SYED FIDA HYDER
*** ****** *** ***** ***** CA USA 95054
Objective: Seeking a challenging position as System admin, Systems Engineer, VMware Admin
Summary of Experience as Information Technology Management Professional
Over thirteen years of system management experience supporting large organizations such IRS (Internal Revenue Service) 16 large DataCenters and Graniterock with twenty-eight (28) corporate branches. Hands-on experience and demonstrated expertise in installation, configuration, and administration of IT resources. Experience includes servers, storage and communication hardware and Windows, Linux, VMware and Network software products. Responsibility included working closely and effectively with all levels of management to satisfy schedule and productivity requirements. Involved in interfacing with various functional heads of the organization and end-users for smooth and seamless migration to new tools and environment.
• Professional, logical, forthright thinker and able to provide effective solutions to solve difficult problems
• Capable of objective analysis, thinking out-side-the-box and making decisions based business constraints
• Able to clearly articulate intricate technical problems and solutions in business terms
• Lead through positive attitude, ownership, delegation, knowledge and teamwork
City of Pleasanton VMware Consultant Dec 2009 to Current.
Upgrading City of Pleasanton's virtual environment ESX 3.5 to ESX 4.0 and Virtual Center 2.5 to vSphere 4. Deploying VMware View 4.0 for City of Pleasanton's library. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware View Composer, View Connection Manager and Wyse Manager to make Library's new VMware View (VDI Virtual Desktop Infrastructure ) efficient and simplifies desktop administrative management tasks.
IRS (Internal Revenue Service) Hartford Connecticut
VMware Admin/VMware Architecture Engineer June 2009 to Nov 09
• Worked for IRS’s Enterprise Network Group in VPO (Virtualization Project Office) on a project in Connecticut, virtualizing more than 50,000 (fifty thousand) servers for 16 IRS datacenters all over the United States. Troubleshooting more than 300 ESX servers, virtual center, HA, V-Motion, DRS, SAN issues and day to day virtual machine performance issues and dealing with storage Vmotion problems and working on P2V project.
• Designing and Implemented VMware Lab Manager with 20 ESX 3.5 host for IRS and troubleshooting variety of VMware issues.
• Working with different models of HP blade servers SANs and switches.
Graniterock Company May 2000 to June 2009
VMware Admin/Systems admin/Systems Engineer
• Supported 28 corporate branches including supporting VMware, servers, various operating systems, applications, user-support, VOIP, video conferencing systems, wireless devices and other IT resources
• Broad experience with designing, implementing and troubleshooting VMware ESX server, VMware virtual center, setting up V-Motion, HA, DRS, and related VMware products such as VM Workstation, P2V converters, VM Backup products and other products for virtualization
• Involved in VMware updates manager to install & troubleshoot patches and updates on ESX hosts and virtual machines.
• Involved with designing and implementing VMware backup products and disaster recovery solutions
• Involved in installing/configuring and troubleshooting VMware Lab Manager and administrating multiple labs in Lab Manager and dealing with Lab Manager issues
• Was responsible for installing configuring and troubleshooting Windows NT/Windows 2000/2003 and 2008 servers using enterprise standards
• Made technical recommendations and identified administrative standards, issues and process improvements
• Was responsible for installing, troubleshooting and administrating ShoreTel VoIP system
• Was responsible for Data Domain network storage devices, setting up DD430 and other Data Domain products with Commvault for backup and replicating to remote Data Domain devices.
• Extensive use and support of SQL 2000 and 2005 servers, Server hardware, software and protocols
• Managed data backup, mirroring and recovery such as Commvault, Vizioncore VRanger, Vizioncore VFoglight and Microsoft System Center
• Also managed Fibre SAN/iSCSI SAN/NAS (EMC-CX30, NetApp, Dell MD3000i Dell MD 1000 storage technologies and worked with SANs in VMware environments and troubleshooting and upgrading firmware in VMware and other environments such as Windows
• Was responsible for Symantec system center installation, troubleshooting & support of antivirus software
• Was responsible for installing/configuring/troubleshooting small Networks for remote job sites, installing configuring and troubleshooting wireless networks and installing/troubleshooting network printers and print server. Also worked on installing/troubleshooting and configuring windows 2003 and windows 2000 servers Active Directories
• Performed (hands-on) work on images of workstations to troubleshoot windows 2000/XP, install and troubleshoot associate application such as MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint and construction related software/applications such as HCSS Heavybid, SureTrak, Primavera, Agtek, Libra Primavera Expedition, JDE world, OneWorld, , dispatch softwares, FRX software.
• Debugged client and server hardware such as DELL PowerEdge servers and Dell Desktops, Laptops, etc.
• Supported VOIP phone systems video conferencing systems and various wireless devices and support/troubleshoot Windows CE and Windows Mobile 2005 and WM6 and Cisco VPN and wireless access point products
• Also managed and supported RF devices and have very good understanding of LAN/WAN environment
Excite@Home Redwood City California Dec 1998 to May 00 Systems Engineer
• Involved in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows NT, 95, 98 and applications such as Visio, Remedy2000, Palm Desktop, MS Exchange, Clients, SecureCTR, Intellisync, Exceed, MS Project2000, Office 2000, on desktop and laptops. Used GHOST 6.0 to image PC and laptops.
• Converted email clients such as Netscape Messenger, outlook express, outlook 98 and Eudora to Outlook 2000 for the entire company
CSAA (California State Automobile Association) (MCI System House) San Francisco Jan 98 to Dec 98
• Was part of Conversion Team converting Windows 3.1 to Windows NT 4.0 Workstations
• Performed imaging of PCs and laptops with Ghost Software and installing applications for each individual troubleshooting hardware/software problems
Franklin Templeton San Mateo California Apr 97 to Jan 98
• Was responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting on Windows 95/NT/2000 and associate applications such as MS Office, Visio, project, Lotus Notes, Frames Maker, and re-imaging 95/NT PCs
• Was also responsible for day-to-day trouble tickets for operating systems, applications, and network issues.
IBM /TSS Group (at Applied Material, San Jose CA) Dec 96 to Apr 97
Desktop support/NT Administration
• Was responsible for NT deployment and migrating 7000 old PCs and laptops to new PCs and Laptops
• Generated delay analysis report of problems and resolutions for upper management
SIEMENS Microelectronics, Inc. San Jose, CA June 96 to Dec 96
• Was involved in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 95/98/NT workstation/server 4.0 and Windows 95/98 PCs in a network of over 1000 computers and phone support
• Also worked on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting associated local and network applications including software and other development tools
• Supported browsers such as Netscape Nevigator , MS Explorer, MS Exchange, MS Outlook, MS Office
• Created new and modifying previous Group Policies and User Profiles for NT Domain users for implementing security features on NT workstations
Professional Degrees & Certifications
• Masters Of Economics, Bachelor Of Commerce
• MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer)
• VSP (VMware Sales Professional)
• Trained VMWare Specialist
• Trained Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server
• Trained SQL 2005
• US Citizen
• Easy to work with
• Speak and understand 6 languages
• Strong technical sales and marketing skills
• Good consulting experience
• Flexible regarding work hours and location
• Will be furnished upon request
Lead Engineer, Citrix PVS, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Detroit, MI - citrix, certified, server, services, vmware,...
United States - vmware, virtual, netapp, configuration, directory,...
India, bangalore, KA - vmware, virtual, migration, administrator,...
Dallas, TX - alm, selenium, agile, qtp, jira, epic, scripts,...
Macintosh System Administrator/ Macintosh Tech
United States - apple, system administrator, administrator, intel,...
Sr. Java Developer
Raleigh, NC - soa, websphere, weblogic, fusion, v5,...
Active Directory Desktop Support
India, Bengaluru, KA - 2003, windows server, vmware, directory, hardware,...