Charlotte, NC 28212
Seeking an opportunity as a Staff Accountant/Accountant
Summary of Skills
Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, MDB (inventory software),Microsoft Office (Word & Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) Peachtree, QuickBooks, PC Law , Mainframe, Sales Order Tool (SOT), Sirus GT (payroll software), Act, Report Writer (Financial statement software)
Bookkeeper/Assistant to Vice President 3/08-present
Ex-Factory Inc / Bi-Energy/National Capital Leasing
($18M in gross profit woodworking machinery dealer and leasing company in the woodworking industry.)
Charged with responsibility of coordinating all accounts payable/receivable functions, monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, PayPal credit card processing and online banking. Administer payroll and benefits. Coordinate HR functions, setting up and maintain all personnel files.
• Significantly increase efficiency in accounting department by reducing payroll process time from 7 days to 2days.
• Proficiently handle full-cycle accounts payable for over 200 vendors, with accountability ranging from weekly check processing and GL coding to account reconciliation and allocation.
• Train receptionist on processing accounts payable.
• Daily cash management including bank borrowings to ensure proper funding of operation and payables.
• Productively assist in multi-state processing of commission and payroll for over 70 employees.
Johnson C Smith University (Education) 5/07-11/07 Accountant (Contract)
• Prepared bank and various G/L reconciliations
• Prepared and performed general ledger entries.
• Prepared budget variance
Ingersoll Rand (Industrial) 3/07-5/07
Treasury Analyst (Contract)
($17 billion global diversified industrial company)
• Prepared intercompany loan documents
• Prepared bank reconciliations
• Special projects as given
Charmer Industries (Wine and Liquor Distributor) 6/01-3/07 Charmer Industries/Empire Merchants, Astoria, NY
Staff Accountant (06/03 – 03/07)
Accounts Payable Clerk (06/01-06/03)
(Privately held company categorized under Liquors-Wholesale, with estimated annual revenue of $100 to $500 million and employs a staff of approximately 250 to 499.)
Responsible for daily cash management including bank borrowings to ensure proper funding of operation and payables, performed on-line banking, such as wire transfer, stop payments and check inquires as necessary prepared journal entries to record posted cash and checks into GL, Prepared profit and loss reconciliation company retirement benefit account, various G/L and bank accounts.
• Create and prepared monthly spreadsheets reports to track (sales, delinquent, contribution, commission and receivables)
• Supervised and delegate certain responsibility in the absence of the supervisor
• Work closely with HR department and 401K plan administrator and payroll department.
• Reconciled Bank, Loan and Exchange and intercompany accounts
• Assisted in the preparation of financial statement and various schedules
• Prepared tax forms; 1098, 1099-Int, 1099-Misc, and 1096
• Provided accounting and administrative support to various departments for their budget.
• Rewarded for increasing company cash flow and reducing company outstanding AR.
• Promote to Staff Accountant due to outstanding work ethics
Wood, Rafalsky & Wood/ Phoenix Capital Group/Real Estate
(Privately held real estate law firm and Mortgage Company)
Responsibility includes all AP/AR functions, Assist with the HR functions of the company, such as prepare new hire employment package, answer question in regards to benefits, and keep track of employee time off.
• Established relationship between banks, attorneys and clients
• Saved company $89,000 by researching accounts and resolving account discrepancies.
• Train and assisted paralegal in preparing loan closing documents when need arose
• Prepare financial reports monthly for partners.
Bachelors in Finance
Devry Institute of Technology, Long Island City, NY---2007