ANNETTE NAKKU**** ********** ******
San Diego, CA 92127(909) ***-****
Dependable, hardworking, ACCOUNTANT with over 7 years of experience in the Hospitality & Manufacturing Industries. Key skills are detail oriented, analytical ability and works well under pressure. Areas of expertise include:
- Financial Statements - Account Reconciliations
- Financial Analysis - Cash Management
- Fixed Assets Management - Budget/Forecast/Audit Preparation
RESMED CORPORATION, San Diego, CA June 2010 - Present
(Kforce Staffing Agency Assignment)
FIXED ASSETS ACCOUNTANT
Responsible for the maintenance of all Fixed Assets including depreciation schedules and corresponding monthly/quarterly/yearly reconciliations. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare month-end adjusting and closing entries to fixed assets accounts along with reconciliations and year to date roll-forwards of activity. Prepare and post other journal entry re-classes as needed. Prepare financial analysis reports involving fixed assets for management, staff as well as external auditors.
BILLBOARD VIDEO, INC., Corona, CA 2009 - 2010
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Managed accounts receivable collections and customer billing questions. Prepared financial statements (Income statement and Balance sheet). Participated in the monthly close process including input and preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations. Maintained and reconciled fixed asset schedules. Prepared sales & use tax returns for the states of California and New York. Oversaw the staff accountant's work.
* Key member of the transition team that set-up the accounting department's processes and procedures when the company relocated its corporate office from Northern California to Southern California.
BAE SYSTEMS, INC., Ontario, CA 2004 - 2009
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Prepared consolidated financial statements of three (3) USA product- lines and Mexico into one (1) financial statement. Generated monthly/quarterly/year-end financial reports (i.e. Income statement, Balance sheet, actual vs. budget variance explanations, balance sheet account reconciliations, and forecast reports). Prepared price purchase variance analysis report. Managed fixed assets. Prepared and posted monthly journal entries including inter-company entries. Prepared property tax and sales & use tax returns for multiple states. Assisted with the audit (both external and Internal) and annual budget preparations. Supervised internal auditors during semi-annual Physical Inventory. Prepared various financial analysis reports for management.
* Supported the General Accounting Manager with Sarbanes-Oxley Sec. 404 requirements
* Automated the payroll process (saved 4 hours)
* Trained incoming accountants
* Cross-trained on all accounting areas during a temporary reduction in staff
* Key member of transition team that trained personnel and supported the start-up of existing accounting operations in another state
* Part of chart of accounts conversion team
NEWPORT BOATS, Corona, CA 2002 - 2003
ACCOUNTANT/ HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
Performed a combination of both accounting and human resources duties for 3 locations as follows:
* Prepared semi-monthly payroll, worker's compensation reports, 401K, EDD forms, healthcare bills and withholding notices.
* Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of employee records.
* Performed minor Information Technology (IT) duties such as providing technical support and inputting of all new employees into various systems (Compass Website, IDS, ADP and Excel).
* Launched and implemented new payroll software.
SO. CAL. HOUSING DEV. CORPORATION, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 2000 - 2002
(Affordable Housing Company)
Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions of 5 - 7 Apartment complexes. Prepared monthly financial reports for assigned properties (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Actual vs. Budget explanations, Statement of Changes in Cash, Cash Flow Projections and Bank Reconciliations). Analyzed balance sheet accounts and prepared balance sheet schedules. Maintained CIP accounts. Analyzed loan draws. Consolidated multiple apartment financial statements into one report. Assisted with the audit and annual budget preparations. Prepared annual property tax reports.
* Trained apartment complex managers on the accounting software and accounts payable standards.
RCI MANAGEMENT, Corona, CA 1996 -1999
(Timeshare Resort Management Company)
ACCOUNTANT (1998 -1999)
Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions of 5 - 7 Home Owner Associations. Prepared monthly financial reports for assigned properties (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Actual vs. Budget explanations, Statement of Changes in Cash, Cash Flow Projections and Bank Reconciliations). Analyzed balance sheet accounts and prepared balance sheet schedules. Prepared sales tax reports. Assisted with the audit and annual budget preparations.
* Undertook additional accounting tasks for 2 resorts during a temporary reduction in staff.
* Streamlined the accounts payable function from the corporate office to the resorts. Trained the resort managers on the accounting software and accounts payable standards.
* Key member of transition team that trained personnel and supported the start-up of existing accounting operations in a foreign country.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERN (1996 - 1997)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration: Concentration Accounting
University of California, Riverside
Oracle, Hyperion, Sage FAS Fixed Assets, Visual Manufacturing, IDS, Yardi, JD Edwards, Advantage, Quick books, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel