"An ambitious and hard working individual, my significant tenures at highly respected companies are testament to my commitment and ability. I handle multiple tasks on a daily basis competently, working well under the pressure. Frequent acknowledgment of my contribution from senior management illustrates still further my potential value to your company."
Summary of Experience:
Industries: Oil and Gas (Onshore & Offshore Platforms & FPSO)
Conceptual, FEED, Detail Engineering, Support to Procurement, Installation, Testing and Commissioning.
FPSO, Well Head and Jack-Up Platforms, FSO, LQ, Aviation Storage Tank etc.
India ,Middle East, Nigeria
Instrumentation sizing software
AutoCAD / Micro station /PDMS/PDS/
Proprietary Control Softwares (ICSS, SCADA, DCS, PLC, OPC server etc.)
Detail Professional Experience:
From September 2010 working with Worley Parsons Engineering Ltd in (Lagos) Nigeria as a Lead Instrumentation Engineer for Conceptual FUNIWA project of Chevron Nigeria limited where developments of three offshore platforms with four well head platform of high pressure wells
Worked as a Head of Instrumentation department with Technip Engineering Ltd. From May 2006 to July 2010
Responsible of Instrumentation department (under the Engineering Sub-Division) for the organization, management of the staff and of technical aspects of the section. This covers the following:
Staff control within the section
Responsibility for the technical support within the section
Responsibility for the quality and standards management within the section
Contact point for the section towards hierarchy
Plan, co-ordinate and control the development of Engineering for Project activities performed inside or outside the Company in accordance with project/client requirements. Assure compliance with Project interfaces and supervise in-out information flow.
Working on project as a Instrumentation Lead Engineer
1) Inputs to Tender, job start-up 2) Acquires and understands the Project goals from Contract specific documentation. 3) Contributes to define the list of activities, list of deliverables, time schedule, and control of activities in accordance with Contract requirements. 4) Produces a detailed list of in / out critical information to be closely monitored by PM for a correct course of the project. 5) Performs in the design review. Job progress and completion 6) Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillments of the project requirements 7) Takes any corrective action within the group for more extensive problems 8) Sizing of process and safety Instrument in accordance with the technical instruction 9) Document prepares and reports actual progress for Discipline activities, within estimated men-hours 10) Coordinates the evaluation of the design changes to the original scope of work and verifies the implementation 11) Is aware and keeps track of all interface information 12) Preliminary Prepares, Checks and signs all produced documents 13) attends to review activities and inter-discipline check meetings. 14) Provides technical support to Project group. 15) Reports to the Project Managements staff and to the Client whenever required. 16) Prepares the feedback dossier
• P&ID Development (Support to Process)
• Reviews -HAZOP,HAZID,SIL,(for TOTAL-PTA,STOP)
• Cause & Effects (Safety Analysis Chart _Process)
• Hazardous Classification
• Instrument Index, Instrument Specification, and Data Sheets
• Technical Evaluation of Instruments, ICSS,DCS, PLC and PAC
• Technical Purchasing Orders and Supplier Drawing/Data for Squad Check
• FAT ( Factory Acceptable Test)
• Skid Packages: Diesel Engine, Fuel gas, metering / Fiscal, Flare system, Transfer Pumps, Floatation, Skimming, Water Treatment, Hydraulic units, HME and so on
• Sizing Control Valves, PSV/PVSV, Orifices
• Choke Valves, HIPPS Valves
• Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
• ICSS, DCS, PLC, PAC
• Subsea Control System (with Electronics and Hydraulics Control System included Interface of Umbilical)
• Foundation Field Bus Segments and DD files
• Fire and Gas Safety systems
• SIS systems
• Commissioning, start-up, troubleshooting and maintenance
• BOSIET Certification
1. Lead Instrumentation Engineer for the FPSOs, Well Head and Jack-Up Platform, projects at Nigeria (Lagos) with MNC Engineering company from May 2006
Last five years attributes in Projects:
Funiwa gas project conceptual and early FEED -(Upcoming new 3 platforms and 4 unman facilities for Chevron)
Egina FPSO FEED/Basic Engineering (for Total)
OAGM project for five platform FEED/Basic (Chevron) & Construction (in 2010-2011)
EGP3B,Ph-I ,Ph-II & PH-3 projects for nine platform FEED/Basic & Detail engineering (for Chevron)
Aviation onshore storage tank project pre-FEED/Basic & Detail engineering (EPC for SAHARA)
Worked on Exxon Mobil and Total Project (Short terms brown field projects)
Asaboo, Iyak field, Inim field and Erha North P-II- FPSO (for Exxon Mobil)
Usan FPSO, Ponticelli FSO (modification for Total)
Jack-Up, Well head Plate Forms
Prepare the Project schedule, Project MDR & CTR for the Instrumentation system
Supervising Team members
Review the Basis of Design with team and finalize the feasibility of the Design proceedings.
Prepare the Detail Engineering Basis according to the Project scope and issue the client approval.
Based on the DEB and DCR following activity & documents are products of engineering.
• Philosophies, Specifications, Data sheets and Technical inputs to the layout drawings
• Preliminary preparation of Panel’s Drawings, (Included-Electronics, Hybrid, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Safety System Control Panel with termination cabinets)
• Design Studies for flow control Instrument,
• Safety & Control Valve sizing by manual using standard formula/software.
• System Studies and technical reviews.( Value Engineering review , Design Review and Constructability Review)
• Issue all the documents to Discipline Engineers for IDC and incorporate the valid comments from Discipline Engineers.
• Issue documents / drawings to Client for approval
• Prepare the RFQ (Request for Quotation) with the necessary approved Documents
• Receive the Quotation from the bidders; arrange the technical bid evaluation and commercial bid evaluation with Client and Bidders.
FPSO-Projects Conceptual / FEED Engineering
Prepared conceptual Engineering document for level-II estimate of the project.
Prepared for Pre-FEED Engineering estimated man hours, schedule, CTR
Document prepared during FEED engineering the Instrumentation Design Basis, Preliminary Instrument list and System Control Schematic diagram Integrated Control safety system (ICSS) for the Top side and Hull Control system for Hull, Interface document for vendor’s package, Telecommunication ,Sub sea system and Offloading terminal
Discuss and get approval from Client for the Instrumentation Design Basis, Safety System, critical field Instrument and Control System Schematic Diagram.
Prepared the Over all control room architecture layout with the preliminary panel boards dimension
Prepared the Philosophy, Specifications for the following system:
• Instrumentation & control system specification
• Instrumentation Grounding Philosophy
• Integrated Control and Safety System Philosophy
• Interface with Vendor’s Packages and other disciplinary requirements
• Interface with Sub-sea System
• Calculate Heat & Power requirements of systems
• Calculate total weight of equipment related to the Instrument & Control system
• Preliminary materials takeoff
• Sizing of critical and long lead equipments
• Working Battery limits documents (limits between vendors, disciplines and contractors)
• Request for Quotation for long lead item (RFQ)
Submitted the Specification and Datasheets for IDC and Client approval. Had a detailed discussion with Client and got the approval to purchase the Equipment.
RFQ for the Instrument Equipments and get the quotations / prepared the comparative statements and conducted technical discussion and commercial negotiation with various vendors. Select the vendor with the best delivery, within budgetary cost with value added support.
Based on the centralized control system match with various vendor & sub-vendor control system prepared the philosophy of the over all control systems with interlocks. Discuss with the Client and got the approval for the control Philosophy of the systems.
Based on the Vandalized diagrams, finalize the Over all Control Schematic drawings and Block diagram, Interface with other system.
Prepared the cable and tubing schedule and issued for procurement / construction.
Preliminary sizing of Flow elements, Safety Valve and Control valve
2. Worked as a Lead Instrumentation Engineer (EPC) for the Petroleum Development Of Oman (PDO) from June 2004 to May 2006
Understand the Contracts clearly and prepare the schedule and planning for the project.
Have a technical discussion with the vendors.
Co-ordinate with EPC Contractor.
Prepare the Engineering Deliverables and Construction follow-up. Conduct the weekly technical discussion with Engineering Contractor.
Contact point for the section towards hierarchy
Co-ordinate with Engineering Team
Construction follow-up with standard and Safety till successfully hand over to production with Zero LTI.
Attend the Site Inspection with the Engineering team.
Coordinating with the construction team to achieve the goal as per the Schedule.
Involve in the cost implication with the Management Team.
Involve in the Testing and Commissioning of the Control systems.
Make a good relationship with the Contractors to achieve the Goal as per the Schedule.
3. Worked as a Chief SCADA Engineer with Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) for Offshore Bombay high Production Platform (India) from May 1995 to Feb 2003.
4. E&I Engineer at– Assam (India) with Sun-Down (Schlumberger) (Onshore Rig) Feb 1994 to April 1995.
5. Worked as a Technical Head with YAHAL USA Inc Feb 1989 to Jan 1994
6. Technical Consultant on call basis contract with Multinational Company From May1987 to Feb 1989
B.E (Electronics). Year-1985. From -Bombay University (India).
Total experience: 24 Years
Nationality: Indian, Nigeria(Lagos) PR
Date of birth: 14th September 1962
Awards and membership of professional bodies
Chartered Institution of Engineers (India) 1987
Similar ResumesTransportation Operation
- davao, tanker driver, hsse, laboratory manager,...Lead Instrumentation engineer
- fpsos, level ii, fso, termination, fpso,...Management Environmental Risk Safety Health Construction
- pha, capital projects, cruz, stewardship, oe,...Project Engineer / Subsea Engineer
Coconut Creek, FL
- batching plant, subsea, riser, jee, surveyor,...Engineer Manager Project Engineering Customer Service
Los Angeles, CA
- oil refinery, epcm, exxonmobil, mechanical project,...Maintenance Mechanical Manager Engineer Customer Service
- every, derivative, reciprocating, trabajo,...Sales Development Business Production Project Management
- surfactant, lamination, ta, opc, polyurethane,...Jose Ramos Resume. Petroleum Eng.
- fracturing, nct, petroleum engineer, cementing,...Quality Assurance Engineer Manager Development
- research engineer, associate director,...CIO - VP - Director - IT Management - Consultant
- management systems, others, zero, tactical,...