New York Service Marketing Manager Operations
|JAMES A. HAMMOND
** ***** ****, *********, *******
Marine Insurance ~ Logistics ~ Vessel Operations
United States Coast Guard 1600-ton Licensed Master/2nd Mate Unlimited (expired) and BS in Nautical Science; as well as additional training gained through multiple courses/seminars offered the North of England P&I Club/Nautical Institute.
Broad-based experience in diverse areas of marine industry, with expertise gained in international service with P&I Clubs, providing consultation on multiple issues including loss prevention, cargo security, hull claims, drydock repair supervision, assessing pre-purchase vessel condition and air/marine cargo damage, and working as a consultant and surveyor for the American Bureau of Shipping Marine Services in Singapore.
Additional capabilities in such areas as Salvage Operations, Charter Party Dispute Resolution, Warehouse Inspections/Audits, Domestic/Foreign Logistics Overviews, Advanced Loss of Profits (ALOP) and Delay in Start-Up (DSU) Projects, Load/Lashing Supervision, Small Craft/Yacht Surveys and Offshore/Oil Field Operations or all major marine underwriters for ocean and inland marine policies.
Thorough understanding of international shipping legal and operational conventions and standards; knowledgeable in shipping operations in the Italy, England, Germany, Newfoundland, South America and Africa.
In an earlier assignment, served as Mate and Dredgemaster on the largest U.S. flag trailing suction hopper dredge, with operational service in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Africa, Jamaica and Florida; also successfully provided service in Hong Kong for the W.K. Webster Group, with offices in New York, London and Singapore.
Highly effective in providing personnel supervision, with well-established strengths in developing interpersonal relationships which are critical to effective management, problem/issue resolution and serving as a team member or taking a lead role.
Strong capabilities in buying, selling and marketing services and in establishing comprehensive organizational policies/procedures geared toward maximizing organizational capabilities and positively impacting company profits.
Vice President and Director of Global Marine Operations
Regional Reporting Marine Division, Inc., New York, NY 2010 -2012
• Effectively oversee all day-to-day worldwide marketing and marine surveying operations in regards to ocean and inland marine loss prevention and claims.
Assistant Vice President of Loss Control Services
Starr Marine Agency of New York, Inc., New York, NY 2004 - 2010
• Successfully directed domestic and international shipping operations, with focus on safeguarding underwriter/Starr interests.
• Demonstrated excellent managerial and leadership skills through strategically assigning surveyors internationally; served as consultant, providing advice regarding underwriter risks for new and existing accounts at Home Office.
JAMES A. HAMMOND
Western Pacific Marine, Ltd., Hong Kong 1991 - 2004
• Performed consulting, ship surveying, claims management, casualty investigations and cargo supervision in area of operation that included Hong Kong, China and most Pacific Rim nations, interacting heavily with major P&I clubs and Marine Underwriters in Asia.
Mate & Dredgemaster employed by Dredge Operators performing land reclamation in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Africa, Jamaica and Florida onboard trailing suction hopper dredge.
Third Mate with American Dredging on trailing suction hopper dredge in Texas and Florida performing channel widening and beach replenishment.
Tug & Barge Mate & Relief Captain at Moran Towing navigating tug and barge units in New York Harbor, New England and Southeast transporting Number 2, 4 and 6 fuel oil shipments.
Production Foreman employed by General Dynamics directing six personnel engaged in manufacturing deep-sea cargo ships, managing rigging operations for all heavy lifts, transportation of subassemblies to ships under construction, ensuring completion of government contracts and instructing staff in various work techniques.
Operation & General Manager with Lines By Design overseeing operations for this parking lot maintenance company and performing sales and marketing in Boston, MA, area.
Mate & Chief Mate for Zapata Marine Service operating AHTS/Towing vessels near Africa, Italy, England, Germany, Newfoundland and Alaska,Mexico.
Mate employed by Crowley Maritime & Transportation Company sailing world’s largest tug and barge combinations and RORO vessels in Caribbean and South American waters to U.S. ports.
Marine Maritime Academy, Castine, ME
Bachelor of Science, Nautical Science
North of England P&I Club
Additional relevant courses and seminars for MNI
Member Ship Owners Association, Hong Kong
Similar ResumesSales Business Management Marketing Development
- rosenberg, aptitude, trader, musician,...Sales Marketing Manager Customer Service Business Development
- combined, township, business partner,...Professional Captain
- gmdss, tug, experince, barge, surveyor, harbour,...Customer Service Manager Sales High School Safety
- seaman, janitor, ordinary, marines, maritime,...Financial Advisor
- beacon, entrepreneur, nonprofit, financial advisor,...Sales, Manager, Director
- climbers, born, surge, dad, marketer, cabin, yoga,...Independent Sales Agent/Broker/Regional Sales Manager
- clarence, independent sales, katy, trademark,...Administrative Assistant Marketing Director Development
- fan, lead generation, marie, engagement, seo,...Self Storage Area Manager
- boss, him, lawn, frisco, watch, aim, spend, rent,...Quality Engineer /Manager
- automotive manufacturing, worthington, bearings,...