EMAD (ED) HAJEER, MSF***** ********* **. # ***
Sterling, VA 20164
Cell: (703) ***-****
• GAAP, FASB 13, FAR, CAS 404& 409, DCCA, Government Accounting, Incurred Cost Submission
• GL Reconciliations, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Revenue Recognition, Inventory, Fleet Management, Budgeting, Forecasting, Cash Flow
• Auditing, SOX Compliance, and Quality Assurance, SQL Queries, System Conversion, FBMS
M.S., Finance, Specialization: Financial Management; May 2004; Walsh College, Troy, Michigan
B.S., Business Administration; Dec. 2001; Walsh College, Troy, Michigan
Microsoft Office 2010, Lawson, SAP, GCS Premiere, JAMIS, JD Edward, QuickBooks, Peachtree
National Park Service/Delta Solutions and Technologies,
Washington DC July 2011-Present July 2011-Present
Financial System Analyst, Contractor
• Serve as a senior technical expert in financial and accounting system matters, especially as they relate to property functional areas (fixed asset, fleet management, supply and inventory).
• Analyze and revise business policies and procedures that effectively guide the property management department activities.
• Assist in the in the implementation of property modules in the Financial Business Management System (FBMS).
• Work with property, financial & acquisition functional areas to ensure FBMS system communication with converted OPSM legacy systems.
• Direct the workflow for the FBMS Integration Data Cleansing/Conversion Team.
• Assist in the definition of data selection criteria and prioritize data cleaning/conversion efforts.
• Identify data quality issues that potentially exist with OPSM legacy systems.
Practical Solutions, Inc., McLean, VA October 2009-July 2011
Lead Financial Consultant:
• Researched, recommended accounting treatment, and implemented solutions on new transactions.
• Reviewed, investigated, and corrected errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Reconciled payroll-related liability and expense accounts for 3 different company
• Maintained and reconciled payroll-related liability and expense accounts for 4 different companies in SAP accounting system.
• Provided training, and coaching for the payroll department staffs in conducting audits and other audit-related issues
• Maintained all general ledger (G/L) functions (AR, AP, PR, Billing, Cash Receipt, and Job Costs in GCS Premiere for multiple business units.)
• Made recommendations regarding accounting processes and developed procedures for the accounting departments.
• Prepared monthly bank reconciliation for multiple business units.
• Monitored cash disbursements and receipts to allow for maximum utilization of company resources..
• Provided assistance in the preparation of the annual incurred cost submission and forward pricing rate proposals to the federal government.
Alion Science and Technology, Fairfax, VA November 2008-October 2009
• Prepared monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries for depreciation, capitalization/retirement, and payroll liability, inter-company accounts.
• Maintained and reconciled payroll liability (120 accounts), inter-company revenue and expense, deferred rent, inventory, and fixed assets accounts.
• Maintained and reconciled JAMIS Job Costs: Cost Allocations, Job Numbers and Projects Setup.
• Prepared cash flow statement for capital assets accounts.
• Processed Equipment Acquisition and Facilities Modification Acquisition Requests (FAR).
• Processed Lease Analysis Forms (FASB 13).
• Assisted in the preparation of incurred cost submissions.
• Assisted in the JAMIS upgrade and tested the system for any internal weakness.
• Prepared monthly roll forward schedules and quarterly audit schedules.
• Analyzed and resolved the Fixed Assets software defects including depreciation calculations and reporting errors.
• Reviewed Business Process for the Fixed Assets Department to identify and resolve any outstanding issues regarding SOX and DCAA Compliances (CAS 404, 409, and SOX 404).
• Worked with Designers and Software Engineers to resolve any defects and design issues discovered during product development for the Fixed Asset Department.
• Collaborated with the Sox Auditors to complete JAMIS functional testing, and user requirements
• Provided top management with monthly variances analysis reports: actual results versus accrual and budget numbers using SQL Queries
• Developed clear and efficient accounting process manual for the Fixed Assets Department.
• Responded to the inquiry of Sox, Independent, and DCAA Auditor by providing the auditors with various audit schedules, and reports.
North Virginia Electric Cooperative, Fairfax, VA February 2007-October 2008
Plant Accounting Department/ Sr. Accountant:
• Performed and supervised periodic closing functions, which include monthly closing of Power Plant, and provides recurring and adjusting journal entries for depreciation, capitalization/retirement, inventory adjustment and variance analysis and overhead allocation.
• Reviewed and approved Accounts Payable invoices and checks for processing
• Oversaw the financial statements and reporting requirements for monthly and year end closing
• Maintained and reconciled Working Process Account.
• Maintained fixed asset sub-system to track physical location and depreciable value of items
• Worked directly with Procurement Office to facilitate physical fixed asset inventory.
• Managed annually external audit for plant accounting department by responding to the KPMG PBC list.
• Communicates audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to top management and the Board of Directors.
• Assisted in the Lawson upgrade and tested the system for any internal weakness.
• Reported tax remittance to local and state jurisdictions. Prepares Annual Form 990 and Income Tax Returns (Federal and State) and prepares other periodic regulatory reports.
Smithsonian Business Venture, Herndon, VA
Accounting Consultant: January 2006 – February 2007
• Prepared monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries for revenues and expenses for concessions and theaters business units.
• Prepared monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and Cash Flow Statement for concessions and theaters business units.
• Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual revenues and expenses variance analysis of actual results versus accrual
• Maintained and reconciled balance sheet and income statement accounts for concessions and theaters business units.
• Maintained and reconciled service maintains schedules for IMAX Theaters.
Computer Associate, Herndon, VA
Accounting Consultant: November 2005- January 2006
• Supported the SAP financial system data migration and conversion project.
• Performed data analysis for data residing in legacy financial system (Lawson) to prepare for a major data migration and conversion effort.
• Analyzed and reviewed financial data and file formats, financial transactional files, and system data structures, including comparing data fields available in feeder systems to requirements of new system.
General Towing, Auburn Hills, MI
Accounting and Operation Manager December 1997- November 2005
• Prepared quarterly financial statements and ensure financial documents are in compliance with GAAP standards and policies. Prepare monthly operation performance reports to top management.
• Established polices for internal control, quarterly review and annual audit.
• Overseen payroll function and manage accounts receivables, payables, general ledger transactions, and collections.
• Prepared payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts. Record and track fixed assets and tracked capital expenditures.
• Contracted and negotiate pricing with customers and vendors.
• Improved inventory control by initiating count sheets and auditing of counts.
• Recruited, trained and kept high quality employees.
• Complied weekly employees work schedule..
• Scheduled trucks maintenance.
• Designed check lists to trace, maintain, and protect company’s physical assets.
• Negotiated future contracts with current and new customers.
• Called on delinquent customers for collections.
SimmSaver Technologies, Inc. Wichita, Kansas
Quality Assurance: May1992-September1997
• Pre-production compatibility and interoperability testing
• Quality control process & procedures planning and documentation
• Reported and documented bugs based on software releases
• Validated and verified software releases