ALAN WILLIAMS(530) ***-****
Develop OSHA policy and procedure guidelines guaranteeing they are strictly adhered to.
An active participant during all OSHA inspections, investigations and interviews.
Represent the company at all hearings and conferences and work closely with council at all court procedures.
Directly participate in all OSHA compliance matters.
Provide support and consultation for other regulatory agencies as needed.
(i.e. EPA, DOT, CHP, HAZ-MAT)
Develop and conduct training programs for superintendents, foreman and all working crew personnel.
Provide ongoing training and training resources, as needed to ensure compliance with State, Federal and contractor requirements.
Maintain records for all training conducted.
Incentive / Recognition Programs
Work with management to administrate recognition program.
Develop performance-motivated Safety Incentive Program, involving employee participation in profit sharing tied to Self-Insured Worker’s Compensation and actual performance.
Utilize safety committee to incorporate rank and file participation.
Safety Meetings (Supervisors)
Conduct monthly or quarterly safety meetings with all supervisory personnel.
Provide outline and material for training and discussion.
Safety Meetings (Rank and File)
Track safety meetings conducted by supervisors to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
Provide topics and support as needed.
Conduct periodic tailgate meetings onsite with personnel.
Safety Committee (Management and Employees)
Establish safety committee as a vehicle to enhance active participation regarding safety.
Oversee activities during the monthly or quarterly meetings.
Prepare newsletters with training topics and current accident prevention techniques
Manage fleet safety to include driver training recognition and disciplinary programs.
Pull notice program for all drivers and ensure compliance with DOT for all commercial drivers.
Conduct periodic inspections of the fleet and make necessary recommendations to department managers.
Jobsite Inspections and Audits
Conduct regular and periodic worksite and facility inspections.
Record results of inspections and provide recommendations and consultations for deficiencies.
Work directly with the customer and their safety representative to ensure an open line of communication regarding safety issues.
Accident / Claim Reporting
• Workers’ compensation, Auto Liability and General Liability.
• Ensure the proper and prompt reporting of claims.
• Disburse reports and correspondence according to company policy. Make all necessary calls.
• Keep and maintain all claim files at the office.
• Maintain 300 logs for all locations, including First Aid Log. (Including the tracking of the claim to its conclusion)
• Set up clinics for the job sites and post their locations.
Accident / Claim Investigation
• Investigate all accidents.
• Provide detailed reports to management and third party interests.
Ongoing Claim Management
• Maintain close contact with all insurance companies to provide pertinent information and conduct regular claim and file reviews.
• Report all updates and concerns to management.
Medical Clinics for Workman’s Compensation
• Maintain close working relationship with clinics to monitor provider’s treatment and cost.
Recruiting and hiring process.
Employee development and relations.
Policy development and enforcement
Knowledgeable in Labor Law, FMLA, ADA
Grace Construction Company, Inc. July 2009 – Present
Director of Risk Management & Employee Relations
Rex Moore Electrical Contractors & Engineers June 2008 – July 2009
Regional Risk & Safety Manager
Muse Concrete Construction April 2005 – June 2008
Safety & Risk Manager
New Con Concrete Construction, Inc. April 2002 - March 2005
Safety & Risk Manager
Sunbelt Scaffold and Heavy Equipment Rental July 1997 – April 2002
Western Regional Safety / Loss Control Manager
• Directed, supervised and supported 20+ branch safety coordinators at Western United States Operations’ 35 locations.
• Handled the administrative management of self-insured workers’ compensation program.
Conco Cement Company and affiliated subsidiaries: 1987 - June 1997
Alamillo Steel, Reliable Trucking, Conco Pumping
Health and Safety Officer / Loss Control Manager
• Completed Safety Program design, development and implementation.
• Implemented, updated, and monitored adherence to established company safety policies and fleet safety programs.
In Depth Knowledge of:
State and Federal Construction Safety orders
State and Federal General Industry and Electrical Safety orders
State and Federal Environmental Compliance
Industrial safety and accident prevention principles and practice
California Workers’ Compensation Law
California Vehicle Code, state and local traffic laws
Department of Transportation Compliance
Training methods for adult instruction
Red Cross First Aid and CPR courses
Principles and practices of industrial health
Hazardous material management
Controlled substance abuse testing
Association of General Contractors (AGC)
American Concrete Contractors Association
National Safety Council (NSC)
American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) (Since 1986)
California Trucking Association (CTA)
American Society of Safety Engineers – Construction Division
Scaffold Industry Association (SIA)
Safety Center Incorporated
American Society Safety Engineers (Safety Management)
OSHA 10 Hour (For construction)
OSHA 30 Hour (For construction)
40-Hour Hazardous Material and Site Investigations
Substance Abuse Testing – Random and Post-Accident
California Vehicle Code Title 13
Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR
Currently working on Construction Safety and Health Technician (CHST) Designation by Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Currently working on Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) certification