VIMAL ENGINEER*****, * ******* ****, ***
8 Mobile Phone: (281) *** ****
Sugar Land, TX, 77498, U.S.A. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASONED MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Mechanical Chartered Engineer with 15 years of experience in Mechanical Design, including 10 years in oil & gas field separation equipment, seeking a mid-career position with solid company.
Directed teams and executed demanding schedules while producing a creative, high quality, cost effective, and durable equipment/system
Developed and improved more than fifty projects of product, equipment, system, and tooling designs
Awarded four appreciation certificates from general manager and director
Experienced working in AutoCAD, Solid Works, Microsoft Word / Excel, SAP, etc.
Result-oriented and self-driven engineer with expertise in design, procurement, and manufacturing
A team player who works well at all levels of the business structure
Proficient in specialty equipment design, rotating equipment, equipment selection, pressure vessel, problem solving, and report writing
Worked under pressure in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
Demonstrated superior mechanical engineering skills in design, manufacturing, selection, and procurement of numerous specialty systems projects related to oil and gas and HDD Industries
Ensured quality production through a number of inspections and checks including pre-fabrication dimensions, pre-assembly and final equipment for overall quality and fit to job order
Worked with ANSI, NACE, ASME, ASTM, AWS, OSHA etc. standard
KEM-TRON Technologies, Inc. Stafford, TX. March 2008 to Present
Design & Development of Separation Equipment / Mud Recycle units / Solid Control Equipment like … Centrifuges / Decanters, Centrifugal Pumps, Shale Shakers, Hydro cyclones, Degassers, Dewatering unit which are used for Oil & Gas, Directional Drilling, and Mining Industries as per the Market requirement.
• Designed custom projects, interfacing with clients regarding Design Specification issues, and supporting engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and aftermarket services
• Performed a variety of highly technical tasks and project management duties to ensure products and processes met required specifications and contract requirements
• Innovated corrugated FRP plate resulting in a patent for Degasser
• Created back drive arrangement for centrifuge allowing it to run at a variety of differential speeds for better wide applications
• Developed unique 40’ long skid-mounted mud testing / mixing unit for specific demand
• Conducted customer order / contract review, and weekly management meetings
• Approved inspection standards and resolved NCR
• Prepared and approved BOM, Design and Drawings of Custom Design Equipment / Systems
• Approved and managed all aspects of writing purchase specifications that included review of clients’ Material Specifications, Drawings, Job Estimates, Project Cost and Schedule
• Improved Shaker Screen and Gasket design and manufacturing process for high performance longer screen life.
• Increased safety standard in equipment by improving designs of guards, hand rails, safety signs, etc.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE CONTINUED …..
KEM-TRON Technologies Private Limited, Vadodara, Gujarat, India. Jan. 2001 to March 2008
Design and Development Engineer
• Designed and developed 250, 178, 118 series centrifugal pumps and centrifuge by Reverse Engineering
• Managed a design team of KEM-TRON Technologies: India
• Prepared and approved BOM – part List for equipment assembly / whole project
• Estimated and planned equipment/project cost and completion
• Located and developed vendors for new product development
• Reviewed and approved vendor's documents, drawings, and offers
• Managed outsourcing of components, material, and services for manufacturing activities
• Visited onshore/offshore drilling rigs/sites to study, analyze, and suggest suitable equipment/ system at Abu Dhabi, August 2007
MIPCO, Bharuch, Gujarat, India. Aug. 1997 to Jan. 2001
• Scrutinized various clients’ marketing inquiries from a technical perspective to facilitate the study of manufacturing feasibility for custom-made, forged rings
• Prepared and approved tooling design/drawings of hot forging press tool
• Developed design calculation programs in Excel and in ‘C’ language
• Received Certificate of Appreciation letters from MIPCO general manager for developing innovative tooling for new size/shape rings/auto parts
• Modified tooling of press tool resulting in a 65% increase in tool life and a 5% material savings per ring
• Suggested material handling system by which material transportation time saved and there was final cost reduction of 3% per ring
Worked as Graduate Trainee / Jr. Design Engineer in similar two Engineering companies Nov. 1995 to July 1997
• Prepared General Arrangement Drawings for Client’s approval.
• Developed programs in Auto lisp for creation of Drawings of standard Box components.
• Developed design calculation programs of ratings, stresses, safety factors, etc. as per DIN, AGMA, BS, IS Standards in ‘C’ language.
WORK STATUS: Green Card (permanent resident of USA)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Bachelor of Engineering (BSME) Sardar Patel University, India Oct. 1995
CE - Chartered Engineer Indian Institution of Engineers Feb. 2003
Solid Works, Progressive Technologies, Houston, TX June 2008
Pro/E, Sofin Cad, Vadodara, India May 2004
Inventor / Mechanical Desktop / AutoCAD, Roshni Computer, India (ATC of Autodesk) April 2001
Six Sigma White Belt, www.TheSixSigmaWay.com Aug. 2010
I am pursuing trainings of ANSYS Mechanical, MATLAB, Lean Six Sigma.