Michael S. Gilman
West Toluca Lake, CA. 91602
Summary of Qualifications
Business-savvy, strategic, creative and detail-oriented team player capable of managing and expanding current business. Known for keen ability to effectively oversee and direct all facets of:
• Brand Management • Product Development • Promotions, Sales & Marketing
• Creative • Quality Assurance • Employee Management
• Business Plan Development/Execution • Project Management
• Legal • Special Events • TV/Radio Production
• Communications • PR • Talent Management
• New Business/Client Development
Manager-Entertainment New York/Los Angeles
O.M.G! Entertainment 2005-Present
Developed and executed multi million dollar promotional & marketing campaigns for entertainment based, talent and event planning company.
• Provided theatrical and musical talent to more than 100 scheduled events yearly
• Utilized extensive client list within various industries, such as fashion, travel and beverage, etc. to enhance the careers of today’s top musical and theatrical artists.
• Spearheaded special events, sponsorships and parties to breakout new talent and brands to public.
• Clients included; Disney, Comedy Central, LOGO, Three Wishes Tours, Sony/BMG, House Of Blues, STAR Magazine, Instinct, Glamour, The Hollywood Diet, Fashion Week NY & LA, Van Cleef & Arpels, Levi’s, Stoli, Budweiser, Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, RSVP Vacations and various non-profit organizations worldwide, etc.
Operations Manager/Director-Marketing & Communications New York
Portrait Realty, Inc. 2005-2007
Met revenue goals by developing, producing and overseeing integrated marketing strategies for this multi-million dollar boutique Real Estate firm.
• Facilitated all new business propositions
• Directed and managed advertising and promotions staff to promote products and services to attract potential clients
• Developed pricing strategy to help firm maximize profits while ensuring that the firm’s customers are satisfied
• Created direct promotion programs, such as the 4/5 Exclusive that combined advertising with purchase incentives to increase sales
• Procured business by developing all creative assets including - direct mail, telemarketing, television, radio advertising, catalogs, exhibits, inserts in newspapers, internet advertisements, web sites, in-store displays, product endorsements and special events
Director New York/Toronto, Canada
Prova Group 2004-2005
Developed and launched an entertainment based talent agency, event planning and promotions company.
• Worked with various Grammy Award winners and Billboard topping artists
• Clients included; Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Tony Moran, Peter Rauhofer, Lady Bunny, Junior Vasquez and Hex Hector
• Handled all special events, sponsorships and parties introducing new talent, products and other activities to mass market
Director-Marketing & Promotions New York
Aghoma Corporation 2002-2004
Implemented all sales, marketing and promotional strategies for entertainment and event based venues in New York City.
• Clients included: The Limelight @ Avalon, BLU, XL Bar and Lounge and SBNY, etc.
• Ensured and maintained competitive edge by developing and orchestrating integrated marketing strategies and plans including: brand programs, advertising, PR, promotions, contesting, entertainment, community events, direct marketing, internet marketing, trade shows, sampling opportunities, corporate & political events
• Managed all day to day business including: planning, security and staffing, talent booking, event planning, management and production, catering, contract labor and administrative
• Coordinated the operations of various production sub-disciplines (scenic, wardrobe, lighting, sound, projection, automation, video, pyrotechnics, stage management, etc.) of the presentation
Production Manager-Television & New Media Los Angeles
TONOS Entertainment 2000-2002
Managed launch for a prestigious internet network together with owners/Grammy Award winners David Foster, Carole Bayer-Sager and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds.
• Key decision maker for business operations including: hiring staff, purchase of all equipment, design and creation of recording studio, customs coordination, telecommunications, labor relations, logistics, information technology, government liaison, venue booking, scheduling, operations management and workplace safety
Television Producer & Pilot Development 1991-2000 New York/Los Angeles
Leadership role responsible for all areas of production including, but not limited to:
Casting Development Hiring/Managing production staff
Writing Editing Booking/interviewing celebrities
Budgets Location scouting Wardrobe
Pitching Network Liaison Camera
Contracts included collaboration/partnerships with:
• Paramount Domestic Television, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Columbia Tri-Star Television, Warner Bros, Disney
• NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, MTV, Game Show Network, Disney Channel
• Telepictures Productions, Arista Records, Rysher Entertainment
• Three Wishes Tours, DIZZE Entertainment
Emmy nominated for several productions including:
• Paramount Domestic Television; The Maury Povich Show, LEEZA
Responsible for execution of music-segmented business:
• Arista Records and BMG/Sony Music. Secured musical acts for television performances and tours
• Maintained and executed Sony music contracts within publishing and licensing
• Secured and produced live musical acts worldwide for various events, both televised and private
Education and Professional Development
NY Institute of Business and Real Estate
New York State Certified/Licensed Real Estate Agent
Brooklyn College, CUNY-New York
B.A., Television & Radio Production/Communications
• MAC & PC Proficient: MS Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Quark Xpress, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Nexis, Outlook, etc.
• Typesetting and Graphic Design
• Photography 35 MM & Digital
• Strong Internet and Research
• Extensive list of Media, Production Crew and Corporate contacts