Binghamton, New York 13901
Experienced Mechanical Engineer with strengths in design, hydraulics, field service, and testing of electro-hydraulic driven equipment. Highly successful in day-to-day work with customers, often under stressful conditions. Also experienced in a wide variety of computer applications.
Seeking a position as a Technical Consultant/Representative, Hydraulic, or Application Engineer for Engineering, Sales or Marketing branch, utilizing technical, cultural, and language skills gained in Eastern and Western Europe.
The Raymond Corporation, Greene, NY
Senior Hydraulic Engineer October, 2004 to April, 2009
• Work as a Senior Hydraulic Engineer to support product lines needs
• Provide leadership in hydraulic issues for warranty and cost reduction
• Responsible for product health and solving of hydraulic systems deficiencies
• Design new hydraulic systems, assist with expertise to new product development process and hydraulic systems enhancement activities
• Analyze and evaluate product performance and propose product enhancement and improvements
• Provide engineering and technical support to product teams
• Address customer issues to promote their satisfaction, enhance product performance and reliability
• As part of Toyota Industries' familiar with Toyota’s TPS philosophy
WABASH TECHNOLOGIES EUROPE, Huntington, IN
Launching Process Engineer April, 2004 to June, 2004
• Worked as a Process Launch Engineer for Wabash Technologies in U.K. and Slovakia
• Provided leadership for launching of new processes and technical support to process design and control team.
• Responsible for following APQP procedures and guidelines
• Familiar with process FMEA, PPAP, gauge R&R, Process Capability Studies, Design of Experiment and Statistical Process Control
• Reported and communicated project information to project team
JOHN DEERE SEEDING GROUP (Volt Services), Silvis, IL
Test Engineer March, 2002 to March, 2003
• Worked as a Test Engineer on variety of testing projects related to hydraulic systems for Air Seeding and Planter equipment at Worldwide Product Development.
• Defined and developed new standards and test procedures to reduce testing time and complete the test objectives in a more efficient way.
• Used statistical tools for test analysis to determine product life cycle and life to failure time (Weibull evaluation software).
• Prepared final reports for product evaluation, summarized and analyzed findings and made conclusions and recommendations.
JOHN DEERE SEEDING GROUP (Volt Services), Moline, IL
Hydraulic Engineer September, 2001 to March, 2002
• Worked as a Project Engineer with John Deere Seeding Group and was responsible for the coordination of the strategic plan for resources required for the manufacture of hydraulic cylinders.
• Developed and defined design criteria, standards and specifications for hydraulic cylinders.
• Generated and reviewed requirement drawings for manufacture of special cylinders.
• Optimized requirement and application needs to gain benefits in delivery, performance,
cost, quality, technical support and also to match the cylinder design with supplier core competencies.
• Communicated with suppliers to implement application requirements, reviewed and approved their proposal documentation.
SPX FLUID POWER, Rockford, IL Project Engineer 6/1999-5/2001
• Specializing in research and development of new hydraulic components and accessories for mobile, industrial, and agricultural applications. Selected as Team Leader for the new AC and DC Hydraulic Power Units.
• Designed compact hydraulic power packs tailored to customer specifications, resulting in significant increase in sales to the largest customer of SPX.
• Developed new standards and test procedures, which reduced cost and assembly time and also improved quality.
• Successfully completed a variety of engineering and tech-support projects to help SPX Manufacturing meet its customers’ needs more efficiently.
• Work included extensive testing, evaluation of new products and solving quality problems.
• Familiar with the CE Marking approval process of products designed for European markets.
JOHN DEERE HARVESTER WORKS (The Sedona Group) Project Engineer 4/1997-11/1998
• Worked on the Ukraine project, preparing manufacturing facilities in the Ukraine. Completed training to be the company’s permanent on-site representative.
• Underwent extensive training in different fields to attain a broad knowledge and understanding of the John Deere manufacturing philosophy and production management system.
• Trained in processing, operation, and economics of new advanced technologies, such as CNC punches, progressive forming, and laser cutting systems. Able to thoroughly apply acquired engineering principles.
• Familiar with Deere information systems IMS10, RMDS and TS012.
• As a Manufacturing and Design Engineer in the Header Manufacturing department, was involved in the corrective action process and was very successful in resolving problems.
NOMURA ENTERPRISE, INC., Rock Island, IL Project Engineer 1/1992 – 4/1997
• Engineer specializing in cross-referencing of international design standards to U.S. equivalence.
• Designed, as well as wrote evaluation reports for technical support of Military Weapon Systems and Commercial Systems under U.S. Government and non-government contracts. This involved interaction of electronics, mechanics, and hydraulics.
• Also provided engineering support for manufacturing, measurement and control, quality control, and computer science.
SLOVAK INSTITUTE FOR TESTING OF INSTRUMENTS Piestany, Slovakia 1987 – 1992
Project Engineer and Team Leader whose responsibilities included:
• Testing hydraulic elements and mechanisms such as pressure, flow, directional, servo, and proportional valves, rotational transfer elements, cylinders, etc.
• Specialized in cooling techniques for sub-zero temperature testing.
• Applied computer sciences for measuring fluid pressure and flow, power, distance, temperature, torque, and cleanliness, resulting in higher efficiency of testing processes.
• Technical Consultant and Instructor to a large number of customers, enabling them to complete their projects on time and within budget.
TESLA, Piestany, Czechoslovakia Design Engineer 1980 - 1987
• Project and Design Engineer for designing and developing complex production machinery and supporting electronic equipment for manufacturing of semiconductor elements, such as diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits.
• Developed and implemented manufacturing processes, quality control, and testing procedures for regulation and control systems.
CFPHS – Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist, Fluid Power Society, 2000
MS – Mechanical Engineering, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, 1988.
Application of Computer Science in Testing of Hydraulic Elements
MS – Mechanical Engineering, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, 1979.
Automation, Instrumentation, Control Devices and Measuring Equipment
BS – Mechanical Engineering, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, 1978.
LANGUAGES Fluent in English, Slovak, Czech, and Russian. Familiar with German.
COMPUTER Proficient in basic computer applications as Word, Excel, Access, Exchange, Netscape, AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, and others.
REFERENCES Upon request.
United States - developed, lines, engineer, complete,...
Mechanical Engineer Engineering
United States - v5, catia, mechanical, mechanical engineer,...
Truck spoter, forklift driver,production worker
United States - hydraulic, diesel, driver, justin, truck driver,...
United States - engine, hydraulic, diesel, mechanical, ase, duty,...
United States - hydraulic, drilling, technician, sea,...
Customer Service Maintenance
United States - hydraulic, mechanic, diesel, justin, rig,...
Maintenance Technician High School
United States - hydraulic, maintenance technician, robotics, plc,...