QA/QC Welding Inspector; QA/QC Manager
|Christopher L. Kennedy
**** ****** **.
Hitchcock, Texas 77563
To obtain a lead role in the field of Mechanical Inspection as an API 510, 570, 653 and/or CWI Inspector, which will allow me the opportunity to join a thriving team of professionals striving to satisfy the needs of our clients, as well as, utilize my current skills to further my professional career.
API-510 API-570 API-653 AWS/CWI
# 24087 # 22776 # 32466 # 01100401
Moody International/Petrospect January ’11 to Present
Ohmstede Exchangers/British Petroleum Texas City, Texas Cat Feed Hydrotreater T/A
• Lead QA/API-510 inspector for exchanger repairs.
• Perform Visual internal/external inspection of exchanger components, and ensure necessary repairs are performed and accepted in accordance with API 510 inspection code.
• Ensure all NDE and Documentation is complete and accepted prior to components returning to plant.
• Provide client with detailed inspection reports on each component as needed for equipment file.
TechCorr Inspection Services Oct. ’10 to January ‘11
Marathon Oil Texas City, Texas
• Lead Inspector
• Perform Visual Inspection of Piping, Pressure Vessels, and Storage Tanks as needed per designated API inspection intervals and guidelines.
• Coordinate NDE and excavation of underground piping throughout plant.
• Perform 570 inspection of soil to air interface piping to ensure code compliance and coordinate maintenance repairs as needed.
• Provide plant support for NDE call out as needed.
CTS Inspection Sept. ’10 to Oct’10
Crane Valve/Exxon Baytown HF4 T/A
• Monitor the tear down, repair, and re-assembly of 18” gate valves.
• Provide inspection support to client as needed to ensure a successful completion to T/A.
• Verify materials through mill test reports and/or PMI examination.
• Perform visual weld inspection and dimensional verification to completed repairs.
• Witness all NDE, Hydros, and other applicable examinations.
• Provide detailed inspection reports to client throughout each stage of repair.
S&B Engineers & Constructors Dec. ’05 to July ‘10
Senior Source Inspector/ Quality Assurance Coordinator
• Vast working knowledge of ASME, API, and other applicable standards and codes as necessary to verify code compliance.
• In process visual inspection, as well as, dimensional verification of ASME code vessels, piping systems, and various structural components.
• Verification of applicable documentation and customer compliance.
• WPS/PQR review and approval for code and customer specification requirements.
• Verify Welder Qualifications and witness mechanical testing as needed.
• Interaction with project management assisting with delivery goals.
American Inspection Services Jan. ’05 to Dec. ‘05
• 510/570 Mechanical Integrity/Turnaround Inspections of Columns, Drums, and applicable piping systems.
• CWI welding inspection tasks performed daily.
• Internal/External Inspections as needed.
Turner Industrial Technical Aug. `04 to Jan ‘05
Air Liquide/ LaPorte, TX.
• Implementation of Inspection program for Piping and Fixed Equipment.
• Perform external visual inspection of piping systems, as well as, fixed equipment.
Pro-Inspect Inspection Services May `04 to July `04
Oxy-Vinyls PVC Plant/ Pasadena, TX
• Lead API inspector for C.U.I. piping project.
• Coordinate and prioritize piping inspections based on 570 methodology.
Pro-Inspect Inspection Services Mar. '04 to May `04
Frontier Refining/ El Dorado, KS. - HF Alky T/A
• 510 Internal/External inspection of Columns, Drums, and Exchangers.
• CWI weld inspection on equipment/piping repairs.
American Inspection Services Feb. '04 to Mar.'04
Chevron Refinery/ Pascagoula SRU T/A
• 510 Internal/External inspection of various fixed equipment.
Pro-Inspect July’03 to Feb. '04
Oxy Vinyl-Battleground Plant/LaPorte, TX.
• Lead Inspector
• 510/570 Inspection
• Equipment Inspector during Outages
Petrochem Insp. Services Mar’03 to May’03
Equistar Channelview, TX. - Olefins T/A
• QA/CWI/API inspections on heat exchangers, furnaces, pressure vessels, and piping.
• Recommend repairs per API/client specifications.
• Verify the completeness of repairs as needed to ensure compliance.
• Visual weld inspection performed on all repairs throughout duration of turnaround.
Petrochem Inspection Services Jan ’03 to Mar’03
Sunoco Refinery/ Marcus Hook, PA. - Reformer T/A
• QA/QC, CWI, API,
Pro-Inspect May’02 to Dec’02
Lyondell-Citgo Refinery/Pasadena, TX.
• OSI-Small Bore Project
• Mechanical Integrity Program
• Working as 570, Assigning NDE at designated locations where deemed necessary based on existing data. Review all radiographs to determine acceptability based on existing corrosion rates and calculated retirement thicknesses. Submit necessary recommendations as needed.
Remington Support Services Jan’02 to May’02
Exxon/Mobil Refinery/Baytown, TX.
• API-570 Visual Inspector of all off-site piping.
• Write reports and submit recommendations where applicable.
PetroSpect Inspection Services, LTD. Oct’00 to Jan’02
Lyondell Chemical/Channelview, TX.
• Level II UT, MT, PT, VT
• API 570 responsibilities i.e. visual inspection/ report writing.
Plumlee Associates Inc May’00 to Oct’00
Lyondell-Citgo Refinery/Thickness Inspection Project
• Field Coordinator.
• Piping walkdown, supervise removal of insulation for thickness monitoring.
• Provide equipment for approximately 60 employees on project.
Shop Fabrication Experience May ’88 to May ‘00
• Twelve years of various fabrication experience with pressure vessels, piping, structural, and on-board ship repair during service in the United States Navy.
• Pasadena High School (Class of 1992)
• U.S. Navy, Honorable Discharge, Sept. ‘94
• San Jacinto College 44 college hours in NDE Jan. ’00 to Dec. ‘02
Professional references available upon request!
Similar ResumesJourneyman Electrician
Bellevue, NE - journeyman, electrician, electrical,...Timberline Accountant
Coral Springs, FL - bookkeeper, administrator, accountant, landscape,...QA/QC Welding Inspector; QA/QC Manager
Houston, TX - inspector, mechanic, qc, drilling, offshore,...Manager Sales Customer Service Marketing Management
Waco, TX - accounts manager, waco, repossession, car sales,...Mechanical Design Engineer
Houston, TX - nastran, fea, excavator, reciprocating,...Qa/qc manager
India, CHENNAI, TN - qc, chennai, qa, qa qc, welding, engg, refinery,...machine operator
columbus, GA - 2yrs, pci, battery, machine operator, operator,...Maintenance electrician
Canada, Saskatoon, SK - electrician, maintenance,...Loss Prevention Manager
Berlin, NJ - sample, inspector, loss prevention, combat, casino,...Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX - solidworks designer, wellhead, 5y, subsea,...