Personable, articulate individual with solid administrative and retail experience, willing to work individually or within a team, and able to learn quickly with minimal supervision.
Cashier: The Home Depot, Waterford, CT January 2012 – present
• Conduct sales transactions using POS and cash register and provide customer service.
• Locate products and ensure that pricing and quantities are accurately entered into the system.
• Perform closing activities and assist Head Cashier with closing operations.
Buyer: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto, ON June 2006 – present
• Prepare and issue purchase orders and contracts using SAP.
• Responsible for procuring IT equipment (software and hardware) for the Corporation.
• Generate request for quotes, obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers, analyze responses and negotiate optimal pricing and payment terms.
• Expedite orders and resolve delivery and other issues with suppliers.
• Review requisition orders for accuracy, calculate costs of orders, charge invoices to appropriate accounts and ensure that purchase order and invoicing discrepancies are resolved.
• Respond to requests for information, and provide customer service.
• Assist in training casual staff on basic SAP procedures and work flow.
Cashier/ Co-worker: IKEA Food Services, North York, Canada, April 2005 – present
• Conduct sales transactions using POS, prepare food on order and advertise new food products.
• Train new co-workers on opening procedures and daily operation of Bistro and Swede Shop.
• Perform daily start of business and supervise closing activities at IKEA Food Services Bistro.
Registrar/ Admissions Officer: Pacific College, New York City, NY 2003 - 2005
• Managed records department and supervised assistant registrars.
• Interviewed and screened potential candidates for administrative positions.
• Reviewed student files and records to ensure they were complete and correct.
• Advised students concerning administration of procedures and policies.
• Supervised office in the absence of COO and Academic Dean.
• Provided essential customer service, administrative, & sales support to admissions department increasing profits by $500,000 during the first semester of work.
• Organized monthly outreach Open House events including food orders, preparation of information packets, set up & table displays and liaised with vendors.
• Coordinated use of conference room, set meeting agendas, and typed minutes and notes.
• Scheduled appointments & processed departmental supply & purchase orders.
• Maintained admissions departmental databases, processed online & telephone requests from prospective students, & processed departmental mail.
• Drafted, edited, proofread and prepared documents to be advertised & distributed to the public.
Administrative Assistant: Gaylord College/ Public Affairs, Univ. of Oklahoma 2000 - 2003
• Assisted faculty and students in locating library materials, filing and organizing legal documents.
• Conducted research, logged statistics on patron usage, performed material circulation.
• Maintained library equipment including computers, copying machines & microfiche.
• Supervised library and junior staff during the evening hours and was responsible for close of business activities and checks.
• Performed data entry, filing, answering phones & general clerical tasks.
• Planned and organized public/media events & logged media coverage.
• Assisted in preparations & coordination of banquets & special events for the President’s office, OU.
• Organized filing system and archival of historical materials and memoirs.
Intern: National Public Radio Station KGOU 106.3, University of Oklahoma, OK 2002 – 2003
• Performed audio checks and monitored sound levels and recordings from satellite feeds.
• Assisted with station website maintenance and recorded weekly announcements/PSAs.
• Composed public service announcements that aired daily and produced promos for shows.
• Director, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Staff Association, Toronto, ONT
• Greeter, Peoples Church, Toronto, ONT
• Head of Department, Children’s Ministry, Rehoboth Christian Center, Bridgeport, CT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over twelve years’ administrative experience in various environments including media & higher education and practical food service experience.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral skills and ability to multi-task.
• Possess effective writing skills with experience in drafting correspondence.
• Excellent ability to pay attention to detail, organize, keep records, edit and proofread.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage, Outlook and other programs including SAP and Novell GroupWise.
• Experience with hiring and training new staff, & ensuring that work meets specific standards.
• Acquired skills in negotiating, planning and coordinating on various levels.
• Superior customer service skills and effective intercultural communication skills gained through work experience in North America, Europe and Africa.
University of Oklahoma, May 2003 Major G.P.A. 4.00/4.00 Cumulative G.P.A. 3.8/4.00
M.A. Mass Communication with New Media Technology Emphasis
Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, December, 1999 Magna Cum Laude
B.A. French with a minor in International Studies
B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication with Broadcast Emphasis
References Available Upon Request