Certified Welding Inspector / Certified Welding Educator/ASNT Level II
Free job posting
|RODNEY KINLAW *** Archwood Street Gaston, SC *****
Cell # 803-***-****
Certified Welding Inspector / Certified Welding Educator
I ‘am currently now an AWS CWI/CWE, ASNT ACCP Level II VT, ASNT SNT-TC-1A (2006 Edition), ANSI/ASNT CP-189-2006, and NAS 410. Qualified in Magnetic Particle Testing Level II,Liquid Penetrant Testing Level II.NCCER Welding Instructor.I’am persuing Level III status in several different NDE methods. Since 2004 I have been a AWS Crtified Welding Inspector,and Welding Educator .
Summary of Experience:
Extensive background in welding industry for the last 22 years in Nuclear power, Fossil power and petrochemical plants, pharmaceutical, gas turbines, pulp & paper, automotive industries, continue education. I have 15 years in the Nuclear Industry.
• Excellent knowledge of welding processes including SMAW, GTAW,GMAW,FCAW, PAC, Oxygen, and Acetylene cutting.
• Experience with automatic remote GTAW ,FCAW Gold track II welding and eighty one heads.
• Experience in structural steel and pipe fabrication.
• Ability to interpret codes and manufacturing standards,ANSI, API 1104, B31.1,B31.3, AWS D1.1,ASME Section I thru XI
• Excellent knowledge of ASME P –numbers, and AWS welding filler material specifications.
• Hands-on experience with Micrometers, Dial Calipers, Optical Comparator, Machinist Scales, Fillet Weld Gauge.
• Vast knowledge of Welding Iso Drawings, Weld & Welding Symbols, Welding Procedures Specifications, Performance Qualifications Records, Welder Performance Qualifications, NDE Methods, PT, MT,VT,RT, and UT.
• Excellent knowledge of materials such as Carbon Steels, Chrome-Molly Steels, Stainless Steels.
• Excellent knowledge of Nuclear Regulations 10 CFR Part 50 Appendix B NQA-1, ANSI N45.2 Inspection Standards Implementation, Verification, Root Cause Analysis, and lessons learned. Interfacing personally with ANII on reviews of documentations of work packages.
• Personally review and approved most of the contractors welding programs and procedures.
• Overseeing the qualification of welder has and completes welder qualification records, issue welder stamps.Maintaining welder continuity log.Providing field direction and surveillance for welding, mechanical, and inspections, activities etc.
• Verify all welding filler materials specs, heat numbers to job materials
• Monitoring preheat, and post weld heat treatment programs
• Serve as the primary contact for the site regarding any welding activities performed at the site
• Review and approve welding processes and joint designs proposed by applicable parties.
• Originate and review weld process control.
• Determine the welding procedure specification to be used for each weld or grouping of welds
• Determine if new welding procedures need development or revisions to existing procedures are needed.
• Determine if additional training or skill development is needed in order to perform the weld specified with input from work execution group (including mockups, additional practice, etc.)
• Develop contingency plans for critical welds with input from the work execution team.
• Develop and communicate weld repair plans for welds that were rejected by volumetric NDE with input from the work execution team.
• Serve as facilitator of the Site Welding Team meetings and track action items through closure.
• Monitor and communicate weld quality issues to the groups performing welding activities.
• Develop, conduct, and monitor weld mock-up plans with input from the team executing the welding activity.
• “Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improve welding techniques to monitor welder’s skill level
03/09-04/09 WACHS Technical Services: Florida Power Light/Foster & Wheeler
Manatee Power Plant Boiler Outage
QA/QC Supervisor: I served as QA/QC Supervisor over the welding activities of the replacement of 1365 Outlet Reheat tubes resulting in to be 2730 welds to be made.I’am responsible for welding procedures, weld data sheets, welding traveler’s, testing welder’s in accordance to Section IX welding code ASME, filler material control, consulting with clients on welding issues, interacting with NDE technicians on testing welds in accordance with codes and specifications. Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improves welding techniques to monitor welder’s skill level. Welding process used were GTAW Manual welding followed up with Automatic Orbital Welding process GTAW using “Arc Machines Inc.” 81 head. Dissimilar materials used were 2 & ¼ Chrome and 347 Stainless steel. Document and calculated Welder’s reject rates.NDE used was UT Phased Array “Shear Wave.
01/09-03/09: WACHS Technical Services. Navajo Generating Station Page, Arizona. Salt River Project. Replaced Final Superheat Outlet Tubes in planned Outage work.
QA/QC Supervisor: I served as QA/QC Supervisor over the welding activities of the replacement of 1,312 Terminal Tubes. This resulted into 2,624 welds to be made. Dissimilar materials used were 2 & ¼ Chrome and 347 Stainless steel. The company Wachs welded the root passes in with manual GTAW welding processes, and completed the welds with automatic welding process, GTAW using “Arc Machines Inc” Automatic Orbital 81 Head. Testing welder’s in accordance to Section IX welding code ASME. Maintaining WPS’s, PQR’s, and WPQ’s. Developing weld maps of Super heater to establish “weld travelers” for every weld and providing the necessary field surveillance to assure compliance to specification and codes. Supervised NDE contractors of welding activites.The following NDE used were PT, MT, and RT.
10/08-11/08: WACHS Technical Services. BP-Texas City Refinery South Houston Green Power, LP Duke Energy Generation Services Cogenerations Facility 745 Megawatts.
QA/QC Supervisor: I served as a QA/QC Supervisor over welding activities on 24” Heavy wall piping P91 material at clients BP/Duke Energy Outage. Testing welder’s in accordance to Section IX welding code ASME. This includes developing and issuing weld process control “weld travelers” developing weld maps and providing the necessary field surveillance to assure compliance to specification and codes. Supervised activities Welding, Post weld, X-raying of Heavy wall piping was 1.812 thicknesses and welding process used were manual GTAW and SMAW welding process. Oversight of following contractors WACHS Technical Services, Analytic Stress, and IRIS NDT.
4/08-10/08: Allied Technical Resources Inc. Contract for Duke Energy Catawba Nuclear Station “Major Projects”.
Welding Coordinator: Performing all welding task under the Duke Energy Corporate Welding and QA Programs. The Service Water Project involves the inspection, evaluation, and repair/replacement/modification of major portion of the station’s raw water piping systems.I’am responsible for the projects’ compliance with all technical aspects of the welding program. This includes developing and issuing welding process control, and providing the necessary field surveillance to assure compliance. Calculating weld size for piping, and structural components, developing weld process control “Weld Tickets” establishing witness hold points, and verification points for QC, ANII, and Weld Tech Support sign-off. Performing initial and in-process inspections on all welding activites.Establishing inspection plans, test plans, mock-ups, testing welder’s, assigning witness hold points, verification points. Conducting inspection surveillance of ongoing construction activities. Mocking –up welders on Heavy Wall Piping using Narrow Grove welding application. Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improve welding techniques to monitor welder’s skill level.
Oversight of vendor’s, contractor-welding programs, and work activities i.e. The Atlantic Group, Welding Services Inc, AREVA NP, WACHS Technical Services, Patriot Tooling, and Carolina Energy Solutions. Investigate PIP’s welding issues to get to root cause of any that arise. Applicably codes ASME B&PVC Section II, III, V, VIII, IX, XI, B31.1, B31.7, B31.3, and AWS D1.1. Implementing NDG Welding Program, Duke ASME Section IX Welding Manual, Welding of QA and Non QA Piping, Valves, and Components.
2007-2008 Mancor Carolina Inc. Camden, SC
Welding Engineer: Developing welding procedures for plant operation in the welding department for manual and robotic welding processes. Reviewing welding procedures, welder’s qualifications, design drawings .Welding procedures developed in compliance with AWS D1.1 2006, AWS D14.3 2005, B2.1 2005 Specification for Welding Procedure and Performance Qualification, AWS 3.0 Standard Welding Symbols, and clients engineering specifications. Analyzing and evaluating welds with Micro-etching and destructive testing. Providing training classes on subjects: Welding Processes, defects, discontinues, reading weld symbols. Testing new welder's to D1.1 2006 Structural Steel Welding Code. Launch and lead new projects. Performing initial and in-process inspections on all welding activites.Establishing inspection plans, test plans, mock-ups, testing welder’s, assigning witness hold points, verification points. Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improves welding techniques to monitor welder’s skill level.
Conducting inspection surveillance of ongoing construction activities. Schedule maintience and procurement of all welding equipment.
2007-2007 The Shaw Group Aiken, SC Savannah River Site “MOX FUEL PROJECT
QA Specialist: Quality Control performing Inspections and audits for the Mox Fuel Project at the Department of Energy Savannah River Site. Working in compliance to NQA-1 conditions for construction of a Nuclear Facilite.Reviewing Subcontractors Bid Proposals to award contracts. Implementing Nonconformance Reports, Inspection Plans, Engineering Correction Reports, Dispositions, and Procurement Reports on MTR's.
2007-2007 Hunt, Gullet & Associates, L.L.C. Engineering Firm: Eastover, SC
QA/QC Welding Inspector/Coordinator: SCE&G Power Plant Eastover, SC. 966 Megawatts Fossil Plant.
Boiler Repair performing welding Inspections and audits for HGA, Engineer firm. Working in Compliance to AWS D.1.1 and ASME B&PVC .Verifying contractors WPS'S PQRs WPQs and MTR’s and that welding is in compliance to codes and Specifications. Witnessing welders test to ASME SECTION IX. Oversight and Management of subcontractors on site and fabricator’s. Detailing weld mapping. Generating daily reports of welding activities to clients The Sefa Group and HGA.
2006-2006 Carolina Energy Solutions
Duke Energy Catawba Nuclear Station York, SC
Welding Coordinator: Major Projects
Working with Duke Power and Atlantic Group on RN Piping and ECCS Sump Modification System: Oversight of subcontractors on site and fabshob fabricators. Detailing weld mapping. Visually inspecting welding and generating Daily Reports to Project Manager. Performing initial and in-process inspections on all welding activites.Establishing inspection plans, test plans, mock-ups, testing welder’s, assigning witness hold points, verification points. Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improves welding techniques to monitor welder’s skill level.
Conducting inspection surveillance of ongoing construction activities.
2006 - 2006 Welding Enterprise Energy Services:
V.C. Summer Nuclear Station Jenkinsville, SC
Working with SCE&G, the Atlantic Group on "Sump" Modification RHR, and Spray Filters. To meet Plant up grades per NRC to change Filtration System. Oversight and Management of subcontractors on site and fabshob assemblers. Drawing and Detailing weld mapping. Visually inspecting welding and generating Daily Reports to Project Manager. Performing initial and in-process inspections on all welding activites.Establishing inspection plans, test plans, mock-ups, testing welder’s, assigning witness hold points, verification points. Conducting inspection surveillance of ongoing construction activities.
2005 - 2006 SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS: Columbia, SC
Department Head Welding Instructor:
Columbia, SC Daily teaching duties include classroom lectures in theory of welding processes, Welding equipment, Inspection of students welds, specifications and standards, Lab exercises, lesson planning and classroom and shop management, procurement In addition, report inventory and ordering supplies for curriculum activities. Welding Technology Curriculum consist: Shop and on the job Safety, Reading Blue Prints and Welding Symbols, Welding Processes, GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, PAC, and OFC. Basic principles of Metallurgy, Metal properties, NDE and Destructive testing. Plate and Pipe welding use SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW.
2005 -2006 PPI TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: Client-Carbis, Inc. Florence, S.C.
Contract Inspections-QA/QC Inspector:
Third party Inspections on clients fabricated sub-assembly at vendor’s fabrication facility. Documentation daily reports of welding activities and review specifications, drawings welding procedures, material test records.NDE Test Records, Dimensional Verification’s, and functional testing. Performing initial and in-process inspections on all welding activites.Establishing inspection plans, test plans, mock-ups, testing
Welders, assigning witness hold points, verification points. Conducting inspection surveillance of ongoing construction activities.
2001 - 2004 THE ATLANTIC GROUP/ DUKE ENERGY CATAWBA NUCLEAR STATION:
Maintenance Nuclear Welder II
Inspecting welds to sites NGD welding program. Implementation of welding codes. Training welders for limited access position welds to prevent long exposure to radiation. Weld Test booth Instructor” that helps improve welding techniques to monitor welder skill level
Applicable welding documentation ASME B&PVC, WPS, PQR, WPQ, and Weld Process Control MWP’s.
2000 - 2001 WELDING ENTERPRISE INC/PCI STEAM GENERATOR REPLACEMENT SHARON HARRIS NUCLEAR PLANT CP&L: Automatic welder using remote video welding with Gold Track II and 52 weld head to make nozzle welds on steamgenarators.
2000-2000 The Atlantic Group /Duke Power Catawba Nuclear Station Contractor-Maintenance Nuclear Welder York, S.C. In house inspections and welding documentation, implementation of welding codes In addition, standards to ASME Section IX, training welder is for critical welding to Limit exposure to radiation, working with WPS, PQR’s, WPQ and Weld data sheets.
2000-2000 Fluor Daniel V.C.Summer Nuclear Station Contractor-Nuclear Welder Jenkinsville, SC Welding in accordance to ASME Section IX, AWS D1.1, B31.1, and site Specifications. Fabrication of sub-assembly's on plate and pipe.
1999-1999 Encompass Welding and Machining Services Rock hill, S.C. Company has specialized in welding on heavy wall Applications and boiler tubes. Welded manual and automatic applications.
1999-1999 The Atlantic Group /Carolina Power & Light H.B. Robinson Hartsville, S.C.
Welding in accordance to ASME Section IX, B31.1, and AWS Sub-assembly on plate and pipe.
1998-1998 Flour Daniel V.C.Summer Nuclear Station Jenksville, S.C. Welding in accordance to ASME Section IX, B31.1, AWS D1.1 and site specifications. Fabrication of Sub-assembly on plate and pipe.
Computer Skills: Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Outlook, Duke Power “DWIS”, Nedel, and Portal J network. Welding Program and CAD Drawing for PQR’s, WPS’s, and WPQ’s.
Education: Dreher High School 701 Adger Road Columbia, SC GED
The American Welding Society: Certified Welding Inspector #08060221
Certified Welding Educator #0601002E.
American Society of Nondestructive Testing:
ASNT Central Certification Program (ACCP) Level II VT #149729
Plumstead Qualification and Training Services
ASNT SNT-TC-1A (2006), ANSI/ASNT CP-189-2006 and NAS 410
Liquid Penetrant Testing Level I & II Magnetic Particle Testing Level I & II
National Center for Construction Education and Research/Maintenance Construction Technology Alliance (MCTA).
Certified NCCER/ITCP Certify Welding Instructor.NCCER Certify Core Curricula Instructor. South Carolina State Department of Education: Certify “Welding Instructor” Masters Certificate “BK Welding.”
Similar ResumesQuality Engineer /Manager
- maintenance worker, aberdeen, highways, embedded,...Bioanalytical
- various, accent, new haven, bioanalytical, wise,...NURSE-LPN
- cvp, midwife, mechanism, assistive,...orthopaedic spine surgeon
India, srinagar, JK
- fenestration, mbbs, jk, orthopaedic, ophthalmic,...Artist, cartoonist, muralist, illustrations, model making , claymation
- counsellor, actors, echo, artist, lady,...Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- 1057, tomography, vertex, technologist,...Welding Engineer
- certified welding, cwi, welding engineer, wps, ndt,...Revenue Accountant
- sfdc, j1, fs, biz, v8, salesforce, amex, hyperion,...Mrs. Nanette A. Burt
- vtc, foremen, threat, registrar, childcare,...instructor military
- genrad, translators, mss, riyadh, repairman,...