RAZVAN M. COJOCARIU**** ********* ****
Corinth, Texas 76210
MECHANICAL / DESIGN ENGINEER - US CITIZEN
> Over 14 years progressive international experience in engineering, design, full assembly, and custom machine building from concept to final delivery.
> Known for ensuring quality and design accuracy on time and within budget, consistently meeting or exceeding client expectations.
> Recognized for reducing manufacturing time through accurate prototype fabrication.
> Effective project manager, successful in leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver superior results.
> Excellent written and verbal communicator, fluent in English and Romanian; conversant in German.
AREAS OF DESIGN EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
Unigraphics (all modules)
ASME y14.5 GD&T
Expert in UG Sketcher and Sheet Metal Modules
Testing / Validation
2D Drawings; 3D Solid Modeling
Conveyors / Sorting Machines
Quality Standards / ISO Regulations
SIEMENS ENERGY & AUTOMATION, ARLINGTON, TX (CONTRACTED THROUGH SWOOSH TECHNOLOGIES) - 2008 – 2009
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, INFRASTRUCTURE LOGISTICS DIVISION / SORTING MACHINES
* Developed and integrated custom material handling solutions, particularly Automated Mail Sorting Machinery, from concept through prototype.
* Designed solutions using 2D Drawings & 3D Solid Modeling; integrated third-party supplier components with Siemens assemblies.
* Released designed parts and assemblies with accurate engineering bill of materials (BOM) data through TEAMCENTER workflow process within schedule.
> Met or exceeded all customer schedules and requirements, collaborating with cross-functional groups including Technical Data Package Development, R&D, Procurement and Production, and Sustaining Engineering.
> Prepared working plans and 3D models of frame assemblies for automated sorting machines.
> Performed advanced mechanical design for mounting all electrical and electronic components such as power boxes, servo controllers, wiring and harness, and electronic sensors managing and administering data using 3D Solid Modeling Software and PLM application in TEAMCENTER. Follow GD&T techniques on all 3D Models.
> Compared and evaluated internal production costs of specific parts with outsourced production costs, proposing cost-efficient solutions to management.
> Tested prototypes to ensure synergy and proper functioning within intended purpose.
> Supported less experienced employees with expert advice, training, and technical assistance.
TRANSYLVANIA, LLC, CORINTH, TX - 2006 – 2008
CONSULTANT / INTERNATIONAL BUYER, INDUSTRIAL/CNC EQUIPMENT
* Facilitated strategic business partnerships and import activities between Romanian companies and U.S. firms in the industrial equipment and building materials/construction industries.
> Negotiated and executed an $800,000 CNC equipment licensing contract for the first local Romanian manufacturer of light gauge steel framing for residential and light commercial construction.
GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION, FLINT, PONTIAC, AND WARREN, MI - 1999 – 2006
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, MID-SIZE / LUXURY CARS, WELD STUDIES GROUP; STRUCTURES & CLOSURES, SEALER PATH DEVELOPMENT GROUP
* Recruited by GM and relocated from Romania to U.S. to design and manufacture Structures, Closures & Sealers, various checking fixtures, tooling, robots, and gauges using 2D and 3D Solid Modeling and GD&T procedures.
* Spent two years in welding design process robot welding tool, and four years designing automotive sealers.
* Produced engineering drawings per regulations and standards of performance for validation process.
> Ensured improvement of vehicle form and function while meeting cost efficiency standards by reviewing product design feasibility with project team members, identifying potential issues and recommending solutions.
> Reduced production and assembly time, ensured highest production efficiency, and guaranteed product cost effectiveness by recommending tool changes based on knowledge gained from shop follow-up.
> Created software enabling General Manager to quickly view and approve drawings and 3D models on non-Unigraphics system.
MARAU SERVICES, LTD., SIBIU, ROMANIA - 1994 – 1999
* Managed multiple projects for the manufacture of electrical and electronic components for video games, from conceptual design to product launch, at the first assembly plant of its kind in the country.
* Oversaw all pre-production stages while achieving project performance objectives on time and within budget, supervising five direct reports and teams of up to 50 people.
* Assembled various system components for coin-operated video games.
* Actively participated in product development process and approval process for prototype design/build, working closely with Design Team and directing design changes.
* Coordinated follow-up with internal and/or external resources on build progress status and equipment and production tooling needs.
* Ensured successful launch by meeting all deliverables, interacting cross-functionally with R&D, Manufacturing, Plant Production, Quality Control, and Purchasing.
General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T); Finite Element Analysis (FEA); Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA); Bill of Materials (BOM)
Physical testing and validation per GMP guidelines.
Unigraphics NX6; SolidWorks; AutoCAD; PLM/PDM/TEAMCENTER; SAP; Microsoft Office Suite; Lotus Notes
Sorting Machines; Conveyors; Tooling; Welding; Sheet Metal; Structures; Closures; Sealers
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL TRAINING
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CLUJ-NAPOCA, CLUJ-NAPOCA, ROMANIA
MASTER OF ENGINEERING
COMPLETED NUMEROUS SEMINARS AND COURSES, INCLUDING:
GENERAL MOTORS UNIVERSITY, WARREN, MI
UNIGRAPHICS (V.15-NX6), FEA, IMAN/VAS, PORTAL/TEAM CENTER, GD&T, VEHICLE ASSEMBLY STRUCTURE, QS-9000
ENGINEERING MATH SKILLS ASSESSMENT: RANKED #1 WITHIN THE DESIGN GROUP WITH SCORE Of 91%
GPDS, APM, TcAE, Part Reuse, UGNX Modeling, UGNX Editing, IMAN/TEAMCENTER Database, VAS, VisMockup, Autoweb