L.N.Vishwanathan Mob: 987*******
yrs e-mail: email@example.com** *** ********** ** ***
fields of R&D, Production, QA, Project Management in Electronic Manufacturing and Telecom Industry.
BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BITS Pilani, 1979,
PGDBM, YMCA New Delhi, 1982
Key Skill Areas
Manufacturing QA Production Engineering:
• Experience in setting up manufacturing set up of SMT lines, testing stations and other activities like Production, Planning and Control. Knowledge of ATE system testing procedures.
• QA experience which includes setting up of QA systems, co-ordination with BSNL QA, ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18000 implementations.Lead auditor in ISO14001.
• Knowledge on six sigma principles, process control techniques.
Technology transfer in Optical Transmission equipment:
• Knowledge in Optical Transmission technologies like PDH, SDH, Ethernet based technologies
• Visited Tellabs Denmark for technology transfer of SDH Optical transmission system.
• Visited Marconi Italy for project implementation of optical line transmission equipment.
• Visited Siemens Germany Technology transfer of Digital transmission Analyser technology from Siemens Germany at VXL Engineers Faridabad during 1992-1994.
• Visited Schlumberger France in 1988 for training and project implementation of Digital Transmission Analyzers.
Design Development & Project:
• R&D experience for 12 yrs in HCL Instruments division from 1979 to 1991.
• Project co-ordinations of GSM tower erections, BTS and telecom implementation for NOKIA in Himachal Pradesh.
ADDRESS:Flat No. A-703, Thiruvizha C.G.H.S,
Plot 37, Sector 10, DWARKA,
New Delhi -110075
LANGUAGES KNOWN: English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu
DETAILS OF EXPERIENCE: Present Job since July 2006
Name of Organisation: Fibcom India Ltd.
Manufacturing company in Fibre SDH
Designation: Sr. General Manager (Manufacturing)
• Overall Manufacturing Operations of the company which includes
• SMT plant operations
• Testing operations
• Quality functions
• Production Engineering
• Achieving production and quality targets
• Setting up efficient production processes
• Technology Transfer of products from Tellabs for Ethernet modules
• Plant maintenance
• Handling Customer complaints and corrective actions
• Indigenisation of products
August 2005 to June 2006 (10months)
Name of Organisation:
SGS Tekniks Pvt Ltd. Gurgaon
Designation: VP Operations
• Managing complete operations of the plant which includes production, testing, planning, maintenance, HR
• Meeting production targets, quality targets
• Managing resources efficiently
September 1994 to 2005 (11yrs)
Name of Organisation: Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd. Manufacturing company in Optical fibre transmission in PDH, SDH equipments
Designation: Assistant Vice President (Quality Management) since April 2004. Reporting to Sr VP Operations.
Location: Solan (H.P.)
Responsibilities: 2002 to 2005in HFCL
• Project implementation of GSM Towers, BTS equipment installation, commissioning in the whole of Himachal Pradesh for NOKIA.
• Quality Management of Organisation. This includes Incoming inspection, Process Inspection , Final Quality Inspection.
• Maintenance of ISO 9001:2000 QMS, and ISO 14001 EMS in the Organisation.
Management Representative of the company for both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 systems. Fully conversant with ISO standards. Lead Auditor for ISO 14001.
• Managing the Plant Maintenance.
1994-2002 in HFCL
• Interactions with BSNL QA for their Inspection and clearance of the products in the capacity of GM(QA).
Familiar with BSNL QA norms and Quality Engineering aspects of BSNL. Fully conversant with BSNL TEC evaluation processes and Bulk Production clearance.
• Full knowledge of SMT line production techniques and their related machines. Responsible for selection and setting up of the first SMT line in the factory in 1995.
• Good experience of handling manpower and problems related to them. Have been able to maintain cordial relation with the team members and with the workmen.
• Handled Production planning and control activities at the plant which includes planning for material, interaction and coordination with Purchase, Marketing, Production.
• Set up production and testing lines for PDH Optimux range of products of Marconi Italy. Travelled to Marconi Italy for Technology absorption of Optimux products and set up testing lines for Optimux products in HFCL and was responsible for the execution of BSNL PO’s from 1994 till 1999. Contributed to the design of products like 34 Mbps and 8 Mbps Optimux by interaction with Indian R&D organisations. Travelled to NORTEL in Ireland for studying their Manufacturing set up.
Past Experience: 1991 to 1994: (3yrs)
Organisation: VXL Engineers Ltd. Faridabad.
Designation: DGM (Electronics)
Responsibilities: • Trained in Seimens Germany for Digital Transmission Analyser. Responsible for Technology transfer of DTA and project implementation. Also set up manufacturing facilities at Faridabad factory for SMT.Test stations and was responsible for production and clearance of BSNL PO’s.
• Was in-charge of production and testing activities of all electronics instruments manufactured by VXL like DTA, PCM test set, 1GHz synthesised signal generators, 260MHz signal generators, Pulse generators, Telegraph testers etc.
Experience from 1979 to 1991: (12yrs)
Name of Organisation: HCL Ltd Instruments Division
Designation: Manager Projects
• Trained in Schlumberger France on Digital Transmission Analysers in 1988. My responsibility was for technology absorption and at plant.
• Designed products like Frequency counters, Function Generators, Microprocessor trainers, Digital Multimeters, Logic Analysers etc.
In addition won the 3rd prize in the All India National Design competition in Electronics and Telecom Engineering in 1978.