Justin R. Buckwalter*** ****** ****, *** * (717) ***-****
Dover, DE 19901 email@example.com
To pursue a career in a business management role to utilize my education and experience.
Millersville University– 2008 – B.S. Business Administration
Ahold USA, Collections Supervisor, January 2012 – April 2012
Collections supervisor responsible for all AR activities for $7B grocery chain. Accountable for month end closings, account write offs and voids, leadership of A/R associates. Reviewed and managed day to day delinquent accounts.
• Organized weekly staff meetings to identify collection issues and resolve issues with delinquent customers.
• Reviewed and signed off on weekly and monthly collection reviews.
• Created task sheets for associates to contact customers based on monthly objectives.
• Reviewed and signed all write off/ void requests and updated system on stages of the write off/voids for Senior Management.
YRC Glen Moore, Assistant Controller, July 2011- January 2012
Assistant Controller responsible for $120M transportation Company. Accountable for revenue reporting, budgeting and leadership of billing, AR and reception. Manage day to day operations of 4 finance personnel and assist with monthly and quarterly closing procedures.
• Created accounts receivable procedures that reduced receivables 30 days old by 23% ($650K) in less than 5 months.
• Update daily business review report for Executive Management team to review.
• Created and implemented fuel report to eliminate out of network fuel purchases, saving company $750,000 annually.
• Set up Accounts Receivable procedures for collectors to follow.
Fenner Drives, Credit Analyst II, October 2010 – July 2011
Credit Analyst II responsible for over 300 customers in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. In charge of day to day collection process and credit approvals. Responsible for monthly closing procedures involving billing statements and GL reconciliations.
• Implemented credit guidelines and restrictions for all customers helping lower the number of delinquent accounts by 11%.
• Set up customers with payment terms and credit limits based on credit history.
• Restructured largest customer payment terms from N60 to N45 creating increase in monthly cash flow by $200K.
• Contact customers regarding delinquent account balances and collection terms.
• Worked closely with London branch to limit credit terms of European customers.
Lancaster General Hospital, A/R Specialist, April 2009-October 2010
A/R Specialist responsible for all Medicare Advantage and Coventry accounts. Assisted in monthly goal planning for entire AR department.
• Reduced outstanding receivables over 30 days old 31% in 18 months.
• Checked accounts for errors and made specific notations on all accounts worked.
• Contacted specific insurance companies to get resolutions on all claims in inventory.
Manheim Auto Auction, Staff Accountant, July 2008 – March 2009
Staff Accountant responsible for day to day general accounting of Manheim branch location.
• Balanced the weekly sale and dealt with all aspects involved in sale activities.
• Entered weekly journal entries and approved incoming invoices for tax purposes.
• Reconciled six of the company’s accounts on a monthly basis.
High Concrete Group, Accounting Assistant Intern, September 2007- December 2007
• Created and worked on various Excel spreadsheets to prepare 2008 budgets.
• Organized and developed files in Excel relating to company overhead and direct labor.
• Responsible for assisting Controller and Senior Accountant on all 2008 budget numbers.
References available upon request