***** *.*. ** *******
Miami FL *****
Phone (305) ***-****
Yahya Adam Ali, P.E.
Education August 2005 Florida International University Miami, FL
MS in Civil Engineering
Tau Beta Pi Honors Society
MS in structural engineering discipline
August 2004 Florida International University Miami, FL
BS in Civil Engineering
Tau Beta Pi Honors Society
Chi Epsilon Society
Recipient of Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship and FIU Honors Scholarship
Multiple acknowledgements in FIU Dean’s List
Registration/ Certification Florida Professional Engineer Florida (2009)
Professional Experience June 2009 – Sanchez-Zeinali & Associates, Inc. Miami, FL
• SR 874 from Kendall Drive to SR 826 RRR Project, Miami, Miami-Dade Expressway Authority. The SR 874 corridor is composed of 10 AASHTO beam bridges, various sign structures, temporary sheet pile walls, CIP walls, and permanent MSE walls under the RRR project. Project designer for BDR of 10 AASHTO beam bridge structures, temporary sheet pile walls, CIP walls, and permanent MSE walls. Evaluation of material quantity and cost of the bridges and the wall systems. Proposed several widening rehabilitation options for the 10 AASHTO beam bridges, as well as, performed load rating. Executed bridge inspection of 11 existing bridges along the corridor and verified bridge deficiencies and provided cost effective implementation for deficiency remediation. Assisted in managing structural department.
• MIC-MIA Mover, Miami, Miami-Dade Aviation Department. The MIC-MIA Mover is an elevated landside automated people mover (APM) system. It will provide a convenient and reliable means for transporting passengers to Miami Intermodal Center (MIC) from Miami International Airport (MIA). The MIC-MIA Mover system will be approximately 1.25 miles. Project sub consultant designer and reviewer of 13 simply supported bulb-tee beam bridges. Reviewed design-build plans of bulb-tee beam prestressing details and camber and verified beam shortening lengths. Generated cap and column details of substructure design. Reviewed construction specifications and general notes for contractor. Provided reinforcing bar list for superstructure and substructure design.
Sept. 2004 – June 2009 URS Corporation Miami, FL
• SR 826/SR 836 (Palmetto) Interchange, Miami, FDOT District 6. This fully directional four-level interchange is composed of 36 bridges that encompass AASHTO beam, steel, concrete segmental bridge structures and walls. Project designer for 13 AASHTO beam bridge structures, two flat slab bridges, temporary sheet pile walls, temporary retaining walls, bulkhead walls, and permanent MSE walls of the Palmetto project. Evaluation of material quantity and cost of the bridges and the wall systems. Tabulate quantities of all structural components into FDOT TRNS*PORT program. Create computation books for 13 AASHTO beam bridges and two flat slab bridges. Performed load rating for 13 AASHTO beam bridges and two flat slab bridges. Assisted in managing structural department for completion of final submittal.
• Design/Build RFP & Criteria Package for I-95/SR-9 Mainline Widening from SR-70 to SR-614, St. Lucie County, FDOT District 4. Development of concept/analysis design of existing bridge structures which consist of two AASHTO beam bridge widenings along SR-9 over Belcher Canal and Angle Road, two AASHTO beam bridge widenings along SR-9 over SR-70 (Okeechobee Road), two steel plate straight girder bridge widenings along SR-9 over SR-68 (Orange Avenue), as well as, two steel plate curved girder bridge widenings along SR-9 over Kings Highway. Performed load rating of all bridges.
• MIC-Earlington Heights Connector, Miami-Dade Transit. The project consists of 2.4 miles of elevated structures composed of continuous precast concrete segmental box girders and simple span U Beam units supporting a light rail mass transit system. This project begins at the MIC station and connects to the existing Earlington Heights station. Project Designer for U Beam guideway structures, designed cantilever piers to support Metrorail structure over roadway, designed U Beam deck for guideway structure, designed superstructure flat slab and substructure for connection of new Metrorail into existing Metrorail trackwork. Analyzed U Beam superstructure deflections for drainage runoff and design. Analyzed U Beam superstructure camber for trackwork and plinth pad design. Performed QA/QC of foundation design and substructure design of all piers encompassing the project. Analyzed bumping post design at beginning of trackwork configuration and future extension of the Metrorail system. Coordinated QA/QC procedures, estimate material cost and quantities, as well as, analyzed and evaluated the project design options for transit design.
• I-595 CDC, Broward County, FDOT District 4. Development of concept/analysis design of 10 AASHTO beam bridge widenings along I-595 and the Florida Turnpike over North New River Canal. The widening study of these bridges consisted of using standard AASHTO beams, as well as, modified standard AASHTO beams. The modified AASHTO beams are used to ensure adequate vertical clearance requirements while providing adequate load resistance. Performed load rating of all bridges.
• City of North Miami Beach-Hanford Blvd. (Phase IV): Post Design Drainage Structure. Evaluated and provided comments on shop drawings of drainage structures for the renovation of Hanford Blvd.
• MIC-MIA Interchange, Miami, FDOT District 6. Reviewed shop drawings and provided commentary assistance for post-design services for the steel curved girder bridges. Designed the cantilever and overhead sign structures for the interchange. Conducted load rating analysis of AASHTO beam bridges 870991, 870992, and 870993.