
Elmira, NY - customer quality, quality assurance engineer,...Quality Assurance Manager Management Project Control
New Castle, DE - process improvement, alteration, winrunner, btech,...Electrical Power Plant Mechanical Systems Product Development
United States - quantum, indonesia, greenhouse, coal, rim, exhaust,...