VICTORIA A. HADDAD
San Diego, CA 92130 *******@*****.***
Highly motivated pharmaceutical sales professional with an established record of exceeding sales goals and outstanding account management. Extensive experience successfully launching new products and new FDA indications. Exceptional networking, strategic, and tactical planning skills. Recognized for using a technical high-science consultative selling approach to Integrated Health Care Institutions resulting in increased revenue and market share.
San Diego State University; Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego, CA
M.P.H., Masters of Public Health, Health Services Administration
Thesis: Feasibility of an urgent care center in a rural district of San Diego County in conjunction with Palomar Pomerado Health System.
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
B.S., Biochemistry and Cell Biology; Provost Honors
Minor: Health Care and Social Issues
MERCK & CO., INC., San Diego, CA 2001 – 2008
Senior Specialty Hospital Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Account Management and customer knowledge:
• Managed approximately 20 accounts covering, Academic, Military, VA and community hospitals in the Greater San Diego area.
• Portfolio: Injectables (broad spectrum IV antibiotics, IV antifungals), pain medications, antiemetic’s.
• Called on Pulmonologists, Infectious Diseases Specialists, Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Oncologists, Hospitalists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine, Pharmacists, OB/GYN, home health, infusion center, stand alone surgery centers, wound care, ER, OR, trauma centers, burn units, ICU, SICU, and office-based private practices.
• Defended ALL products vs. in-class competitors, and maintained positive formulary status by utilizing quality customer selling skills and account and customer management.
• Managed account contracts to ensure market share and sales requirements were adhered to.
• Gained reputation for consistently penetrating new markets and increasing market share in a competitive atmosphere.
• Nominated as class counselor to help training session – “exemplary representative”.
• Vast experience giving clinical sales presentations to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and pharmacy management.
• Identified local and national thought leaders and developed relationships into advocates and speakers.
• Coordinated educational speaker programs for the San Diego community.
• Provided excellent customer relationship and developed access to key decision makers and thought leaders
Awards and Recognitions:
• 2007 Directly contributed to the #1 Sales District in the NATION.
• 2006 Regional Award-“Bend the Trend” Cancidas award.
• National Directors Award 2005.
• Multiple Awards of Excellence granted throughout my career in recognition of sharing excellent sales presentations, successful pull through of Hospital contracts, working with counterparts, excellent account management, and successfully adding and saving products to formulary.
• Stock options granted for 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 upon the discretion of upper management in recognition for excellence in execution.
• Group Product Total PPO 143% - 2005
• Group Product Total PPO 114.5%, 51.8% year on year growth – 2002
• Total Geography 123.6%, 90.9 % year on year growth – 2003
• Region Winner – 2002 West RBG Cancentive Program.
• District Winner – Region Winning Award 2S02.
• District Winner – Invanz Growth Incentive Plan – 2003.
• District Winner – Cancidas Growth Incentive Plan – 2003.
• District Winner – Account Management Award 2S03.
• Region Winner – Top Territory Growth Award – 115% year on year growth – 2003.
• RAMPA Award-Acute Care Award Winner – 2003.
DAMLUJI RESEARCH CENTER, San Diego, CA 2000 – 2001
Clinical Trials Coordinator
Conducted inpatient and outpatient clinical trials. Obtained Informed Consent and randomized patients.
Prepared, submitted, and maintained CRF’s and regulatory documents to IRB/FDA in accordance with FDA Good Clinical Practices (GCP), ICH, and Global SOP guidelines.
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY, San Diego, CA 2000
Graduate School of Public Health; Health Services Administration Faculty. “Self-Study Project” Accrediting Commission on Education for Health Services Administration. Worked with the Division Head on formulating and collecting data to prepare for the re-accreditation for the Division of Health Services Administration
PALOMAR POMERADO HEALTH SYSTEM, San Diego, CA 1999 – 2000
Project Managerial Assistant
Business Development / Strategic Planning
• Collected benchmark data to monitor the effectiveness’ and efficiencies’ of programs and to identify patterns and make future projections.
• Developed a business plan to analyze the feasibility of a women’s care center in a rural district of San Diego County.
• Managed, conducted, and analyzed telephonic and mail surveys of local businesses.
• Analyzed labor variance reports and received direct feedback from department managers regarding budget variances.
• Compared and negotiated vendor contracts and assisted in selecting winning contract.
UCSD SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, La Jolla, CA 1997 – 1998
Department of Neuroscience
Laboratory Research Technician
• Conducted biological research on Alzheimer’s disease. Analyzed indicators and measures of functionality.
UCSD CANCER CENTER, La Jolla, CA 1998
• Led a clinical study which collected and analyzed data to verify the effectiveness of mammography screening on age-specific geriatric women.
G. Sadler, L. Olson, A. Krause, A. Salousakos, V A Kabban, J. Gehazikhanian, R. Harshburger, S. Saltzstein. “Recruiting Older Women to Research Studies: The San Diego Cooperative Mammography Project.” Breast Dis. 2001;13:33-40