Nathan A. Ash, PG, CEG
Senior Project Geologist
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Professional Geologist with over 10 years of experience in the energy and engineering consulting sectors.
• Responsible for planning and implementation of complicated capital programs with large budgets.
• Responsible for business development including building strong client relationships and developing marketing strategies to secure new contracts.
• Adept at managing field projects and evaluating various data sources including drilling logs, geophysical data, and wireline test data to evaluate subsurface geologic conditions.
• Detail oriented, effective at multi-tasking, able to learn quickly and adapt to changing technologies.
• Excellent communications skills. Responsible for writing technical and business reports.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (FROM MOST RELEVANT)
Horizon Well Logging, Lompoc, CA
• Performed sampling, testing, logging, and consultation during the drilling of exploration and production wells for oil, gas, and geothermal projects throughout Central and Southern California.
• Worked in conjunction with company geologists, field engineers, drillers, Department of Defense project managers, and oilfield services.
• Conducted analysis of wellfield data from geologic and geophysical logs and wireline testing.
• Evaluated subsurface stratigraphic and structural geologic data for interpretation of oil, gas, and geothermal production zones.
• Operated and maintained gas sampling equipment, temperature and volume probes, and computer equipment in self-contained, mobile laboratory.
Senior Project Geologist (current position)
• Provided project management services for commercial, residential, infrastructure, and industrial projects with budgets in excess of two million dollars.
• Conducted investigations and development consultation for high profile development and redevelopment projects throughout the Southwestern United States and the Republic of Mexico.
• Responsible for managing staff and senior staff level geologists, engineers, and field technicians.
• Responsible for contract management, report and proposal writing, business development, and budget management.
• Performed geotechnical investigations to provide geological engineering recommendations for project design and construction.
• Worked closely with civil, geotechnical, and structural engineers, clients, and government entities to identify requirements and obtain plan approvals.
Ninyo & Moore Consultants, San Diego, CA
• Provided project management services for commercial, residential, infrastructure, and industrial projects with budgets exceeding one hundred thousand dollars.
• Performed geotechnical investigations to provide geological site characterization and engineering recommendations for project design and construction.
• Management and oversight of staff geologists and field technicians.
• Responsible for report and proposal writing, business development, and budget management.
• Worked closely with civil, geotechnical, and structural engineers and clients to identify requirements and obtain plan approvals.
Advanced Geotechnical Services, Camarillo, California
Senior Staff Geologist
• Performed field mapping and subsurface investigations for commercial, residential, industrial, and public infrastructure projects.
• Coordinated and oversaw subcontractor services.
• Prepared field logs, geologic maps, and geotechnical investigation reports.
• Worked closely with engineering geologists, civil and geotechnical engineers, and clients.
• Served as expert witness in litigation proceedings.
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
Master of Science in Geology (1997)
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Geology, with Honors (1994)
RELEVANT UNIVERSITY COURSEWORK
Sedimentology Depositional Systems
Stratigraphy Advanced Structural Geology
Electromagnetic Geophysics Well Logging
Environmental and Aqueous Geochemistry
Global and Applied Geophysics
Applied Geoscience Data Analysis
Professional Geologist – State of California
Professional Geologist – State of Wyoming
Certified Engineering Geologist – State of California
Association of Engineering Geologist
San Diego Association of Geologists
Geological Society of America
United States Citizen