MELONY A. FARRAR
SouthEast Toyota/JM Family Enterprises - 168 Toyota Franchise Retailers Jan 24, 2005 – Present
District Sales Manager – Lead national sales teams that aggressively promote World Omni’s newest products to franchise retailers throughout the United States specially the 168 Retail Stores in the South East. I travel within territory to assigned retailers to speak to staff about Toyota and its expectation in store, and include correct branding, product placement, and training. I assist in the hiring/termination of Toyota associates and manage a large sales team by motivating, training and leading them to meet their sales goals with the 168 Retail stores.
• Outstanding Performance – In October 05, I received a spot bonus for outstanding performance in the implementation and launch of the upstream remarketing process which lead to customer retention, and an increase in sales. In 2006, my sales team was compensated for exceeding our annual sales goal by 6%, in 2007 by 5% and on pace for 2008 to exceed goals by 10%.
• Nova Management Program Graduate – In December 05, I was one of 6 individuals nominated into the Nova Senior Management program with Nova Southeastern University. This 2 year program prepares management for senior management positions. I graduated the NOVA program in September 2007 and was selected of 30 graduates to speak to upcoming Nova classes during their orientation.
• Retail Marketing – In an effort in increase exposure to our retailer’s products, I created a schedule of marketing events that would result in an overall profitable advantage over our competitors. I developed a strategic plan that would offer control of email campaigns, projects, promotions, and partnerships with sister organizations that would improve the reach and frequency of our sales messages.
Forest Laboratories Inc. (Pharmaceuticals) Western MI Territory Oct 2002-August 2003
Territory Pharmaceutical Sales Manager – Responsible for executing a business plan for Southwest Michigan in the promotion of 2 highly competitive products consisting of a Seretonin Reuptake Inhibitor and a Calcium Channel Blocker to Medical Providers. Territory management skills and extensive budget allocations were required to successfully meet the reach and frequency objectives to target customers. Participate extensively in regional and national meetings to learn new educational & training techniques.
• Participant in Southwest Michigan Pharmaceutical sales group - This group consisted of one sales rep per manufacturer meeting on a monthly basis to discuss how to overcome obstacles that we were all facing such as a gatekeeper at a specific medical provider’s office or sampling issues.
• Recognized at annual meeting for successful growth of Forest’s primary products’ market share growth over the competitors, and achieved additional incentive compensation for growing 2 out of 2 products for the last quarter of fiscal year 2003.
• Developed relationships with target providers whom have not yet embraced Forest Products in hopes to develop positive outcomes and growth in market share. Establish teamwork with company members to gain access and increase market share.
DeNooyer Chevrolet Inc. Kalamazoo MI Sept 1995-Oct 2002
Finance & Insurance Manager 2000 - 2002– Responsible for assisting & training 17-20 sales consultants in finalizing & controlling each sale. Use closing skills to confirm & increase profit by selling the benefits of intangible forms of protection such as life, accidental health, gap insurance & service contracts to each customer. Use managerial role to train staff in establishing effective ways to increase profit per vehicle delivery. Participate heavily with sales managers in the development of new tools to expand clientele and customer base. Build strong rapport with financial institutions, credit unions and banks to gain positive solutions for all customer types.
• Achieved 4 out of 4 quarterly goals as Finance & Insurance Manager within the 1st year of promotion, along with exceeding area Finance Managers in overall profit per vehicle delivery.
• Produced a marketing tool to increase sales of extended service contracts by 10% for a specific target market by prospecting outside clients & developed customer service checklist that all sales associates use to confirm a successful customer satisfaction & delivery of their new automobile recognized by General Motors.
• Received National Warranty Company reward for outstanding Performance & service in 2001.
Sales Representative 1998 - 2000 – Provide assistance in the selection & recommendation of products that would be best suited to the individual or business needs through presentation and personal attention. Use business-to-business selling strategies to acquire outside commercial accounts.
• Recognized for performance in generating substantial increases in profit during the first 5 months as sales & leasing representative.
Bachelor of Science – B.S. in Fashion Merchandising/Textile Studies Western Michigan University
Graduated in 2000, Kalamazoo MI
National Exercise and Sports Trainers Associating Certification Dec 2005
• Certified Personal Trainer and Aerobics Instructor
David Walsh Online Sales Training June 2007 – Deerfield Beach FL
• Marketing Objections Sales Training
NOVA University Dec 2005 – Sept 2007
• JM Family Enterprises Senior Management Training Program
JM Family Enterprises (JMFeUniversity and Learning& Development Center) January 2005 – Present
• Completed an average of 30-45 required classroom hours for management which reinforces HR regulations, Driving performance evaluations and tools to develop direct reports that would allow management to maintain JM Family Culture of “Associates are the most valuable asset.”