Project Manager Construction Management Electrical
|Lawrence J. Schuck, Project Manager
**** ********* ******
Indianapolis, Indiana 46250
Highlights of Qualifications:
• 25 years experience in management of design-build projects including civil, architectural, mechanical, HVAC, and electrical.
• Project management experience at 18 military/government installations
• Knowledge USACE EM 385-1-1; experience in hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability
• Experienced in estimating, budgeting, procurement, cost tracking & controls, scheduling and coordination of field and office personnel.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project .
• USACE Construction Quality management for Construction.
• Electric Arc Flash
• First Aid/CPR
• OSHA 24 Hour Training
• Appalachian Underground Corrosion Courses (beginning, intermediate, and advance courses)
• LakeshoreTolTest, Inc, 2009-Present
• Cal Inc, 1999-2005 and 2007-2009
• Thompson Thrift Construction, 2005-2007
• Environmental Monitor Systems Inc, 1994-1999
Relevant Project Experience
Project Manager, Design-Build Energy Upgrade, Andrews AFB, MD, $1.39M (09/2011-05/2012). Retrofit of plumbing, mechanical and lighting systems in seven mission support buildings and five dormitory buildings. All buildings will be occupied throughout construction.
Project Manager: Design-Build HVAC System Bulkeley Hall, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba $3M (11/2011-10-2012). Complete removal of the existing HVAC ductwork and RTU and the installation of new RTU and Air Cooled Chillers along with the upgrade the existing fire alarm system. This project was scheduled in two phases
Project Manager, Upgrade Bio-Hazard Exhaust, US Air Force Academy, CO, $4M (10/2011-11/2012). An upgrade of the bio-hazard exhaust system at the Consolidated Education and Training Facility (CETF)- Building 2355. Project will improve ventilation at the CETF, which including science laboratories, and engineering classroom and will be occupied during construction.
Project Manager, Design-Build Install PV System and Lighting Retrofits, Altus AFB, OK, $1M (06/2010-03/2011). Installation of a new 100kW DC rated photovoltaic (PV) grid system installed on an existing standing seam metal roof in Building 509. Lighting retrofits in Buildings 285 and 353 including new high efficiency T5/T8 light fixtures and new harmonic filters. Minimized interference to normal functions of occupied buildings during construction. Project completed ahead of schedule and below budget. Received an excellent CCASS rating
Project Manager, Design-Build Install Occupancy Sensors, Langley AFB, VA, $.6M (06/2010-04/2011). Installation of occupancy sensors in 71 buildings, for lighting control and conserve energy. All buildings were occupied during construction; ensured minimal interference to normal operations. This project received an above average CCASS rating.
Project Manager, Design-Build Repair of Base Wide EMCS, Grand Forks AFB, ND, $2M (01/2009-03/2010). Design and the construction for the upgrade and expansion of an existing Energy Management and Control System (EMCS) on Base to a Honeywell Enterprise Building Integration (EBI)/Energy Management System with new graphics. Also included the installation of 36 electric meters and retrofitting of 25 gas meters. Project earned Above Average CCASS rating.
Project Manager, Installation of Vehicle Containment Devices and Final Denial Barriers, Luke AFB, AZ, $8M (04/2009- 04/2010). Part of Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (AT/FP) upgrades to four entry gates. Project work included installation of pop-up barriers, retractable bollards, concrete barrier walls, masonry, and fencing. Site work included signalization controls, exterior lighting, drainage, and landscaping. Project performed with minimal impact to ongoing base operations.
Project Manager, Mechanical System Renovation, FAA- Washington ARTCC, Leesburg, VA, $4M (2007-2008). A three phase renovation project at the Air Routing Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) with a Project involved asbestos abatement throughout the entire building; selective demolition; and the installation of a self contained rooftop HVAC unit, new inline heater coils, 68 fan coil units, a wet and dry pipe fire suppression system, and interiors (ceilings, walls, floors, painting). Additional work included installation of chilled water air handling units, chilled water piping, chilled water insulation, VAV terminal units, DDC controls, exhaust fans, ductwork, ductwork insulation, and acoustical tile ceiling. Minimal impact to daily operations during construction in a occupied building.
Project Manager, Commercial Buildings Tenant Build Outs, statewide Indiana (2006).. Projects includes: IHOP Restaurant, $1.2M; Goddard School, $1.1M; Fort Wayne Shopping Center, $1M; Valparaiso Shopping Center, $2M; and Starbucks Coffee Shop, $750,000.
Project Manager, Design-Build Goodrich Building Additions, Fairfield, CA, $1M (2005). Design and construction room additions at three existing buildings. Project work included underground utility relocations and the installation of keyways, concrete work, structural, electrical, HVAC, roofing, interior finish work, and the construction of blow out panels.
Project Manager, Remodeling and New Construction, Fairfield United School District, Fairfield, CA, $3M (2005). Renovate all restroom in three school facilities to meet ADA regulations. Other work included the installation of a new roof system for all of the main buildings; the installation of a new fire system, voice over IP telephone system, and intercom system; new GPS clock system in 30 buildings; and installation of new main electrical distribution panels for three schools. In addition, four buildings were demolished and new library and computer rooms were added on to existing buildings.
Project Manager, Veteran Administration IDIQ Contract, Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, $5M (2000-2004). Managed 36 task order contracts involving demolition, interior finishes (ceilings, walls, floors, painting), HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, wet sprinkler systems, and electrical renovations. Additional work included installation of chilled water air handling units, chilled water piping, chilled water insulation, VAV terminal units, DDC controls, exhaust fans, ductwork, and ductwork insulation. All work was performed in an occupied facility; ensured minimal impact to ongoing operations. Responsible for all take offs, pricing, negotiations, supervision, closeout, and billings.
Project Manager, Facility Renovation, Grissom AFB, IN, $3M (1999). Renovate several facilities on base and the construction of a new racquetball facility. Work consisted of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, wet sprinkler system, concrete, and interior finishes with minimum impact to base operations.
Project Manager, Environmental Cleanup, Minot AFB, ND, $2M (2008). Project consisted of excavating, transporting, and chemical treatment of 150,000 cy of contaminated soil with minimal impact to base operations.
Project Manager, Fueling System Installation, Department of Natural Resources, IN, $1.3M (1998). Remove, remediation, and installation of new fueling systems at 17 sites throughout southern Indiana. Locations were in state parks and forestry facilities. Work consisted of demolition, earthwork, site work, concrete work, electrical, and plumbing work.
Project Manager, Building Renovation, US Air Reserve Base, Little Rock, AR, $1.1M (1997-1998). Managed complete facelift of existing building. Construction consisted of removal of existing roof and installation of pre-engineered trusses and new standing seam roof. Also, re-installed new brick veneer, along with new exterior windows and complete interior upgrade. Construction performed in occupied building with minimal impact to daily operations.
Project Manager, US Army Corps of Engineers (1996-1998). Managed the
following projects with minimal interference to normal operations during construction:
• Blue Grass Army Depot Richmond, KY, $100,000 - TNT contaminated soil cleanup
• Jefferson Proving Grounds Madison, IN, $1.1M - Cleanup of lead and yellow sulfur contaminated soils and removal and disposal of 155 unexploded ordinances
• Naval Air Warfare Center, Crane, IN, $1.5M - Demolition of three buildings and removal of underground storage tanks (USTs) and aboveground storage tanks (ASTs); cleanup of 50,000 cy of contaminated soil
• Fort Benjamin Harrison Army Facility Indianapolis, IN, $1.6M - Demolition of four buildings; cleanup of 200,000 cy of contaminated soils; and construction of a new office building
• Grissom AFB, IN, $1.2M - Removal of 19 UST’s; soil remediation; installation of 19 ASTs; cleaning of 6-1,000,000 gallon ASTs
• Fort Campbell Army Base, KY/TN, $500,000 - Removal and soil remediation of 15 USTs
References Upon Request
Similar ResumesProject Manager Management Construction Electrical
Canada, Kelowna, BC
- budget analysis, materials management, 200k,...Project Manager
- substations, gujrat, computer skills, scada,...Electrical Engineer Power Plant Project Manager
- doctorate, computer skills, substation, pv,...High School, Some College, Welder, Robotic Maintenance
- lawrenceville, welder, sleep, harness, solar,...Project Manager Management Construction High School
- peri, crain, derek, zinc, barge, nails, pile,...Project Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Service Manager
- kandahar, bms, electrical project, foremen,...Electrical Entry Level Construction Project Management
- electrical contractor, mta, photovoltaic,...Engineer Electrical Customer Service Engineering
Cedar Rapids, IA
- microprocessor based, etap, buck, wind turbine,...Project Manager Management Entry Level Construction
- general contractor, engineering management,...Solar PV Installer
- caretaker, pv, installer, cdl, mold, solar,...