Nurse Manager Medical Registered Case Care Mental Health
|FRANCES E. SNEAD
*** *. ****** **** ****
Reisterstown, Maryland 21136
(H) 410 ***-**** (C) 443 ***-**** Fax 410 ***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To assure and provide quality patient care to all individuals seeking care using the guidance of the Nursing Practice Act of the state Maryland, the nursing process, communication, training, ethics and my twenty-two years of being a registered nurse. I desire to use what I have learned to enter another phrase of nursing.
Strong assessment skills and the ability to implement appropriate intervention.
Relates well to people from a variety of culture and socio-economic backgrounds.
Sensitive to meeting diverse needs in varied situations.
Excellent teaching and coaching abilities.
Reliable and responsible.
Readily to learn and develop new skills.
Completes projects in a timely matter.
Ability to multi-task.
Develops a good working rapport with patients, families, staff and other disciplines.
Knowledge of medical equipment, products and pharmaceuticals.
Superior accuracy in patient history charting and other documentation.
Proficient computer skills.
Good geographical knowledge of the state of Maryland.
Sheppard Pratt at Ellicott City 2008 – 2011
4300 College Avenue
Ellicott City, Maryland
Night Charge Nurse – Weekends and Full Time
Responsible for a 16 bed Post Traumatic/Dual Diagnosis Unit
Reviewing orders written by physicians and assuring the accuracy of medications and dosages prescribed.
Administering medications as prescribed and on an Emergency basis as situations may arise.
Assure all narcotics accounted for.
Assure the safety of all patients on the unit.
Supervise the Mental Health Workers on the unit, assuring all assigned tasks are completed for the shift.
Assure Emergency Equipment is functioning.
Precepting new nurses to the unit.
People Encouraging People 2008 - 2009
4201 Primrose Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
RN Case Manager
A residentially based comprehensive program providing a total rehabilitation experience for individuals exiting the forensic mental health system. Clients consisted of seriously mentally ill adults and youth, co-occurring d/o, deaf, HIV/AIDS, homeless and community re-entry clients,
Responsible for the delivery of services for a caseload of 24 clients, male and female placed in individual homes, apartments or alternative living homes throughout Baltimore city.
Responsible for the accountability of all FACT Program clients medications.
Storage of clients medications and facility stocked medications.
Ordering medications prescribed by primary care physicians and/or psychiatrist.
Responsible for administering FACT clients SQ and IM injections.
Dressing changes when necessary.
Home visits to delivery medications, assess medical and mental status of clients
Transporting clients to physician appointments and ED as needed.
Transporting clients to services offices (e.g. parole and probation, social security, BG &E, etc.).
Assist client in purchasing food, furniture and clothing when needed.
Assisting non medical Case Managers in assessing medical status of clients in their caseload when asked.
Attending and participating in daily FACT team meetings.
NCIA, 7222 Ambassador Road, Woodlawn, Maryland 2007 – 2008
Delegating Nurse/Case Manager
- Perform an initial and 45 day assessment during the site visit to the Alternative Living Unit.
- Assessing the clinical status of the client every 45 days.
- Assessing the competency of the medication technician administering medication at the same time as the 45-day site visit.
- Assessing the task to be delegated included complexity.
- Assessing the environment in which the task is to be performed.
- Determining the instruction and frequency of supervision required to monitor the caregiver.
- Performing in-hospital assessment.
- Performing discharge from hospital assessments, including Emergency Room discharge assessments.
- Attends Clinical meeting with team (psychologist, psychology associates, registered nurses, and Alternative Living staff.
- Reviews all medication orders prescribed by hospital physicians and primary care physicians.
- Checks all medication from the Pharmacy against physician’s orders and MAR.
- Conducts educational training with staff.
- Conducts competencies with staff.
CCN Inc., Laurel, Maryland 2005 - 2007
Staff Nurse, RN (Agency) Emergency Department
Providing coverage in Emergency Departments throughout the city and counties in the state of Maryland.
Providing care for patient suffering from multi-trauma, trauma, acute chest pain, respiratory failure, drug overdose, acute alcohol ingestion, psychiatric, multi-system and non-urgent problems. Using the nursing process to gain positive outcomes.
Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 1995 - 2005
Staff Nurse. Emergency Department
Patient Care Coordinator, Emergency Department
Provided care for patients with multi-trauma, trauma, system failure diseases, cardiac, respiratory, GI, GU, Neurological and OB/GYN problems.
Provided care to pediatric patients with trauma and system failure diseases.
Preceptor to new graduates and registered nurses new to Emergency Nursing.
Charge Nurse for the Emergency Department.
Directed patient flow in the Emergency Department by acuity.
Instructor for BLS
Instructor for ACLS
SAFE Nurse (Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner)
Provided care for psychiatric and mentally challenged patients
Planned interdepartmental meetings.
Attend Management meetings outside the department.
Attended outside seminars and workshops.
SRT Med Staff, Baltimore, Maryland 1988 - 1995
Staff Nurse, RN (Agency) Emergency Department; Telemetry Unit
Provided coverage for Emergency Departments and Telemetry Units in various hospitals throughout the city and counties of Maryland. Provided care for patients with multi-trauma, trauma and system failure and disease.
Provided care for cardiac patients on Telemetry Units. Monitor patients for irregular rhythms; interpret rhythms strips and EKG’s.
North Charles General Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 1988 - 1988
Staff Nurse, RN Emergency Department
Provided care for patients with trauma and system failure diseases for three (3) months. The hospital closed three (3) months after I was hired. Little warning was given to the staff.
University of Maryland Medical Systems 1985 – 1988
New Graduate, Neuro Trauma
Staff Nurse, RN Neuro Trauma
Provided care for patients with neurological damage as a result from head trauma.
Provided care for patients with multi-trauma and multi systems injuries.
Provided care for ventilator patients.
Provided care for quad and paraplegic patients.
Developed and maintained intense care plans using the nursing process.
Catonsville Community College
Associates Degree in Nursing 1985
Registered Nurse (RN), State of Maryland
Similar ResumesPatient Access Representative
- emergency room, patient access, verifier, idx, emr,...Registered Nurse Manager Case Mental Health Nursing
- psychiatrist, nurse manager, nurse, cleaner,...Behavioral Health Director of Nursing
- aprn, denise, program director, ot, health nurse,...Manager Nurse Medical Mental Health Experience
- amgen, alvin, professional summary, bsn, lpn,...Quality Assurance Medical Mental Health Nursing
- mentally, goldsboro, parameters, rights,...Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- psychiatric nurse practitioner, psychiatric nurse,...Manager/Director /RN
- rn case manager, cardiac cath, rn case,...Mental Health New York Management Nurse Patient Care
- clinical nurse, bsn, rn, nurse, health nurse,...Nurse Practitioner Internal Medicine Nursing Registered
- chase, fnp, nurse practitioner, practitioner,...Nurse Registered Manager Nursing Medical Care
Upper Darby, PA
- signs, dietician, nurse manager, bala,...