MICHAEL W. MIRACLE
**** ********* **. • Knoxville, TN 37922
To obtain a position that maximizes over 30 years of management skills, quality assurance, and testing experience as well as integrating experience gained through utilizing best industry practices such as Six Sigma and Lean in a manufacturing and testing environment.
ARC AUTOMOTIVE - Knoxville, TN 1998 – June 2008
Tier 2 Supplier of airbag inflators to Delphi, Takata, Toyoda Gosei, TRW and other module manufacturers in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Prototype Laboratory Manager (Assembly & Test) 2006 – June 2008
(Black Belt Certified)
• Lean Initiatives
o Increased efficiency by 33% and streamlined the staff of 16 to 12 workers reducing the workforce by 25%.
o Met management need to shorten the prototype timetable from 21 days to 14 days (33%), and a from a 72-hour turn-around to a 24-hour turn-around time in testing a 30% reduction.
o Implemented receiving and tracking system for prototype inflator orders, achieving 100% on-time delivery.
• Six Sigma/Quality Initiatives
o Established policy that all defects are investigated for root cause analysis through 5 Why method and corrective actions implemented to prevent reoccurrence. Defects are monitored to determine corrective action success rate.
o Reduced overall scrap rate by 20% in a manual process through various Six Sigma tools.
o Utilized Six Sigma tools to reduce cycle time and increase throughput of a product by 60% per 50 pieces. Reduced rework by 67% and test errors to 99.8% efficiency and eliminated an offline process.
o Achieved ISO17025 certification for Metallurgy and Engineering Prototype Testing labs in Knoxville, Italy & Mexico.
• Project Management
o Established systems to assess training requirements, proficiency and competency for all technicians.
o Manage/participate in projects consisting of cross functional team members to bring airbag inflator development from the research and development phases through prototyping samples for customers and handing off to high volume production.
• People Management
o Team oriented – Working to make sure that barriers do not develop between the different work groups that use the prototype lab.
o Cross-trained all technicians in EPL to improve quality through increased knowledge, skills, and abilities.
o Establish recognition and performance improvement plans for employees.
o Coordinated departmental Monthly Safety meetings.
Engineering Prototype Test Manager / with Global test lab responsibilities 1998 - 2006
• Global responsibilities for five test facilities, Mexico, Italy, China, two (2) Knoxville labs. Ensure all equipment, process, procedures and training was standardized, and ensured they were ISO17025 certified. Actually setup and trained technicians in Italy & Mexico labs.
• Restructured processes, reallocating resources and implemented 3 shifts, leading to improved turnaround time and increased efficiency.
• Coordinate/conduct test group reviews of requirements specifications and create and document test procedures.
• Implemented 5S resulting in improved efficiency, quality, and safety.
• Certified internal auditor for ISO17025 and TS16949 and performed yearly audits in Mexico and Knoxville test labs.
• Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports within the direction of company policies and procedures.
TRW Vehicle Safety Systems Inc. (Test Supervisor) 1992 - 1998
• Supervised 6 direct reports nonunion technical personnel.
• Directed workflow to meet delivery dates, while ensuring high quality production and overseeing machine maintenance and repair and test processes utilizing Six Sigma tools.
• Implemented 2-person reduction in the workforce, while maintaining quality and productivity.
• Developed testing and auditing procedures and processes to ensure product/testing quality.
• Responsible for ISO17025 Accreditation for Test Lab.
• SIX SIGMA - ARC Automotive - Knoxville, TN
o Six Sigma Black Belt Certification 2006
o Six Sigma Green Belt Certification 2000
• PROFESSIONAL ONGOING EDUCATION
o TS16949 Internal Auditor – ARC Automotive, Knoxville, TN 2007
o ISO17025 Internal Auditor - ARC Automotive, Knoxville, TN 2006
• COMPUTER SKILLS - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Minitab statistical analysis software, and Internet research and analysis.