A talented administrative and management professional, experienced in project management and analysis, financial planning, billing, and office management
• More than 12 years of administrative, office, and project management experience.
• Highly knowledgeable in billing, financial analysis, project analysis, and auditing.
• Detail oriented, meticulous, and hardworking.
• Able to work well independently or as part of team.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with strong problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Volunteers for America of Greater New York, New York, NY 2001 – 2005
• Provide accounting support to departments including budget, contracts, accounts receivable, and finance encompassing issues including rent, collections, billing, budget medication, consolidation of fiscal reports, and general ledger analysis.
• Verify all billings of funding sources to ensure invoice accuracy; reconcile contract revenue accounts to the general ledger.
• Maintain and prepare monthly A/R schedules and general ledger receivable entries.
• Consistently meet standards for accuracy and timeliness for all accounting transactions.
The New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 1987 – 2000
Project Analyst (1998 – 2000)
• Performed recovery actions for all Oxford inpatient accounts, with receivables over $20 million.
• Carried out revision and distribution of monthly management reports.
• Provided valuable assistance to Financial Planning regarding Annual Medicare Bad Debt audits.
• Updated Charge Description master file for both campuses of hospital.
• Selected to manage special projects, such as Y2K Compliance Study and research and solicitation of new projects within network.
• Conducted office and project analysis, provided recommendations for improvements to management.
• Worked directly with CFO to carry out Due Diligence and Life Analysis with potential affiliates.
• Reported directly to CFO and Vice President on assigned projects.
Account Representative (1987 – 1998)
• Managed all outpatient accounts for hospital’s Westchester division.
• Communicated with account representatives on daily basis to verify inpatient insurance eligibility.
• Carried out processing of patient bills and forwarded to appropriate insurance companies.
• Monitored patient accounts, and performed payment deposits.
• Communicated with current and released patients regarding account status.
• Oversaw $5 million receivables fund.
• Performed departmental and operational reviews, identified potential issues, and forwarded recommendations to senior management.
• Rendered reports and documentation affecting various financial classes at Westchester division.
Fordham University, Bronx Campus
BA in Marketing, 1992
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Employee of the Month, 1999
Recipient of Mentoring Certificate
Windows 95/98, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Keywords: Administrative, office management, billing, accounts receivable, project analyst, project management, executive assistant, business operations, financial planning, business analyst, insurance, marketing, financial, pharmaceutical