Robert Smith**** ***** ***** **, *******
, LA. **
I am a highly organized safety professional that possesses demonstrated experience in project leadership and I am interested in adding immediate value to your company. My strong initiative and commitment to excellence, along with my leadership and management skills, will help to fulfill your company’s goals.
TransCanada Oil Pipeline , Madison, Kentucky 2/11-present
• Safety Meetings
• Safety Audits
• Inspecting workers daily activities
• Making sure all workers had on proper PPE on
• Monitor workers doing Hazwoper work
DRC, Baton Rouge, LA 5/10-2/11
Safety Coordinator, Division FOB Lafitte
• Created a safety site for the F.O.B. Lafitte division, along with a safety plan for DRC.
• Managed 13 safety officers, while assisting with the management of 1057+ employees, 565 boats, 21 task forces and six strike teams.
Turner Industrial, Baton Rouge, LA 6/06-3/10
• Maintained safety standards were followed while on the construction sites.
• Overseer of the safety of the building, including a boiler that worked with cooling towers.
• Organized safety meetings to guarantee the safety of all employees in the field.
• Ensured that the employees were using the proper equipment in a safe manner.
• Conducted orientation and safety seminars for new employees.
• Completed JSAS and TSAS with the employees.
Baton Rouge Fire Dept, Baton Rouge, LA 8/93-1/06
• Inspect buildings for fire hazards.
• Extinguish structural fires.
• Evacuate buildings and perform emergency medical/first aid techniques.
• Maintain and clean equipment.
• Operate fire vehicles.
• Attend fire drill, prevention, and fighting and safety training.
Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA 1991-1994
Associate’s Degree, Business Administration
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA Feb. 1994 - Jun. 1994
Firefighter 1 and 2 Certifications/Emergency Responder
Baton Rouge Community College, Baton Rouge, LA 2005 – 2006
Certified Safety Technician
Certified Safety Supervisor
• CSPC Construction Safety Professional
• Safety and Health Committee Member
• Occupation Safety and Health Trainer
• Occupation Safety and Health Supervisor
• Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification
• Construction Site Safety Technician
• Construction Site Safety Supervisor
• Field Safety
• Safety Technology
• OSHA 500
• 56 HR Hazwoper
• Root Cause Analysis
• Safety and Health Committee Leader
• Occupation Safety and Health Manager
• Occupation Safety and Health Specialist
• Occupation Safety and Health Professional
ADDITIONAL SAFETY COURSEWORK COMPLETED:
• Basic Safety
• Introduction to Hand Tools
• Introduction to Power Tools
• Introduction to Blue Prints
• Basic Rigging
• Basic Communication Skills
• Basic Employability Skills
• Electrical Safety
• Hazard Communication
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Work zone Safety
• Electrical and high-age Hazard
• Hand and Power-Tool Safety
• Welding Safety
• Fall Protection
• Fire Protection and Prevention
• Steel Erection
• Ladder and Scaffolding
• Heavy-equipment, Crane & Rigging Safety
• Forklift Safety
• Trenching Safety
• Energy Control Program: Lockout/Tagout
• Concrete and Masonry
• Risk Analysis & Assessment
• Hazard Recognition, Evacuation & Control
• Inspections, Audit & Observations
• Site-specific ES+H Plans
• ES+H Data Tracking & Trending
• Emergency Action Plans
• JSAS & TSAS
• Accident Investigation: Policies & Procedures
• OSHA Record Keeping
• OSHA Inspections & Procedures
• Hazard Communication Program
• Developing OSHA Training
• Preventing Workplace Violence
• Fleet Safety Management
• Fire Prevention Plans
• Safety Management System Evaluation
• Introduction to Ergonmics
• Safety Supervision and Leadership
• Blood Borne Pathogens
• Affective Safety Committee Meetings
• Job Hazards Analysis
• Effective Accident Investigation
• Confine Safe Entry Programs
• Emergency Action Plan
Available upon request