(203) ***-**** . firstname.lastname@example.org
Talented Linux Administrator / Cisco admin with outstanding technical and communication skills
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 10 years of system administrator experience in Linux and UNIX environments, with hands-on expertise in networking, scripting, and systems integration.
• Excellent technical skills, with strong knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Strong communication abilities, with history of providing on-site support to wide range of clients.
• Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
• Solid background in technical support, networking, and security.
RHEL 4.x/5.x, Sun Solaris v.5-10, Cisco IOS 12.x, TRMDS/RMDS/DACS, NYSE Wombat. TCP/IP, UDP, LAN/WAN, VPN, DNS, NFS, NIS/NIS+, Cisco IOS,Cisco Call Manager, Veritas Suite, SAN, NAS, DAS, DNS, FTP/SFTP, NTP, AWK, Apache, Tomcat, SVN, perforce, Jira, Virtuozzo, VMWare Server.
West Highland Support Services, New York, NY . 12/2011 – Curr.
• RHEL 5.x server administration, tuning, security, networking, diagnostics and troubleshooting
in TRMDS/RMDS, NYSE Wombat real-time market data, low latency environments.
• Security compliance auditing.
SDGC / GE Corporate, Shelton, CT . 3/2010 - 2/2011
• Working with development teams, configuring Red Hat Linux, Solaris, Apache, Tomcat and JBOSS.
• Deploy custom web based applications for both internal and external web sites.
• Deploy custom Mobile based applications via JBOSS.
• Inspecting and improving infrastructure for FAST Search engine. Google Search appliance.
• Work with network team to configure DNS add, change, deletes / BigIP config.
• Work with hardware groups with consideration to Virtuozzo base nodes and server/container virtualization
configuration and SAN allocation.
• Participate in root-cause analysis of recurring issues to create best practices procedures.
Allegient Systems, Wilton, CT
Senior Infrastructure Engineer . 6/2007 - 2/2010
• Administer, upgrade and patch development, QA, UAT, production and demo Red Hat Linux platforms.
Previously running on Sun Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3 and Veritas FS and VM, BEA Weblogic 9 and
Apache 1.4.x, TCP and UDP (multicast) IP.
• Build out of new redundant infrastructure on IBM 3655 and 3650 servers, storage arrays and Hitachi SANs
utilizing RHEL 5.x, apache 2.x, Weblogic 10.01 and Oracle 10g RAC with NIC multi-pathing.
• Analyze and resolve diagnostic problems on Sun, Linux and Windows systems.
• Responsible for capacity planning, including allocating storage, providing hardware and software
redundancy and planning future expansion requirements.
• Participate in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup, and security setup.
• Maintain Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services.
• Assist with the configuration of a multi-tiered Cisco network with numerous VLANs.
• Write status reports, technical diagrams, and flowcharts.
UBS, New York, NY
Senior Unix/Linux Systems Support Analyst 09/2006 - 06/2007
• High level of user and outside customer interfacing, dealing with production, DR and UAT applications and
storage issues as well as training traders on in-house applications.
• Scheduling scripts in Autosys as well as cron and at jobs.
• Implemented and documented systems for high-volume production environment.
• Monitored, troubleshot, and resolved issues involving operating systems.
T&S Foods, LLC, Norwalk, CT
Senior Systems Analyst 05/2003 - 05/2006
• Design, build and install corporate LAN systems specifically designed to specifications outlined by management. Train users, design contingency/disaster-recovery plan for systems, negotiate contracts for ongoing support, tape handling, etc.
Goldman Sachs, New York, NY
Senior Solaris Trading Floor Support Analyst . 2/2000 - 10/2002
• Supervisory engineering, administration and support on Fixed Income Trading floor and supporting areas.
• Hands-on third level support involving Sun/Solaris and Windows, Market Data connectivity and front-end
application support, exchange issues.
• Team lead Legato backups and recoveries.
• Remote access problem determination, distribution of application packages to workstations.
Columbia House, New York, NY
Senior/Lead Unix Systems Engineer 10/2000 - 12/2000
GE Capital, Stamford, CT
Systems Administrator 4/2000 - 9/2000
BRIDGE/Telerate, New York, NY
Market Data Systems Integration Engineer 4/97 - 4/2000
Keywords: Linux, Unix, Administrator, Engineer, System, Server, Infrastructure, Network, Cisco, Sr., Senior, Lead, principal, Weblogic, nagios, TRMDS, RMDS, Wombat, Market Data.
Weblogic Admin, Oracle fusion Middleware Admin, System Admin
Windsor, CT - weblogic, fusion, jira, oracle, technologies, soa,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - weblogic, sun, server, linux, apache, oracle,...
Naugatuck, CT - websphere, weblogic, dump, configuration,...
United States - weblogic, sun, environment, oracle, unix, j2ee,...
Technical Support Customer
San Jose, CA - weblogic, solaris, servers, apache, sun, hp, aix,...
High School Service
India, Bengaluru, KA - weblogic, solaris, apache, cloud, linux, scripting,...
Huntersville, NC - weblogic, apache, servers, solaris, soa, web,...