Roberta J. Tanner, MLS(ASCP)cm**** ***** ******
Vienna, WV 26105
Objective: Motivated Medical Technologist seeking employment in the area of information technology. Currently looking for an opportunity to apply my technical and organizational skills to the rapidly growing discipline of healthcare informatics.
Qualifications: Significant experience in the Medical technology field having worked with the following hospital based information systems: Meditech, Citation (Cerner), and TDS (Eclipsys). Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word, knowledgeable with PowerPoint. Strong experience with the technical aspects of medical laboratory science and the background with multiple information systems make me an excellent candidate for the emerging healthcare information arena.
• Accurate, reliable, focused and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Work well under pressure and time constraints in high volume, busy environment
• Excellent judgment, attendance, communication, and supervisory skills
• Strong technical skills in all phases of Medical Laboratory Science
• Experience with construction of operational and procedural manuals and guides
• Trained in LEAN production methods with Rona and Associates, Michael Rona and Thomas Jackson
Halfpenny Technologies, Inc, Blue Bell, PA
• Feb 2012 to present: Clinical Data Specialist: Responsible for LOINC Code mapping, including information preparation and mapping. Other Clinical Data functions, as needed.
• Sept 2011 to Oct 2011: Clinical Data Specialist: Responsible for coordination of test dictionary maintenance of a wide range of electronic medical record and electronic health record systems on behalf of Halfpenny clients. Duties included following the established project plan, documenting progress, issues, changes, and other required metrics for each project, performing clinical testing and validation, hosting project status calls and for post-implementation support and troubleshooting of completed projects, Meaningful Use.
(The company experienced an unexpected downsizing and this position was eliminated.)
St. Joseph’s Hospital Laboratory, Parkersburg, WV May 1982 – Sept 2011
• June 2008 to September 2011: Hematology/Coagulation Supervisor: Responsible for all phases of daily operation of the hematology and coagulation department of the laboratory to meet regulatory requirements for College of American Pathologists and The Joint Commission. June 2011, added the role of urinalysis department supervisor.
• 1998 to 2008: Dayshift Technical Staff: Responsible for automated and manual testing; preventive maintenance; troubleshooting; support to the individual section supervisors with emphasis in chemistry and hematology/coagulation. Actively participated in many of the hospital’s LEAN kaizens.
• 1987 to 1998: Evening Shift Supervisor: Supervisor responsible for all phases of laboratory operations on the 2nd shift.
• 1982 to 1987: Generalist: Responsible for technical duties in chemistry, hematology and blood bank: voluntarily assisted chemistry supervisor with additional duties; utilized phlebotomy skills, including collection of arterial blood gases.
• University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, 2008 Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science, Cum laude
• Parkersburg Community College (Currently West Virginia University at Parkersburg), Parkersburg, WV,
1982 Associate in Applied Science in Medical Laboratory Technology, Cum laude
• West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 1979-80 Attended: General Studies GPA: 3.7
Certification and Licensure:
• American Society for Clinical Pathology Certificate, Medical Technologist 2008
• West Virginia State Licensure as a WV Clinical Laboratory Practitioner Medical Technologist Valid through 2/2013