Fremont, CA *****
Areas of Knowledge
• Full Estimating (budgeting, conceptual, detailed), Lumber, Hardware, Windows, Doors, Roofing-Residential & Commercial, Residential Construction (multi-family, mixed use, affordable housing, Custom and Production), Commercial (TI, Tilt-Ups, Malls, Offices, Public Works), Sales, General and Subcontracting, Estimating, Job Costing, Scheduling, Business Management, Merchandising, Advertising, Customer Relations, Walk Throughs, Drafting/CAD, Computers, programming.
2010- Present Lowes Home Improvement
Commercial Sales Specialist/ Door and Window-Millworks Specialist
Create Material lists from customer provided blueprints, Develop new customer/accounts, create quotes, and close the sale. Must have knowledge of ALL items throughout the store. #1 certified in ALL departments. Create estimates and price out. Cold call on new potential customers and develop relationships on existing accounts. Ranked Top 5 salesmen in the district of 12 stores for the past 6 months in closing sales.
2005- 2011 PetersenDean Systems (Commercial & Residential)
Estimate Material and Labor from blueprints. Create Budget pricing and the final job costing Re-organized estimating department to operate as a “high volume-production” department. In charge of 4 residential estimators which includes all the hiring/firing, performance reviews, vacation schedule. Responsible for “on-time” bidding and accuracy. Working with the Controller to check and maintain customer accounts.
2003-2005 Kuehne Construction Services (Commercial/High-Tech/Industrial/Residential/Military)
Estimate Material and Labor from blueprints. Create proposals and presentations to clients. Responsible for all aspects of job costing and management. Create Budget pricing and the final job costing
2000-2003 Golden State Lumber Co.
Create “complete” material packages for a variety of projects/customers, i.e. remodels/room additions/custom homes.
1997-2000 Country Builders(Commercial/Residential)
Created estimates, budgets, proposals, purchasing, account management & cost analysis for not only commercial projects but mainly on residential housing.
1994-1997 Acker Construction & Estimating Services
Visit customer’s house. Develop a relationship, create estimate, close the sale, project management, follow up with all leads and existing accounts, Full estimating services for developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, home owners, etc… Responsible for all the day to day operations and all the financial responsibilities also, for all the Sales, contract negotiations, account management, and creating new customer base.
1985-1997 Builders Truss and Lumber
Salesman/Project Manager/Account Manager/ Draftsman
Responsible for locating, contacting, estimating, sales, management, close the sale and follow-ups on existing and new accounts.
• Reorganized entire estimating department, which included * developing computer software designed to do lumber and labor estimating, job costing and scheduling.
• Streamlined the biding process to solo operation, which resulted in a 300% bidding increase.
• MS Excel – formula based classes
• TrusJoist TJ – Xpert School
• FUSD - Excel, Word, MS Office DOS Classes
• 4 courses, CAD 13, 14, 2000
• Ohlone College major in construction management
• Carpenters Apprentice School
• American Contracting
• The Edge
• Quick Frame
• Contractors licensing school
• Real Estate licensing school
* Instrumental in developing construction estimating software which has become one of the leading residential construction estimating software’s used by “framing”