Resourceful and innovative Drilling Engineer offering extensive oil and gas industry experience with specific expertise preparing AFE’s, controlling costs, planning and supervising well operations, completion, workover, and P&A. Drilling experience encompasses single and multiple well projects located off-shore and on-land including Gulf of Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, California, North and South Dakota. Possess hands-on knowledge with oil and gas down hole tools and air drilling. Demonstrated proficiency solving down hole problems in drilling, completions and workovers. Able to grasp the big picture, focus on critical details, and manage multiple priorities. Self-directed leader who can work effectively in a team environment and mentor junior engineers. Committed to adding value and exceeding expectations through outside the box thinking, collaborative problem solving, continuous learning, and disciplined decision making.
• Planned, drilled, and completed six inland barge wells in the Louisiana inland swamp and generated cost savings that were nearly $300,000 lower than the previous engineer.
• Drilled one well in a new field approximately 1,000 feet deeper than any other company has been able to drill prior to setting intermediate casing.
• Solicited bids; evaluated contracts; prepared AFE’s, mud programs, casing design, cementing programs; permitted land and inland barge wells; and reviewed/approved invoice payments.
• Made recommendations concerning drilling operations involving heavy cost control, and helped resolve problems including kicks, deviations, and lost circulation.
• Ensured proper depth measurements by checking calculations, observing mud quality and services, running and cementing casing and liners, directional drilling, fishing operations, and logging wells.
• Experienced with depth ranges from 3,000 feet to 19,000 feet, mud weights to 19.0 ppg, clear weighted fluids, oil-base muds, paraffin control and design, and installation of surface production equipment.
• Supervised perforating, squeezing, stimulation, gravel packs, snubbing operations, fishing operations, including H2S and electric and slick wireline operations on single and multiple well projects.
• Became a consulting engineer immediately upon receiving undergraduate degree.
Owner & Consultant - Dorado Petroleum Consultants, Inc. - Rosharon, TX • 1980 – Present
• Served as petroleum Engineer for multiple clients on 150+ wells to 13,000’ in Coastal Texas, S, Texas and S. Louisiana. Managed all phases of operations from drilling through completion and monitored production.
• Prepared AFE’s and planned and executed well programs,took bids, reviewed contracts, prepared mud programs, casing design, cementing programs, and permitted land and inland water wells. Made recommendations concerning drilling operations involving heavy cost control, and helped solve any problems that might arise, such as kicks, deviation problems and lost circulation, etc. Wellsite work includes ensuring proper depth measurements by checking calculations, observing mud quality and services, running and cementing casing and liners, directional drilling, fishing operations and logging wells. Experience with clear weighted fluids and Oil-base muds. Have contolled kicks,drilled vertical, S-curved and directional to 75o. . Experience with HTHP and lost circulation. Familiar with downhole hydraulics and torque and methods used to maximize mud motors and bit life.
• Completion and workover includes extensive office and wellsite work. Planned and executed completion and workover programs on single and dual wells .Projects include waterflood design and installation, gas lift design, sucker rod and pump design and formation stimulation design.. Experience includes supervision of perforating, squeezing, stimulation, gravel packs, snubbing operations, fishing operations, including H2S and electric and slick wireline operations on single and multiple well projects. Also have experience in paraffin control and design and installation of surface and subsurface production equipment. Both oil and gas experience. Monitored LOE and made adjustments where necessary.
Kenneth R. Gordon
Petroleum Consultant (Avanti Consulting, Stokes & Spieler, Energy Consultants) - Rosharon, TX • 1991 – 1995
• Worked for above companies through Dorado Petroleum Consultants as well site supervisor for multiple clients in S. Louisiana, and offshore Louisiana and Texas. Served as consultant on drilling, completion,
• workovers, snubbing, coiled tubing and wireline work.
Co-Owner & Operator - Oilfield P&A - Rosharon, TX • 1990 – 1993
Drilling & Production Engineer - Southwest Petrochem, Inc. - Houston, TX • 1979 – 1980
• Performed duties as Drilling, Completion and Production Engineer for East Texas, South Texas and Oklahoma.
Consulting Engineer - LeClair-Westwood, Inc. - Denver, CO • 1977 – 1979
• Served as consulting P)etroleum Engin eer for multiple clients same as for Dorado Petroleum Consultants. Worked on wells in DJ Basin Colorado, SW Colorado, Aneth Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming and Nebraska
BS Petroleum Engineering, 1977
Colorado School of Mines - Golden, CO
Randy Smith Drilling Schools - MMS BOP Training
Basic Drilling, Completion, & Well Servicing-Surface, Subsea, Snubbing, Coiled Tubing, and Small Tubing
IMCO BOSS Well Control; Schlumberger & Welex Well Log Interpretations; Dowell Stimulations Seminar:
AADE FMG Seminar on Hole Cleaning Awareness and Modeling and Cementing with Lost Circulation and Bond Log Evaluation
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE)