MATTHEW J. MORRIS***** **** ****** ****
; PARRISH, FL 34219(941)***-****
I am an experienced Project and Client Services Manager seeking to further my career by maintaining a high level of leadership with a company that values hard work and providing effective and efficient solutions to their clients.
My core competencies include a breadth of knowledge of the processes and procedures necessary for the successful completion of projects, my ability to communicate directly and effectively to my peers, co-workers and clients and the ability to utilize my expertise and experiences to provide a value-added service.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
• Florida State University
Registered Professional Engineer (FL PE No. 68434)
I have over 4 years experience in managing large master planned, mixed-use communities to go along with a total of 6 years of experience in the land development sector. My 2 key projects include:
• Heron Creek (North Port, Florida) which is a 1200 acre mixed use development with approximately 2500 residential units, 36 holes of golf, recreation facilities, and over 750,000 SF of commercial office/retail/medical space
• Heritage Harbour (Bradenton, Florida) which is an even larger mixed-use master planned community developed by Lennar Homes. This project is 2500 acres and has 5,000 residential units, 45 holes of golf, community support centers and recreation centers along with well over 1million SF of commercial space. This project included intricate planning on a regional level through the Development of Regional Impact process in Florida which requires multiple planning reviews and public hearings as well as submittal of yearly monitoring reports. Finally, this project also included the creation of a special, local-purpose government, called a Community Development District, to finance the community infrastructure, which I was an integral part of.
My overall project management experience includes direct management, oversight and involvement in the following:
• Design, permitting and construction of storm water management systems, water distribution and wastewater collection systems, irrigation systems and roadway design and drainage.
• Project scheduling and Budgeting
• Due diligence Report Preparation for potential project sites and Project financing Consulting
• Entitlements with various local, state and federal regulatory agencies
• Best Management Practices and Pollution Prevention Plan Preparation and installation
• Subdivision Platting and Surveying
• AutoCAD and hydraulic and groundwater modeling programs
• Public Presentations and Hearings for Planning and Zoning
• Creating Bid/Contract Documents and guiding clients through the bidding process as well as direct construction management and testing
• Proposal writing and marketing/business development
• Managing Multi-Disciplinary Teams of consultants and client representatives
• Direct client relations and retention
December 2008 – Present: GradyMinor and Associates, P.A.
GradyMinor is a 50 person, full service Civil Engineering firm specializing in Land Development Consulting.
• Hired to lend local expertise and experience to the North Port, FL branch office of GradyMinor and to ultimately grow into the Branch Manager/Principal.
• Responsible for all Business Development and Marketing for the North Port Office, as well as the management of all projects and future staff.
• Responsible for building business sufficient enough to support the overall growth of the Branch Office to add 15 employees and generate over $2 million of annual revenue.
Client Services Manager
November 2007 – October 2008: Wrathell, Hart, Hunt and Associates, L..L.C.
Wrathell, Hart, Hunt and Associates is a 50 person firm specializing in providing management and accounting services to Local Purpose Governments throughout the Southeast United States.
• Implemented and maintained multiple Operations and Maintenance Budgets of between $600,000 and $2,000,000 annually for community infrastructure (i.e. roadways, utilities, irrigation, stormwater management systems, landscaping and public facilities for recreation and security), while ensuring completion of each maintenance task at or below budget.
• Lead and managed the construction of over $2,000,000 of capital improvement programs providing for new infrastructure and public interest project while saving in excess of $100,000 through Value Engineering and prudent management.
• Conducted monthly Board Meetings with Board Members and constituents. Followed up regularly on Board Member and Public requests and questions.
• Assisted in the preparation of monthly financial statements for General Operating Funds, Debt Service Funds and Enterprise Funds to Governmental Accounting Standards.
• Assisted in Accounts Receivable and Payable through the review and approval of contractor and vendor invoicing.
• Coordinated with District Engineers for the implementation of new infrastructure as well as limiting liability of each District for new and existing situations.
• Coordinated with District Counsel to ensure that statutory requirements and regulations were being adhered to and followed.
2003 – 2007: Banks Engineering, Inc.
Banks Engineering is medium full-service consulting firm specializing in surveying, planning and engineering for public and private land development projects throughout Southwest Florida.
• Provided direct management and oversight for land development projects.
• Prepared multiple Due Diligence reports for potential projects, while also providing consulting to my clients in regards to purchase contracts and financing.
• Directed survey staff in the preparation of Boundary and topographic surveys as well as preparation of sketch and descriptions for sale parcels and easements for turn over to Homeowner’s Associations and local governments.
• Successfully entitled and platted well over 3,000 residential units and hundreds of acres of commercial sites.
• Integral Team Member in the Zoning Process for multiple Developments of regional Impact and prepared required yearly monitoring reports.
• Designed large scale Storm Water Management (over 100 interconnected stormwater retention ponds) and Utility Distribution Systems (water mains, booster pumps, gravity sewer, force mains and lift stations) through the use of multiple modeling software programs.
• Successfully marketed and established long term business relationships with high level management and executives for national home builders and land development companies generating over $3,000,000 of contract work in a three year time period. Fostered strong relationships with existing and new clients including Lennar Homes, Centex Homes, Pulte Homes, Standard Pacific Homes, LNR Property Corporation and the Sembler Company as well as multiple other commercial, residential and industrial development entities.
• Prepared monthly P/L reports and analysis for over $100,000 of monthly revenue generated from projects under my direct supervision. Worked closely with corporate partners and company President to interpret P/L statement and prepare management plans to ensure revenue goals were being met or exceeded.
• Successfully negotiated Development Agreements with multiple municipalities relating to utility service, traffic concurrency and storm water management.
• Supervised and managed infrastructure construction projects totaling over $100,000,000 from creation of contract documents and specifications through to the certification of completed infrastructure.
May 2003 – September 2003: WilsonMiller, Inc.
Wilson Miller is a large full service surveying, planning and engineering consulting firm located throughout the state of Florida.
• Provided design support for utility and stormwater infrastructure to a team of professional engineers resulting in the successful completion of multiple mixed-use, urban developments (condominium/retail developments, high rise condominiums, Ritz Carlton resort in Downtown Sarasota) through the utilization of multiple computer aided modeling software.
• Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and Florida Engineering Society
• Vice Chairman of the Tern Bay Community Development District
• Assistant Secretary/Supervisor of the Stoneybrook at Venice Community Development District
• Chairman of the Outreach Committee for local Church
• Member of the Florida State University Booster Organization and Alumni Association
• Active in the Manatee County Young Professionals Organization