Address: ** ***** *****, ******, ***
Research, Analysis & Assessment
Institutional Research Analysis
Policy & Procedure Development
Presentation/ Public Speaking
Detailed Report Generation & Writing
Detail-oriented, highly organized, and focused professional, educator, and researcher with strong background in data analysis, SPSS, LISREL, AMOS administration, curriculum / program design, and research project management.
Accustomed to building and cultivating positive relationships with administration, experts of diverse disciplines, staff, students, and the community toward successful achievement of institutional goals and objectives.
Adept at evaluating psychometric properties of newly constructed measures, as well as in presenting and explaining complex concepts to general audience.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEWARK, NJ
Statistical Consultant (Part-time) 2010–Present
Provide statistical advice and guidance to students and faculty advisors on advanced statistical analyses.
- Initiated and effectively facilitated a multivariate SPSS workshop for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral colleagues on multiple linear regression, moderated multiple regression, factor analysis, discriminant analysis, cluster analysis, ANCOVA, and MANOVA.
Instructor (Psychology) 2009–Present
Serve as Psychology instructor; provide instructions on several undergraduate courses, such as Statistical Methods for the Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences, Experimental Methods for the Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences, Social Psychology, Biopsychology of Emotion, and Human Motivation.
Assist and guide students on all aspects of the curriculum and the graduate school application process. Handle the preparation of recommendations for undergraduate students.
Teaching and Research Assistant (Psychology) 2005–2009
Researched and performed a series of experiments on the development of somatization. Conducted daily research, data analysis, and writing. Presented reviewed status and research methods at laboratory/recitation classes, and guided undergraduates in SPSS statistical software and professional research paper preparation in APA style.
- Earned the following awards:
- 2008 Outstanding Teaching Assistant of the Year award for Statistics and Experimental Methods
- 2006 Outstanding Teaching Assistant of the Year award for Statistics and Experimental Methods
- Facilitated the following research presentations:
- The Role of Emotional Awareness and Evaluative Concern on Somatization -2011 Eastern Psychological Association Annual Meeting
- The Personality Correlates of Somatization-2009 Eastern Psychological Association Annual Meeting
- Establishing the Reliability and Validity of the Anger-Anxiety Implicit Association Test -2008 New Jersey Psychological Association Annual Meeting
- The Development of a Newly Created Implicit Association Test to Measure Negative Affect -2007 New Jersey Psychological Association Annual Meeting
BLOOMFIELD COLLEGE, BLOOMFIELD, NJ
Instructor (SAGE Program) 2005–2008
Managed and coordinated weekend graduation preparation workshops for both the GRE and GMAT.
Professional Tutor 2000–2004
Taught supplementary Mathematics and English workshops to cultivate students’ problem solving and writing skills. Conducted Mathematics, English, Biology, and Chemistry lessons to various students on an individual basis.
(PhD) Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology | RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEWARK, NJ | 2011
(MA) Master of Arts in Psychology | RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEWARK, NJ | 2007
(BA) Bachelor of Arts in Psychology THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY, EWING, NJ | | 1999
Association for Psychological Science (APS) | Eastern Psychological Association (EPA)
Psi Chi (International Honor Society in Psychology) | Psychometric Society
American Federation for Teachers (AFT) | American Psychological Association (APA)
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Systems: SPSS, AMOS, LISREL, SAS, R, and MATLAB