Management Executive with MBA, MSC and 15 years progressively responsible leadership experience. Results-oriented senior management professional with the reputation of a goal oriented visionary, strategic planner and effective communicator. Effective in developing, reorganizing and streamlining treasury, risk management, strategic planning and supply chain operations to maximize performance and profitability.
Hospitality Purveyors Inc., Miami, Fl
President 2007 – 2008
• Developed HPI’s corporate strategic goals, objectives & milestones for purchasing, accounting and logistics.
• Monitored and audited divisional purchasing and logistics activities to assure policy compliance.
• Implemented measures to increase HPI’s supply chain effectiveness in terms of efficiency, quality and service.
• Responsible for a budget of US$75 million and personnel comprising one general manager, five directors and their respective staff members.
• Developed and maintained key strategic alliances with suppliers to maximize product quality and optimize total cost.
• Monitored freight forwarders and brokers’ effectiveness to protect the interests of HPI and its Client.
• Developed new sources and supply procedures to support needs of all Client existing and new properties.
• Determined requirements and conducted visits with vendors to evaluate and analyze their performance, services, equipment, supplies and special materials.
** Solicited and evaluated competitive bids, including specifications, terms and conditions and established 12 month contracts for Food and Beverage resulting in 20% savings.
** Conducted inspections at factories in China and negotiations with leading Chinese operations/marketing personnel and increased direct project purchases from China to 75% and operational purchases to 40%.
Director of Projects 2006 – 2007
• Audited and made recommendations to improve Client’s Central Purchasing Department.
• Directed purchase functions which included sourcing, pricing, supply chain optimization for the FF&E and OS&E needs of its Clients.
• Managed and ensured that all materials were procured and delivered to the site offices on schedule and under budget for the construction of 360 luxury hotel suites in Antigua and Turks & Caicos.
** Developed and implemented warehouse procedures for HPI and clients and reduced warehouse cost per foot by 35%.
Atlantic LNG Company of Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad, WI
Supply Chain Manager – Commercial Department 2005-2006
• Responsible for procuring and managing Atlantic LNG’s material needs and procured the Company’s projects, construction works and manpower needs and all other service requirements.
• Managed the Supply Chain Group’s annual Capital and Operating budget of approximately US$36 million.
** Received a Managers Award for revitalizing the Supply Chain function.
Treasury, Risk, Admin & Property Manager – Finance and Administration Department 1997-2005
• Developed annual and longer-term budget and objectives for the Unit within the framework of the objectives of the company’s Strategic Plan.
• Managed Atlantic’s US$5 billion revenue, shareholder loans, bank debt and the conditions of the Loan Agreements.
• Developed a successful model for renewals of corporate and operating insurances inclusive of bespoke risk engineering exercises to inform risk assessment, brokerage submissions and presentations to the world’s leading Insurance brokerages and insurance markets.
• Led market presentations of Atlantic LNG as an operating entity to the underwriting markets in New York and London with significant impact on costs and the development of relational capital. The specific approaches developed have also informed best practice at Atlantic’s shareholder level including the risk management units at Repsol, British Gas and BP.
• Managed, coordinated and developed Atlantic LNG’s strategic plans, the scorecards of the Company’s Variable Incentive Plan and Key Performance Indicators from 1997 until 2002.
• Worked with shareholder reps to develop and implement project refinancing and expansion funding.
• Advanced approaches to enterprise wide risk management in a number of Trinidad and Tobago Energy based state and private sector enterprises that have set the standard for risk assessment and management domestically and developed Atlantic’s corporate risk matrices for its Board of Directors.
• Provided guidance and interpretation to senior management on treasury, investment, strategic and risk management policies and practices. Also acted as HR Manager for a period of 5 months.
• Developed, implemented, controlled and monitored the applications of Atlantic’s treasury, investment, cash and risk management policies and procedures.
• Prepared monthly, annual and periodic treasury accounting reports for internal and external users.
• Developed analyses and position paper for swapping Atlantic’s debt from floating to fix.
** Increased interest income 35% above budget.
** Received Atlantic’s highest accord - the 1st President’s Award for “creating significant value for shareholders and reducing the company’s financial burden”.
** Commended by Atlantic’s BOD and received a Managers Award for the company’s 2001 Business Plan.
** Realized a 20% reduction on Atlantic’s construction insurance placement.
National Gas Company, Trinidad, WI 1996-1997
Project Officer - Finance Department
• Developed National Gas’s Five-Year Financial Plan 1997-2001 including financial statements and ratios.
• Conceptualized both a financial and insurance based risk management approach for hedging the National Gas Company’s natural gas price relative to world ammonia and methanol prices, the latter not subject to a globally traded commodities market.
T & T Unit Trust Corporation, Trinidad, WI
Fund Manager - Investment Department 1990-1993
• Managed an US$85 million money market investment fund.
• Conducted analyses of publicly traded companies and money market instruments; assisted the Manager Investments in the management of the growth and income fund; developed new investment strategies for the money market and growth and income funds; and investment counseling to unit-holders.
Master in Business Administration - Finance and Investments
Baruch College, CUNY, New York, USA
Master of Science - Economics
University of the West Indies, Trinidad, WI
Bachelor of Science - Economics
University of the West Indies, Barbados, WI