Mallory J. Struggs_______________
Montgomery, AL 36117 Mobile: 334-***-****
Career Goal: To expand my knowledge within and to continue pursuing relationships with the human service community through outreach, marketing and presentation with my managerial and consultation experience.
June 2005- Present Contract Certification Surveyor/Trainer
Department of Mental Health/Mental Retardation (Central Office),
• Responsible for reviewing and surveying State of AL Mental Health consenting agencies on federal and state laws, and procedures pertaining to substance abuse, prevention and treatment service, including confidentiality, privacy, and treatment strategies.
• Trains/Instruct state and private facilities on the ability to express ideas on theories, techniques, and interventions through documentation or case management, as this is performed when conducting routine site visits to all mental health and private facilities.
• Actively participates in workshops, seminars, fund-raising events and behavioral health continued education programs.
January 2004- Apr 2005 Program Director/Community Liaison Director
Bullock County Hospital (Gateway- Adult/Geriatric Unit
Union Springs, AL
• Developed, implemented, and maintained start-up psych unit.
• Complied with all standards of inspecting regulating agencies by maintaining the maximum standards of a part-hospitalization unit and being in compliance with JCAHO standards, which certifies or credentials the psych units and hospitals for Alabama.
• Maintained and reviewed reports from nursing and Therapy Staff which resulted in answering questions and concerns for them during debriefings.
• Participated in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team Meetings along with the Medical Director and Staff.
• Supervised, recruited, trained, and maintained a consistent medical staff which resulted in low turnover.
• Managed and reviewed the pre-screen and intake (admissions process), psychological assessments, counseling individuals, care planning along with the discharge process.
• Maintained consistent contact with all referral sources and agencies by providing community education to those existing sources.
• Reviewing of all staffs’ Assisted Daily Living (ADL) sheets on a weekly basis to ensure adequate activities for the patients were being met.
January 2000- September 2003 Counselor, Montgomery Work Release, State of AL
• Provided structural guidance in a 16-week outpatient program to inmates.
• Supervised inmates during therapy, didactic and individualized sessions.
• Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of the substance abuse and mental health service programs as required by the State of Alabama, in order for the programs to remain at the Work Release.
• Organized, Implemented and Maintained a Personal Development Course to assist inmates with their everyday life skills.
• Assisted and provided direct support to the Adult Basic Education Specialist and the Job Placement Coordinator in assisting inmates with their career goals.
• Managed the recreational activities as a means of therapeutic support and rehabilitation for the inmates.
January 1998- December 1999 Business Analyst, Electronic Data Systems
• Marketed to consumers a structured process on how to consolidate their defaulted loans.
• Maintained customer relations with colleges and universities throughout the southeast.
• Acted as a liaison between EDS and students to promote a positive professional relationship between the two entities for the consolidation process.
• Demonstrated computer efficiency when working on EDS Software packages.
October 1993- May 1997 Administrative Asst to Chief of Personnel,
908th Airlift Wing
• Duties included providing customer service to 1000 Air Force Personnel.
• Maintained administrative and personnel files, assisted in providing TDY orders for military and civilian personnel.
• Responsible for sponsoring various fund raising events held on base such as Red Cross (Relay for Life Walk-A-Thon) and United Way Campaign.
Education: Bachelor of Science: Justice and Public Safety: May 1997
Auburn University Montgomery, AL
Master of Science: Counseling: May 2005
Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
Current Doctoral Student in Human Services (Graduation Exp. Feb 2012)
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES OF SERVICE:
November 12, 2008 Preparing for the Future: Presented to Students at Virginia College in Montgomery, AL.
July 11, 2005 Involuntary and Voluntary Commitment Process: Presented to Nurses’, Social Workers and Doctors at Jackson Hospital in Montgomery, AL.
September 12, 2002 Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Presented to staff at Montgomery Community Based Facility.
Business, Computer, Software, Leadership
Montgomery, AL - montgomery, re, joshua, mental, visit, tour,...
Montgomery, AL - social, treatment, family, foster, montgomery,...
Machine Operator Truck Driver
Montgomery, AL - materials, truck, lift, truck driver, yard,...
Montgomery, AL - eye, montgomery, air force, afb, force,...
Prattville, AL - ppap, mental health, mental, kaizen, quality,...
Administrative Assistant High School
Montgomery, AL - montgomery, information systems, campus, club,...
Team Leader Sales
Montgomery, AL - team leader, montgomery, conduct, leader, meeting,...