Road Town, Tortola VG1110
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Has 40 years of combined experience in the estimation of construction costs, the supervision of construction activities, providing materials and the logistics; for mechanical, electrical, power generation, plumbing, security and systems projects.
• Has managed a multi-million dollar business, has served in a leadership role on numerous large construction projects, provided QA & QC services, testing services, inspection, and consulting services.
• Has experience with Mii MCACES and Success Estimating software, and is proficient in most Microsoft Office programs.
• Has worked for 18 years in the Caribbean on a total of nine islands. There are a lot of lessons learned and experience earned… over the years.
• Master Electrician License- USVI
• Earned Instructor Status with NCCER in both the electrical and instrumentation disciplines
• Was a craft trainer with Bechtel for a year and a half with NCCER
• Member of AACE and MET and NFPA
• Gained diving instructor status, and 100 ton master boat captain certification
• Associate of Science Degree – Gulf Coast Community College, Panama City, Florida. Curriculum path – Electrical engineering, and business.
• Numerous safety, trade and technical training programs.
MEP Project Manager – Quality Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Road Town, Tortola BVI
• Joined a new team with a former client; to extend the company’s capabilities in the heavy mechanical, electrical, power generation, plumbing and systems disciplines.
3/09 – 4/10
Consultant – TELIC Corp. for PARSONS IV&V Program – Annapolis Junction, MD &
PARSONS – M Street Engineering Office – Washington, DC
• Senior Electrical & Systems Estimator – provide conceptual design and cost estimates of electrical, mechanical, security, fire alarm, plumbing and special systems for Independent
Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), at various stages of project development.
• Lead estimator of a project of $1 bil USD, and total of $2.2 bil USD of cost estimates. These projects were US military projects.
• Identify vendors and secure pricing for equipment and review estimates of other disciplines when required. Performed numerous cost reviews of other contractors.
12/08 - 3/09
Senior MEP Field Engineer -Broadlands Financial Group
Lake Town Wharf Resort- Panama City Beach, Florida - $180 mil project which included 765 units, retail, and convention center. Found numerous code issues and design errors and recommended remedial work, and prepared bid packages for the remedial work required to bring the MEP work in order on this project.
• On the mechanical side, I provided the quantity surveying and quality control of the final product, including the commissioning of the HVAC water source heat pump systems, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, system controls, hydronic testing and balancing.
• On the electrical side, I inspected the electrical distribution system on the 21 services to the property, two generators, generator controls, and 70 power panels.
9/08 - 12/08
Self Employed – Island Services Int’l
Worked as a consultant on several projects including the MEP design for a Courthouse in Tortola, BVI, and a business plan for the supply of multiple contracts on a DOE project., for TELIC Corp.
7/08 - 8/08
Consultant – TELIC Corp. for PARSONS SWTF Program - Aiken, S.C.
This project was a nuclear waste purification project that was on final budget review. The total value of that work was about $70 mil.
• Responsibilities included technical review and updating vendor pricing to current Rev. and revised specifications on nuclear grade instrumentation, electrical and mechanical systems, in very short order.
9/07 – 7/08
General Superintendent / Project Manager BrittHay Electric - Grand Cayman, BWI
• Provided supervision for the construction and field design for a state of the art Computer Data Center.
• Successfully negotiated $460,000.00 in change orders to a $230,000 project, and provided re-design of the entire electrical system. This afforded additional capacities and assured code compliance. The installation included 1200 ft of 1200 ampere feeders from three different locations on four levels through 13 exposed pull boxes in this occupied concrete structure, two main switchboards, a draw-out circuit breaker type automatic transfer switch, two each 80 KVA UPS systems with batteries, and the design and construction of a signal reference grid system for the facility.
1/07 – 6/07
Electrical and Systems Engineering Coordinator - Sandals Resorts Int’l., Antigua
• In charge of QA & QC, and field design, at the tail end of this project.
• Responsibilities included the electrical systems, JCI building automation, fire-alarm, sound, audio-visual, and security aspects of this $350 mil project.
• Provided supervision for the installation of a 2.5 MW power plant, and the field design of a sophisticated Johnson Controls, BMS system.
5/06 – 11-06
Senior Electrical Coordinator - Hensel-Phelps Int’l., Anguilla BWI
St. Regis Temenos Resort & Country Club $500M, resort property.
• Provided the QA & QC for this distressed project and estimates for the design changes.
• Areas of responsibility were the electrical systems, fire alarm, telecom, and underground utilities on this 500 acre site.
• Performed mechanical and concrete pour inspections on portions of this project as well.
4/05 – 5/06
Bartlett-Hilton Construction – St. John, USVI
• Performed electrical work on numerous projects, including resort maintenance, renovations, and the remodeling of several “ultra-lux” villas.
9/04 – 4/05
Frederiksted Waterfront Project- Cardenas Electric – St. Croix, USVI
• Estimator, Negotiator, General Superintendent, and Project Manager of this large park and cruise ship dock renovation project ($ 2 mil electric). There was a lot of field design required which I performed on this project.
Gift Hill Housing Project – Cardenas Electric – St. John, USVI
• Estimator and Negotiator for this large housing project ($2 mil. Electric).
11/02 – 9/04
Tropical Breeze Resort - Dave Capps Electric Service – Panama City, Fl.
• Estimator, Project Manager, and General Superintendent, of this 25 man electrical contractor. Our work consisted of new, commercial construction projects including shopping centers, malls, and condominiums
11/00 – 11/02
El Paso Gas – Florida - I & E Incorporated – Daphne, Al.
• Estimator and Project manager on four each natural gas compressor stations (El Paso Gas), and several petro-chemical facilities including, Chevron-Pascagoula, Ciba Geigy, Prax-Air, Courtaulds Fibers, Pfizer Chemicals.
6/96 – 11/00
Island Services International St. John, USVI
• Owner and Master Electrician of this small I & E company in the USVI. Worked directly for contractors, and sometimes independently.
• Innovative Communications Bldg – St. Croix USVI
1000KW Generator/ Silencer/ ATS Install
General Contractor- ONAN VI
• DIVI Carina Bay Casino – St. Croix USVI
VI’s first casino/convention center, $550K labor only project.
Electrical Contractor - Triumpho Electric – Gen. Mgr.
• Gallows Bay Complex – St. Croix USVI
Install 6 each 125 KW generators, ATS’s wiring
Electrical Contractor – Triumpho Electric – Gen. Mgr.
• Re-build Switchgear & 3000 Ampere ATS - St. Croix USVI
LBJ Sewage Plumping Station
Complete disassembly & rebuild 16 structures & ATS
Electrical Contractor – Triumpho Electric – Gen. Mgr.
• Westin Resort – St. John USVI
New pool addition, sewage treatment plant & R/O plant
and repairs, Prime Contractor- Harding & Lawson.
• Bolongo Beach Resort - St. Thomas, USVI
Site lighting, 36 unit re-wire, new services,
Prime Contractor- Island Services -Completion date, Feb, 1999.
• Ritz Carlton – St. Thomas USVI
Main dining, AC up-grades, site lighting, replace 136 A/C
fan coil units, New feeders
General Contractor- Jim Overton Const. - STJ
• Wyndam Sugar Bay Resort – St. Thomas, USVI
Re-build hurricane damaged main lobby, three restaurants,
convention center, Three months completion.
Position- Project manager – General Superintendent
General Contractor – Shearman Const.
• Renaissance Grand Bay Resort – St. Thomas, USVI
Re-build hurricane damaged property, 326 units, new restaurant, remodel two kitchens, and convention facilities, four months completion. Built, “on time”.
Position- Project manger & General Superintendent
General Contractor – Shearman Const.
• There were numerous other jobs performed at HOVENSA (HESS OIL Refinery) in St. Croix. These jobs usually had us working with various stateside, contractors. These were usually PM projects where we performed testing services, inspection, and servicing of LV & MV switchgear.
12/95 – 6/96
K. B. Electric – Panama City, Fl.
• Position – Project Manager, Estimator, Field Work.
Commercial, condos and government work.
7/94 – 12/95
DOHM Wire & Communications
• Position- Factory Rep. – ROCKBESTOS CABLE
8/92 – 7/94
Industrial Electric Supply – Mobile, Alabama
• Position – Senior Outside Sales Engineer, estimator for military and large commercial contractors. I averaged estimating $1.5 mil of heavy power and lighting equipment for projects, per week.
7/91 – 8/92
Industrial Services, Theodore, Al
• Position – Estimator, Field Supervision - EXXON MBP project, and other industrial projects.
10/88 – 5/90
CES Electrical Supply – Jacksonville, Fl & Panama City, Fl.
• Senior Outside Sales Engineer – Estimator, Responsible for large commercial and government contractors for large projects.
6/85 – 10/88
Sol del Caribe Co. – Ambergris Caye, Belize, C.A.
• Vice President & Construction Manager – Estimator - resort development
• Designed, provided cost estimation, obtained development concessions, and cleared the property. I designed and built the largest private dock in the country. It was freight duty 520’ long, 12’ wide with a 50’x90’ pier head
• This site was ten miles from the nearest road. There were 25 men on this remote site that I trained and managed for this work.
6/72 – 6-85
Coastal Electric Supply / WESCO – Panama City, Florida
• Branch Manager – Wholesale Electric Supply House
This became a multi-million dollar family business, which I assumed the management of in 1980, during my father’s illness.
• My father and I started this business, from the ground up. I had just graduated high school. Coastal Electric Supply was an industrial electric and automation supply house, a very special one, where three branch managers for other companies emerged under my leadership and training, over the years. We specialized in industrial and military construction projects (COE & NAFVAC) in the mid-seventies and early eighties.
• I coordinated all contractor heavy commercial and military sales and direct sales to the DOD & DOE for many projects, including numerous air field lighting, power distribution, substations, and SCADA projects.
• As manager, I tripled the sales volume of the business in two years and negotiated the sale of Coastal Electric Supply Co.; to WESCO in 1984 after my father’s death in 1981.
I feel that I am at the top of my game, especially with my recent work experience.
I am technically sound, seasoned, motivated, and very interested in working with your company.
Karl Bauknight Owner, Quality Electric Supply, St. Croix, USVI
Bill Britt Electrical Engineer – 251-***-****
Paul Guilmette Fluor Int’l – Field \Engineer
Gary Chadwick Manager of Estimating – PARSONS
Sandy Whyte Senior Estimator – PARSONS
Additional references available on request.