Extensively experienced and goal-oriented Government Corporate and Contract Compliance Director with a demonstrated track record of leading large corporations implementation, liaison, submission, monitoring, supporting, negotiating, and closing Federal direct/indirect contract cost. Prepared, submitted, supported, and negotiated over twenty Incurred Cost Submissions. Proven expertise in driving cost accounting and non-cost accounting changes from beginning to end. Talented leader and trainer on FAR and CAS, including assessing corporate risk and directing highly skilled financial management teams to support achievement of overall corporate goals and objectives and providing training skills to ensure government compliance. Core competencies include:
• Compliance Management
• Executive Communication
• DCAA & DCMA Liaison
• Risk Assessment
• Disclosure Statements
• Cost Accounting Changes
• Indirect Rate Management
• Incurred Cost Submission
• FAR and CAS Compliance
• Direct/Indirect Analysis
• Forward Pricing
• Contract Billing/Closeout
K-C PMC (USFK Base Relocation), Seoul, Korea, 2009 – 2010, Compliance Manager
Managed the compliance activities with a multimillion consortium of Korean and US Partners for the Korean and Federal Government. The function included six annual incurred cost submissions, DCAA liaison, rate monitoring, provisional rates, Disclosures Statement maintenance, and Rate Structure changes.
• Prepared and Submitted Incurred Cost and Rate Monitors.
• Supported DCAA audits including Incurred Cost, Billing System, Accounting systems, Labor Floor checks, and Disclosure Statement Adequacy.
• Prepared Rate Models and made rate structure change to accommodate a Joint Venture Payroll.
IAP Worldwide Services, Cape Canaveral, Florida, 2007 – 2009, $1 Billion Federal Revenue, Director Compliance
Directed compliance management functions including Incurred Cost Submissions (using Deltek Cost Point), budgeting forecasting and Forward Pricing, health and liability self insurance plans, contract closeout, costing policies and procedures, and cost and system impact changes. Advising executives and managers on compliance issues including risk assessment and allowability. Taking logical and assertive positions on questioned DCAA audit findings.
• Finalized Incurred Cost Submissions (2001 thru 2005) with minimal questioned costs.
• Convinced contracting officer to remove DCAA questioned cost of 16 million on closed contract through data support and continual pursuit.
• Instituted non-cost accounting organization changes, matching company vision with no cost impact.
KBR, Houston, DC, Kuwait, 1999 - 2007, $8 Billion Federal Revenue, Compliance Manager
From preparation thru negotiation 5 years of Incurred Cost Submissions during company’s high growth with adherence to practices, disclosure statements, and CAS/FAR. Submitted, supported, and settled CAS non-compliances and favorable cost accounting practice changes. Liaison with DCAA/DCMA while the company became a “major” contractor. Built and led teams in carrying out special projects including payroll to labor reconciliation, incurred to financial statement reconciliation, and booked to billed reconciliation.
• Guided and advised compliant pricing with adherence to disclosure statement and CAS. Includes pricing a winning $230 million competitive bid Navy proposal.
• Successfully completing CAS 416 and CAS 418 non-compliances including disclosure statement and cost impact changes, netting amounts that were below reserves.
• Developed compliance training for executive and staff.
• Liaison with DCAA for the Restore Iraqi Oil project in Iraq (2003).
Environmental Science & Engineering, Peoria, Illinois, 1993 to 1999, $500 Million Federal Revenue, Federal Accounting Director
Covered all aspects of Federal accounting and compliance including Incurred Cost Submissions, proposals, contracts, database management, DCAA/DCMA liaison, training and cost impacts.
• Filed and supported, gaining the Governments acceptance of favorable indirect rate structures, on-site indirect rates and market priced labor rates.
• Convinced management to negotiate an additional $300K profit.
• Established policies and procedures regarding revenue recognition, time recording, proposal preparation, bid/no bid decisions, incurred submissions and bidding and billing rates.
Brunswick Defense, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, 1989 to 1993, $500 Million Federal Revenuek, Manager Internal Controls, Controller, Senior Contract Administrator
• As Manager Internal Controls developed internal controls systems and audits. Performed operational, compliance, and financial reviews.
• As Controller, functions included financial reporting and forecasting, proposal preparations, cost accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, information systems, and contracting.
• As Senior Contract Administrator negotiated and administered twenty commercial and government contracts totaling $20 million. Developed and negotiated proposals.
Additional Employment History
Motorola, Phoenix, Arizona, 1986 to 1989,
Financial Analyst, Senior Auditor
KPMG Peat Marwick Main (Big Four), Phoenix Arizona, 1984 to 1985, Senior Auditor
Acosta, Cordova and Pittman, Phoenix Arizona, 1983 to 1984, Auditor
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL
CPA - Arizona
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA – Cedar Falls, Iowa
Former Administrative Assistant at Dr. Lee's Clinic
Park Ridge, IL - korean, investments, law, ophthalmic, forms,...
New York, NY - korean, sales staff, korea, summer, accountant,...
New York, NY - korean, interpreter, lady, top, english, financial,...
Denver, CO - korean, financial advisor, c.p.a., accountant,...
Canada, Mississauga, ON - korean, japanese, accounting, bookkeeping,...
Customer Service Project Manager
Manassas, VA - korean, ppt, interpreter, architect, training,...
Do you need a babysitter
Harrisonburg, VA - korean, p.m., mail, smart, va, care, license,...