Ryan Teran*** ******* *** *****, ***
Jose, Ca **
• Bilingual in Spanish with strong customer service, communications, writing, editing, research and analytical skills.
• Extensive experience working independently as a team leader or collaboratively as a team member.
• Adept at fostering client relationships, meeting client needs, and operating within client budgets.
• Self-starter, problem solver, detail-oriented, adaptable, and versatile.
• Past positions included understanding project specifications, defining test conditions, developing accurate and complete test plans, conducting tests according to plan, and identifying problems while suggesting solutions.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Windows XP, and the internet.
Cisco Systems, Inc
Data Analyst/Auditor/Team Lead September 2009 – Present
• Researched and classified client org charts, linking subsidiaries to their appropriate parent companies in order to assure data accuracy in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
• Updated the Customer Registry Database (ODM), which helped various divisions within Cisco negotiate product prices and discounts for clients, which fostered better relationships and more business for Cisco.
• Took on several managerial tasks
o Auditing employee work for accuracy after a record 2 months of employment utilizing the Cisco auditing tool
o Leading a team of 2 members by: analyzing work load, distributing assignments, making sure all work was completed and resolving all issues fairly and efficiently.
• Utilized the BMC Remedy tool adeptly to open and resolve cases for Cisco employees by addressing each case, verifying if the request followed Business Intelligence Data Services (BIDS) Customer Registry (CR) business rules, and deciding the best course of action.
• Defined goals and requirements as well as implemented continuous improvement methods.
• Met and exceeded performance goals daily, then proceeded to assist co-workers with their workload.
• Trained in several Cisco application tools:
o ODM: Cisco Customer Registry Database.
o Vertical Markets Tool: Researching and classifying the main product or service of each client
o Alliance Tool: Opening cases with DnB to correct any linkage errors in ODM.
o Audit Tool: Quality Assurance tool for assuring data accuracy.
o BMC Remedy Tool: Tool for opening up cases at Cisco.
• Successfully juggled multiple projects simultaneously which lead to an outstanding 3 month review.
• Selected as one of four contractors out of the thirty previously employed chosen to stay on at Cisco based on performance after the group was outsourced.
Spire Systems, Inc
Account Manager June 2008 – November 2008
• Gained experience selling Business-to-Business software staffing services. Worked with several multi-level IT managers such as Development Managers, Project Managers, and Directors.
• Utilized cold-calling on a daily basis to gain new clients and boost sales. Met and exceeded goals of twenty calls an hour.
• Organized and ran meetings to give sales presentations to clients as well as developed long-term relationships with them.
• Trained in software engineering technology. Familiar with aspects of Operating Systems, Web Development, Databases, Data Warehouses, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Interviewed ten candidates on a daily basis in order to find the most qualified candidates for each client project opening.
• Demonstrated progress to management through weekly meetings and Excel spreadsheet progress reports.
Education and Professional Development
Saint Mary’s College, Moraga, CA May 2008
• Bachelor of Science in the School of Business and Economics with a concentration in International Business,
Certified Tax Preparer December 2009, 2010
• Fluent in both spoken and written Spanish
• Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook
• Cisco Tools: ODM, Audit Tool, Vertical Markets Tool
• Business and Accounting Latino Association - Fundraising Director
o Led successful fundraisers totaling over $5,000 for students attending the NHBA career seminar in Chicago.
o Negotiated fundraiser details with business owners in Spanish and English.
o Planned and organized events while leading teams of 20+ members.
• Volunteer Work for Underserved Communities such as Sacred Heart Community Service and the YMCA.