Engineer Entry Level Sales Project Engineering
|MARK M. KRUPO
***** *. ******** ***** *** Berlin, WI 53151 hm (262) ***-**** cell(414) ***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
A position that will use my creativity, problem solving, interpersonal and engineering skills in a decision making position.
Milwaukee School of Engineering. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering – May 1996
Passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Modine Manufacturing Company, Commercial Products Group (HVAC) – Racine, WI
Sr. Principle Engineer 2006-present
• Manage the heating family of products that includes gas-fired, electric, steam, and hydronic units. The heating products annual sales are in excess of $30 million.
• Work with upper level management to determine direction for the heating group focusing on future products and profit potential. Create budget. Goal of creating innovative, high quality products that generate a value stream for the company.
• Supervise a group of engineers as well as coordinate contracted work. Includes assigning projects/tasks, evaluating performance, determining compensation increases, resolving personality/employment issues.
• Expert Witness as an incident investigator for the heating products. Travel in the field when legal claims are alleged against the product families. Evaluate scene and product tracing root cause to reduce risk for company.
• Involved in the many names and faces of quality such as APQP, Six-Sigma, FMEA’s, ISO, etc…
Continuous Product Improvement
Initiated communication link between purchasing, inventory control and product management to realize cost savings objectives. Organized and lead cross-functional group to identify, prioritize, and achieve the goal of adding savings directly to the bottom line. Laid out the concept and process to capture the low hanging fruit along with more complex engineered tasks for a 2-3% annual profit target. This idea gave birth to a continuous improvement objective that is used as a valuable communication tool keeping dialog open between the manufacturing plant and corporate.
Electronic Engineering Orders
Conceived the idea of a paperless routing system for product improvements and change requests. Essentially took the engineering change order for all product introductions and updates and stream-lined the system reducing the processing time by 15%. This included the electronic exchange of information with various levels of approval allowing tasks to be completed with fewer resources.
Project to bring high efficiency heating into the commercial/industrial market. About $3.8 million in sales projected over 5 years with an internal rate of return of 21%. Involved with project from concept to completion. Responsibilities included design decisions, master schedule, evaluate components, negotiate with suppliers, direct tasks, resolve issues, analyze data, deliver presentations, work with cross-disciplined teams.
Rooftop Packaged Units
Air delivery units for heating, cooling, and make-up-air. Led project team developing world class product platform for new offering. The underlying philosophy addressed material control, modular assembly, and service. The design included unique multi-use parts among assemblies with process flow based on turret assembly methods. Incorporated into the design are smart grouped components with moveable assemblies for serviceability. The platform allows expansion into a new market extolling the benefits of high efficiency “green” products. The end user saves money on green tax credits while the company enjoys an estimated 64% profit margin on the product line.
Bent Tube Heater
Introduced new style of heat exchanger for product line based on extensive feasibility study. Product filled a market gap increasing the product line revenues by 27%. Involved from concept to finished product. Project was maintained on schedule over a two year period that successfully achieved the estimated ship date. Continuously improved product during development stage to capture additional $250,000 in material and labor savings.
Developed a product to break into the European market. Teamed with out-sourced company to design a product line based on European standards. The European standards are more stringent than the US requirements. Resource and correspond with suppliers in other countries. Coordinate tasks with out-sourced company, support development with in-house testing. Oversee monies for development, certification testing, and part procurement.
Modine Manufacturing Co.
Design Engineer 1996
• Entry level position.
Strong and responsible communicator. Creative problem-solver. Self-starter that is highly organized. Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, Solid Edge. Updating computer hardware/software.
Volunteer at Children’s Hospital, coach youth sports, handyman work, art.
Similar ResumesElectrical Engineer Project Manager Senior Construction
New Orleans, LA
- consulting engineering firm, consulting...Mechanical Engineer Manager Engineering Estimator
Diamond Bar, CA
- schwartz, interiors, manager engineering,...Engineer Mechanical Design Designer Engineering
- sulfur, gsk, layouts, pipes, piping designer,...Engineer Design Engineering Development Manufacturing
- pressure vessel, mode, wind turbine, blade, fea,...Engineer Quality Assurance Design Engineering
Elm Grove, WI
- mode, blade, fea, treatment plant, techno,...Engineering Manager
- gravure, flexographic, pressroom, ehs, pe, diver,...Engineer Electrical Project Manager Construction
- saipem, jubail, jv, june 2012, qa qc engineer,...Quality Control Inspector
- currently, quality control inspector,...Engineer Quality Assurance Design Engineering
Elm Grove, WI
- blade, marshall, fea, treatment plant, techno,...Design Quality Control Manufacturing Engineering
- safety training, zimmer, implants, sheetmetal,...