JOSEPH W. DUNCAN
West Newton, MA 02465
Swift Transportation Framingham, MA 2008 - Present
On-site Manager 2010 - present
• Manage operations directly at customer facility by interacting face to face with customer on daily basis.
• Perform Planning, Driver Management and/or Customer Service functions.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with assigned customer personnel on all levels while developing positive and solid relationships to enhance growth.
• Assist in collecting and maintaining current customer information in the system.
• Responsible for working with all Swift internal departments to resolve customer or company issues when necessary.
• Act as a daily extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all logistics opportunities with Customers.
• Communicate daily with responsible Swift planning centers to ensure customer commitments are being met.
• Generate appropriate reports regarding service, to assist in evaluating cost factors associated with business.
Service Assurance Coordinator Memphis, TN 2009-2010
• Responsible for monitoring Just in Time shipments for multiple high exposure accounts.
• Anticipate potential service issues and seek resolution in a time sensitive manner.
• Accountable for communicating live shipment status to customers directly.
• Act as liaison between sales and business partner to review performance of overall account activity.
Management Trainee Memphis, TN 2008-2009
• Acquire skills and perform daily functions of three major operational departments: customer service, planning and driver management.
• Seek and understand each department’s role in achieving customer satisfaction.
C.H. Robinson Worldwide Memphis, TN 2007 - 2008
• Accountable for building shipments in companies tracking system and assign representative to each shipment.
• Responsible for tracking shipments during transit and resolving any possible issues that occur.
• Release invoices and create reports for customers and internal staff.
Park Place Hotel Memphis, TN 2004 – 2007
Customer Relations Coordinator
• Coordinate events and accommodations for clients including processing payments and scheduling transportation services.
• Manage front desk staff operations and provide training for new hires.
• Provide excellent customer service and complaint resolution.
• Assist senior management in the creation and maintenance of reward programs.
• Maintain records of client history and manage on-going business relationships.
The University of Memphis – 2008
Bachelors of Business Administration degree in Logistics and Supply Chain.
Southwest Tennessee Community College – 2005
Associate of Applied Science Degree with a specialization in Banking and Finance.
MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lotus Notes, AS400, Fidelio Express, database management