Arabic Interpreter Job
Adel A. Khalaf
Address: ****, ********* **., **********, ** Zip Code: 15236
This letter is to introduce myself and to let you know of my interest in becoming a part of your company. The enclosed resume will furnish you with information concerning my overall employment background, training, education and skills. My work abilities are backed up with experiences and knowledge. I assure you that I can successfully fulfill any obligations requiring of any responsibility upon your company.
I believe in excellence and have always dedicated myself, my talents and my creative abilities to assure the successful accomplishment of any company goals. I am confident that my skills will be an asset and have a favorable impact in your company.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and hopefully to schedule an interview in which I hope to learn more about your company. It’s goals and plans and how I may be able to contribute to its continued success and growth.
Kindly find hereunder my resume
Thank you for your time.
Adel A. Khalaf
Date of Birth: 21 June 1971 Age: 38
Marital Status: Married
I’m legally eligible for employment in U.S.A
- Bachelor degree in Law 4 years degree graduated (1993) Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University, Cairo. Egypt.
- High School Diploma 12 years graduated (1989) - Cairo, Egypt.
Native Language: - Arabic
Other Language: - English Very Good
- French Good.
- Practiced Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Express
- Practiced Operating Systems: Windows9X, Windows2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Graphic Design: Adobe Photo Shop, Front Page, HTML
- Tourism industry Courses (7 levels)
- How to issue Airlines Tickets Course (Amadeus)
- English courses (12 levels)
- French Courses (4 levels)
- Adobe Photo Shop Course
- Front Page and HTML Course
- Jun.2005-June.2009 Tourism Manager
- Liaise with tourism, operational and procurement staff to ensure all activities, vehicles, equipment are available, serviced, operational and/or replaced as required;
- Manage and coordinate smooth operation of marine and land activities;
- Work with hotels staff to ensure seamless facilitation of all activities;
- Liaise with Reservations to determine bookings and any special requirements for visitor groups;
- Maintain and utilize statistics to assess future tourism developments such as; visitors, nationalities, origins, activities undertaken, accommodation, etc.
- In conjunction with the Activities Coordinator ensure all activities equipment is maintained in good serviceable condition, such as life jackets, safety helmets, archery equipment, etc;
- Ensure surveys and maintenance requirements are planned and undertaken on designated or potential routes for the Activities Team ensuring at all times maintenance.
- Ensure Activities Team keep visitors safe and that hazards or potential hazards are mitigated and reported;
- Make sure the Activities Facilitators implement safety requirements and ensure visitors use the life jackets and wear safety helmets, etc;
- Ensure problems with visitors/guests are immediately addressed and appropriate staff are delegated tasks to follow up;
- Ensure management team and staff are provided with reports and data as required;
- Assess and report on the economics of the activities such as budgets; costing, profit, viability etc;
- Set objectives for direct reports and ensure key performance indicators and goals are set and communicated for all tourism staff;
- Enhance existing products and contribute to development of emerging products;
- Manage team and liaise with HR and executive on recruitment and performance management issues.
- Oct.99- Mar.2005 Corporate Travel Manager
- Responsible for supervising a team of travel consultants whilst providing exceptional travel and value added services to our customer ensuring the service level agreements and customer satisfaction are met with the highest level of professionalism.
- Able to run all aspects of operations of a travel agency activities include airfare reservations, issuance of exchange orders, ticketing, billing, BSP settlement and reconciliation, generating operational and management reports, visa/travel document processing, managing airfare agreements.
- Handle escalated customer issues with a view to immediate resolution.
- Assist customers in fulfilling their travel requirements and requests with suitable travel itineraries and associated travel information including providing travel advice such as visa requirements and other travel related information together with complete, accurate and professionally presented travel documentation.
- Build professional relationships and rapport with our customers in order to deliver personalized customer experience.
- An approachable personality with the ability to instill confidence in customers and staff.
- Sep.98- Oct.99 Tour Operator
- Responsible for the day to day management of Tour Guiding team including managing the day-to-day operation, including the ability to maintain and identify strategies aimed at the effective delivery of tourism products and services.
- Ensuring a high quality of customer service is provided to all customers, and contributing and overseeing the efficient administration of tourism services including roistering, timekeeping, payroll management, cost recovery, cost efficiencies and some general administration.
- Sep.97- July 98 Assistant Front Office Manager
- Responsible for all front office duties, ensuring the highest levels of guest service.
- To lead, develop, train and motivate 10 strong team members.
- May 95- Jan.97 Inbound Services Assistant
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Feb.94 - April 95 Guest Relations
- Provide high quality guest service, ensuring a safe, clean, comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
- Attend to guests warmly during check in/out
- Handle guest enquiries, feedback, complaints and requests and ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide customers with satisfying and memorable experience by mingling with them and furnishing them with travel information.
Travel Exhibitions I attended:
I traveled all over the world and I attended lots of travel exhibitions such as : ITB(Berlin, Germany)- WTM(London, England), REISLIV( Lillstorm, Norway), FUTUR (Madrid, Spain, FIERA (Rimini, Italy), THE TRADE SHOW (Orlando, Florida)., plus lots of Exhibitions in Middle East.
Positions of Responsibility:
- Business Trips several times all over the world, especially Europe, I have very strong communications with Travel agents in whole Europe, Africa & Middle East.
-Tourism manager Handling and managing the entire travel Agent department (Incoming, outgoing and religious departments, Sales and Marketing Departments, reservations Department, plus Ticketing Department.
- Managing all touristic services with hotels, cruises reservations, airlines tickets..-etc
- Established and managed the whole operations systems for travel agents.
References: Available upon request.
N.B: Kindly note that I've huge relationships & Communications with travel agents Worldwide.