Research and Consulting/Sales and Client Relations
|Thematic & Functional Experience
• Public affairs, government relations, public policy, international & domestic politics, global macro economics, political economy, trends & emerging topics in politics, Asia and Africa area studies, U.S. foreign relations, trade & investment policies, issues management, geopolitics of energy
• Research & consulting, sales process, historical studies & analysis, client & member relations, presentations & lectures, projections & inventory control, employee management & training, writing
Research Consultant April 2011 – present
Public Affairs Council & Foundation for Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
• Manage analysis of key benchmarking surveys and produced report
• Analyze current trends in public affairs and interact with clients on various issues
• Offer insights into qualitative analysis with project teams
• Coordinate and execute consulting projects with clients and member companies
• Direct fundraising operations
Managing Analyst February 2012 – present
Consultancy Africa Intelligence, Pretoria, South Africa
• Manage two analysts and support various research initiatives
• Research and analyze topics of political economy in Africa and its relationship with Asia
• Consult with outside actors in the public and private sector to further analysis
Teaching Assistant September 2011 – present
The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C
Researcher June 2011 – September 2011
Institute for Policy Research, Washington, D.C.
• Fact-checked articles and synchronized data points
• Offered alternative research methods and sources
Editorial Researcher January 2011 – March 2011
Foreign Policy Magazine, Washington, D.C.
• Interacted with article authors and suggested topics for articles
• Maintained website and uploaded articles
Adjunct Professor of Political Science (on leave) May 2010
St. Joseph’s College, Patchogue, New York
• Instructor of social science courses
Visiting Researcher June 2009 – September 2009
F.W. de Klerk Foundation, Cape Town, South Africa
• Authored reports on global affairs focused on international security and economic development
• Supported program team’s research and state-wide research initiatives
Sales Associate 2002 – 2010
King Kullen Company, Inc.
• Built and maintained customer relationships
• Lectured on the importance customer service and client relations
• Projected sales with management departmentally and maintained invoice accounting system
Ph.D. Student, Politics - course work ends May 2012
The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
• Fellowship 2011 – 2012
M.A., International Affairs May 2010
The New School for General Studies, New York, New York
• Scholarship 2009 – 2010
B.A., History May 2008
Saint Joseph’s College, Patchogue, New York
• Dean’s List
Select Presentations, Interviews, & Publications
• Authored over 20 op-ed and white-papers on: political economy, emerging markets, international relations, security, foreign relations, and globalization.
o PolicyMic, The Indian Economy Review, E-IR, International Affairs Forum, U.S.-China Focus, Project Africa; AIDemocracy, Influential’s Network. Examples:
“China’s Spending in Africa,” The Great Indian Dream, forthcoming February 2012.
“Africa’s Oil, China’s Investment,” PolicyMic, March 2011
“Managing a Multifaceted Relationship between the U.S. and China,” China – U.S. Focus, June 2011
“The Underlying Importance of Sino-African Trade,” E-International Relations, June 2011
• Discussant at over 10 different conferences on issues of international relations and globalization.
o Northeast Political Science Association; International Studies Association; New York State Political Science Association; University of Connecticut, Middle East Dialogue; Johns Hopkins; The Catholic University of America; The New School. Examples:
Transnational and International Issues: Terrorism, War, and Peacekeeping
The Geopolitics of Oil and Policy Making
U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East since Tunisia
• Interviewed on subjects such as: Libya, the Middle East, and China.
Entrepreneurial & Volunteer Experience
• Established the first chapter of Pi Gamma Mu, Social Science Honor Society at St. Joseph’s College
• Board member on “The Recruit Business Scholarship”; Lindenhurst High School, New York
• Created several mini-documentaries on international politics
• Served as editor for:
o Department of Politics News and Letters;
o International Affairs Student Working Paper Series
Additional Skills & Experience
• Certification, Conflict Analysis, United States Institute of Peace, Washington D.C.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programming
• Skilled in website maintenance, design and transition
• Advanced qualitative research methods; basic quantitative research methods
• Veteran presenter and lecturer; strong client interaction capabilities
Current Memberships & Honors
American Political Science Association; International Studies Association; Young Professionals in Foreign Policy; Pi Gamma Mu, International Social Science Honor Society, Past President; Sigma Chi Iota; Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honor Society
Similar ResumesAdministrative Assistant Customer Service Manager
Fort Washington, MD - maryland, administrator, automation, supervisor,...Client Service and Investment Research
Charlotte, NC - developer, letter, registered, die, charlotte, nc,...Research Medical Technical Experience India Scientist
Rockville, MD - coiled, roorkee, kolkata, mri, scientist, xi, soc,...Experience Assistant Health Research Molecular Biology
Rockville, MD - biologist, forman, botany, sample, moderator,...Medical Technologist/ Microbiologist
Culpeper, VA - technologist, medical technologist, microbiologist,...Business Sales Management Data Project Sap Supply Chain
Columbia, MD - sap, bw, hyperion, template, architect, offshore,...Assistant North Carolina Data Experience Medical
Rockville, MD - fda, sas, nichols, clinical, anderson,...Biochemistry and molecular biology
Columbia, MD - es, fda, army, india, delhi, md, technician, vitae,...Engineer Assistant Environmental Health Experience
Baltimore, MD - environmental, engineer, md, keeper, land,...Call 3017961260
Washington, DC - lung, neuromuscular, ophthalmic, appropriate,...