|PAUL R. BUICO
**** ******* **** *****
Raleigh, North Carolina 27613
SKYPE PBUICO +1-919-***-****
SENIOR SOFTWARE SALES LEADERSHIP
REGIONAL & NATIONAL SALES MANAGEMENT / REGIONAL & NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
“Revenue, Profit, & Market Share Growth / Customer Penetration / Market Expansion”
Top performing Software Sales Professional with a proven track record of exceeding sales, profit, and market-share goals. An experienced Manager, skillful in recruiting, training and developing high performing sales teams Led two successful start-up ventures, developed sales and marketing strategies and directed 10 account representatives. Expert in consultative and solution selling with proven ability to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities Excellent leadership and management skills with an ability to develop, motivate and lead sales teams to excel. Adept in partnering with clients and building strong relationships to include off shore project design Enthusiastic and personable Conversational in French and Spanish
• Sales Management / Leadership • New Account / Territory Development • Revenue Market Growth
• Strategic Planning / Budgeting • Key Account Relationship Management • Consultative / Solution Selling
• Team Building / Leadership
• Contract Negotiations • SaaS, ASP, & Cloud Model
• C-Level Selling & Closing Experience • Large Quota Carrier
• CRM Software (Salesforce etc)
United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
BS – Engineering
MBA – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Expected Graduation 2014
DATATRAK INTERNATIONAL, INC. 2011-PRESENT
Director of Sales
My mission is to have the best eclinical enterprise solution to safely accelerate every drug, biologic, and device to market from “Concept to Cure”. One million dollar sales quota of technical software solutions on virtual servers ASP, Web Hosted and SaaS environments as well as operational services for gap analysis, training, education services and clinical consulting to existing and new clients Developed and executed sales strategies, trained, provided expertise in lead qualification, demos, opportunity development, and sales presentations.
THOMSON REUTERS-LIQUENT, INC. Scientific Division and ISI 2006 – 2010
Regulatory software and services to support collaboration and compliance requirements throughout life sciences industries
Senior Account Executive
Exceeded sales quotas of technical software solutions on client and virtual servers ASP, Web Hosted and SaaS environments as well as operational services for gap analysis, training, education services and regulatory consulting to existing and new clients Developed and executed sales strategies, trained new employees and provided expertise in lead qualification, proposal/RFP response, opportunity development, and sales presentations.
• Won first Animal Health sale of InSight Manager in the United States for over $500,000
• Won first CRO business partnership in the United States
• Achieved 100% of maintenance quota while adding additional Support and Maintenance contracts
• Exceeded quota in software and service sales by 35%
• Defeated the number one competitor in the market, head to head, on 5 of 5 occasions
• Developed two Solution Consultants into top demonstrators of our products
• Provided detailed tactical and strategic objective for management leadership team
• Trained two new employees on everything from expense reports to SalesForce.com
Designs, develops and implements submission software that supports information gathering, submission development, and cross-functional review for healthcare applications.
Southeast Regional Account Executive
Developed new accounts in the Southeast Region while expanding existing accounts in software sales Created a new model in selling to the smaller Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry and introduced the model company-wide.
• Introduced ISI to the Research Triangle Park (RTP) with presence on site and in programs
• Gained entry into GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and developed rapport leading to global evaluation of software
• Started sales cycle to include demonstrations, evaluations and WebEx’s at GSK
• Developed ROI modeling that was rolled out for ASP/SaaS model and software web hosting while generating more than $1 million in new company revenue and increased existing revenue stream by $ 1 million dollars
• Created and sold SaaS modeling concept to Tier One, Two and Three companies
• Top SaaS salesman in the United States with three complete implementations in last six months
• Closed first and second RegTracker sales in the United States
• Established more than $5 million into the revenue pipeline for FY ‘08
BUICO, PAUL Page 2 of 2
NEXT MILLENNIUM - Start-up computer consulting and web development company 1998 – 2006
President and Founder – Developed a sales force of ten sales representatives. Developed ASP model for counterparts in India to perform demonstrations and work remotely
• Created a financially stable startup in first year of operation.
• Consulted on three major ERP projects with FORTUNE 500 companies.
• Developed and implemented sales and marketing strategies.
• Hired, trained and managed 10 sales representatives.
SELF CARE INCORPORATED 1996 – 1998
A start-up venture for breast cancer medical device
Vice President of Sales
Developed marketing strategies, designed and purchased packaging, hired and trained initial sales force of 10 sales associates.
• Coordinated sales by establishing and assigning sales territories, quotas, and goals.
• Guided sales in the development of goals and performance budgets. Tracked results in all areas of sales, costs and margins.
• Developed annual sales plans and programs. Directed implementation and execution of policies and practices.
• Delivered sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
TAP /BAYER PHARMACEUTICALS 1991 - 1996
International pharmaceutical, medical device and capital equipment company
Key Account Executive
Senior Sales Representative
Field Marketing Specialist
Capital equipment sales in the Immuno and General Chemistry Lab market. Managed and grew accounts within the northeast sales territory. Contacted and developed professional relationships with existing and prospective customers to promote market and secure business. Interacted with key personnel of current and potential customers to initiate, improve, develop, build and maintain good business relationships. Significantly contributed to annual sales and company growth objectives
• Top sales representative in the Northeast 4 Division
• First new hire of class to close an Immuno 1 and Atlas instrument sale (>$1MM)
• Generated 200% increase in immuno chemistry, chemistry and urinalysis business
• Increased overall business by over 50% in less than 18 months
Direct sales of biotech drug to oncologists, urologists and gynecologists, and promoted 2 times in 3 years. A
• Number 1 of 250 sales representatives in the nation for 1992 and number 5 for 1994
• Top 5% of nation in dollar sales, dollar sales increase and % of goal for 1992 and 1994
• Highest sales volume increase for last 3 of 4 years in northeast region
• Winner of Saiyushu, Exacalibur and Yahoo with Yasu awards
• District Trainer for 5 employees’ pre-certification and field training
United States Army 1981-1991
Captain, U.S. Infantry
• Commanded 3 separate companies from 80 to 300 people
• Developed and executed new program of instruction for Air Force training
• Established post records for marksmanship and fitness
• Coordinated training as Operations officer for 6,000 soldiers
• Devised and executed movement of Brigade during 5 tactical missions in high tension time in Korea
• Managed $10MM supply operations for 850 soldiers with 40 man staff
• Attended Ranger, Airborne, Infantry Basic and Advanced Schools
• Varsity Wrestler at West Point
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office, SAP, Adobe, SharePoint, SaaS and Salesforce.com, Symantec, Adobe
• Fluent in English with basic Spanish and French knowledge
Similar ResumesSales Marketing Business Development Consumer Products
- ordinary, ambassador, tucson, patent, pets,...Manager Sales Customer Service Management Engineer
- management professional, raleigh nc, key account,...Business Development Manager
Grand Prairie, TX
- wireline, salesforce com, wimax, wifi, salesforce,...Senior Business Development Sales Executive
- salesforce, fundraiser, architect, tradeshow,...Sales and management professional
- ped, womens, memphis tn, chef, tasting, salesmen,...Assembly Line General Laborer
- kissimmee, mechanic, foreman, riverdale, dump,...Customer Service Sales Business Management Manager
- centurylink, preparer, roanoke, plc, cpa,...Business Development Sales Management Information Technology
- trident, document imaging, network design,...QA Analyst/ Developer
New York, NY
- scjp, itsm, websphere, j2ee, php, mq, java j2ee,...Project manager
- jk, varanasi, substation, kota, lanka,...