Olive Branch, MS
To Whom It May Concern:
It is with great pleasure that I am researching employment opportunities within your organization. I believe that my organizational, management and interpersonal communication skills along with my outstanding work ethic would be greatly beneficial to your company. As such, I believe I received excellent training in business and consequently would work well for the company. Additionally, my experiences in business and working with teams have prepared me to fill the current vacancy in your organization for which I am applying.
My current position with Con-Way Freight has supplemented my distribution and managerial experience. I have added the responsibilities of accounting for incoming merchandise and ensuring that it reaches the customer undamaged. Also, I developed Human Resources skills to be able to hire good worker. My previous position with CitiFinancial, I have developed managerial and sales skills. My education and work experiences have prepared me to pursue opportunities within your company. While employed by Con-Way Trucking, I gained hands-on training in distribution. I acquired information regarding warehouse procedures and safety. I learned to proficiently operate warehouse machinery including the forklift. I was responsible for routing and scheduling deliveries as well as training delivery personnel. This experience provided me with skills that are transferable to your company.
I have enclosed my resume showing my work experiences. I possess the skills and
motivation that will be an asset to the future of your organization.
Please contact me to discuss how my qualifications would best meet the needs of your organization. I look forward to further discussion with you. Please note that I am immediately available for employment and am willing to relocate within the U.S. Thank you for your consideration.
8869 Youngblood Road
Olive Branch, MS 38654
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging position in an environment that will allow me to utilize my experience in organizational management, financial analysis, and business development.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Customer Assurance and Public Relations:
• Solicit potential customers and sell the company's services.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Develop rapport/cooperation with clients, assess needs, and respond efficiently and effectively to client concerns.
• Assist facility management with policies, procedures, programs, and technical questions.
• Maintain accurate inventory and appealing warehouse.
Supervisory and Management Skills:
Manage 800,000 sq.ft. distribution Center with 250 doors.
• Monitor individual employee and departmental production and expense objectives in order to maximize performance. Supervise 50 distribution employees, over 250 total employees.
• Create department operations plans and daily objectives to meet service, quality and budgetary objectives.
• Ensure that all time-keeping, payroll records, and productivity standards are kept up-to-date and accurate.
• Make appropriate decision regarding budgetary issues.
• Prepare and manage employees.
• Prepare monthly branch reports to analyze and summarize branch performance
• Oversee daily operation of markets and developed closing reports.
• Analyze Freight Billing Reports. Have knowledge of OSHA rules and regulation.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Microsoft Outlook Express
• Fax and Copy machine
• Forklift operation
Master Black Belt Certification
Green Belt Certification
Belhaven College – Jackson, MS
Bachelor of Arts – May 2005
Major: Business Administration
Hinds Community College – Raymond, MS
Associate of Business – May 2002
Major: Business Administration
Con-Way Freight, Memphis TN
Freight Operations Supervisor
April 2008 to Present
USA Trucking, West Memphis, AR
Assistant Terminal Manager
July 2007 to April 2008
CitiFinancial, Bartlett, TN
Assistant Branch Manager
August 2005 to July 2007
HOBBIES AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
Phi Beta Lambda Business Fraternity
College Debate Team
RBI Inner City Youth Baseball Program, Volunteer
References: Available Upon Request
Olive Branch, MS - journeyman, electrician, motors, pneumatic,...
Sr. Level Operations & Sales
Olive Branch, MS - lean, metrics, labor, general manager,...
Administrative Assistant Customer Service
Olive Branch, MS - rental, car, bill, companies, jennifer,...
Customer Service Safety
Olive Branch, MS - safety, inspections, safety manager, input,...
Regional transportation Manager
Olive Branch, MS - provided, tractor, fleet, transportation, ms,...
Director of Distribution
Olive Branch, MS - operational, wms, distribution, facility, unit,...
Manager Air Force
Olive Branch, MS - managed, day, operating, force, orders, air force,...